PDA

View Full Version : Public warning: Telemarketing scam

TomcoPDR
12-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Phone number 403-250-3813 shows up as "Star Enterprises" on ID

Some dude "named" DEAN speaks on the phone.

Dean: (asks to speak to Mr. XXX, listed in phone book): I usually know it's some shitnut telemarketer cuz phone's registered to my parents.

Me: "Oh hang on" (waited 2 minutes goes on the phone as myself)

Dean: "Oh Mr. XXX a while ago you've filled out a survey and we just like to thank you for your time and offer you a gift"

Me: "Oh really, (and I chuckled like I was laughing at his salesman lame ass)... which survey is this dude?"

Dean: "it's just some small survey you took a few months ago"

Me: "I don't usually fill out lame ass surveys, did I not put my name in there aside from Mr. XXX?"

Dean: (stutters) "well well well, this might not had been something that was that important... but anyways just calling to offer you that we appreicate your time and efforts and we can drop off a gift for you in the next hour or so, will you be home? Is your address XXX?"

Me: "I really don't need anything right now tho"

Dean: "Oh it's completely free, just to show we appreicate your time, etc... it's a 3 days 2 nights in a hotel resort blah blah blah"

Me: "Well, for one I live on the road from my income job"

Dean: "Well, this is a nice package you and your spouse can enjoy"

Me: "I ain't tied down man, I'm really sick of hotels man, I've been living in hotels for the past 10 months this year... and you know how hard it is these days to find a local whore?"

Dean: (Stutters): Well well you could always give this to your family and friends, etc...

Me: "Nice, alright you got a pen, I'll give you some numbers you can call, I got no use for this so I don't wanna waste your money"

The end...

Get a fucking real job you fucking pieces of shit low lifes. How the fuck do you pieces of horse shits get up in the morning and not shot yourselves, why don't you make up a list and call among yourselves.

Hopefully you ass lints choke on the bullshit you spill out. Die you fuckers.

Jlude
12-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Phone number 403-250-3813 shows up as "Star Enterprises" on ID

Some dude "named" DEAN speaks on the phone.

Dean: (asks to speak to Mr. XXX, listed in phone book): I usually know it's some shitnut telemarketer cuz phone's registered to my parents.

Me: "Oh hang on" (waited 2 minutes goes on the phone as myself)

Dean: "Oh Mr. XXX a while ago you've filled out a survey and we just like to thank you for your time and offer you a gift"

Me: "Oh really, (and I chuckled like I was laughing at his salesman lame ass)... which survey is this dude?"

Dean: "it's just some small survey you took a few months ago"

Me: "I don't usually fill out lame ass surveys, did I not put my name in there aside from Mr. XXX?"

Dean: (stutters) "well well well, this might not had been something that was that important... but anyways just calling to offer you that we appreicate your time and efforts and we can drop off a gift for you in the next hour or so, will you be home? Is your address XXX?"

Me: "I really don't need anything right now tho"

Dean: "Oh it's completely free, just to show we appreicate your time, etc... it's a 3 days 2 nights in a hotel resort blah blah blah"

Me: "Well, for one I live on the road from my income job"

Dean: "Well, this is a nice package you and your spouse can enjoy"

Me: "I ain't tied down man, I'm really sick of hotels man, I've been living in hotels for the past 10 months this year... and you know how hard it is these days to find a local whore?"

Dean: (Stutters): Well well you could always give this to your family and friends, etc...

Me: "Nice, alright you got a pen, I'll give you some numbers you can call, I got no use for this so I don't wanna waste your money"

The end...

Get a fucking real job you fucking pieces of shit low lifes. How the fuck do you pieces of horse shits get up in the morning and not shot yourselves, why don't you make up a list and call among yourselves.

once again tom... you crack me right up... well played

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Crymson
12-14-2008, 09:54 AM
it's not necessarily a scam. You usually get these calls if you enter ANY vacation getaway contests at festivals or events. It's just a weekend full of time share presentations and shitty accomodation.

Canmorite
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Bookmark this, and play it when they call. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

LadyLuck
12-14-2008, 11:15 AM
These guys are Star Enterprises or aka Star Industries,
I worked for these guys 3 years ago for a couple of months trying to make some quick money before i took off to europe.

They call you and tell you that you took a survey, which you could have about 6 months ago regarding allergies n shit, most people dont remember because the survey takes about 20 seconds.

They log all your info away for a few months and then start calling again "thanking you" for taking the survey and wishing to drop off a gift.

What most people dont know is that these fuckers sell the TRISTAR VACCUM and will show up with it to your house and pressure you into doing a demo while assuring you that they are not trying to sell you anything.

After the demo is done they get on the phone with their manager telling them everything they just found out about you while doing the demo, then put you on the phone with the manager and thats when the pressure sale starts.

These guys are scum, and i only stuck around for about 2 months then left.

While the product they sell is actually pretty good, theres no need to buy it for $2500 when you can get it for a couple hundred.

Do not let these guys in your house, you will never get those 2 hours of your life back!!!!

GQBalla
12-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Damn what scum. Well done tom that was hilarious

Kona9
12-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Unless a friend or family member (at worst the police) are on the other end, They don't get my time. Unless I am in one of my witty, fuck around moods. (Ie what Tom just did)

Thanks for the heads up Tom!

lint
12-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:(

topmade
12-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
These guys are Star Enterprises or aka Star Industries,
I worked for these guys 3 years ago for a couple of months trying to make some quick money before i took off to europe.

They call you and tell you that you took a survey, which you could have about 6 months ago regarding allergies n shit, most people dont remember because the survey takes about 20 seconds.

They log all your info away for a few months and then start calling again "thanking you" for taking the survey and wishing to drop off a gift.

What most people dont know is that these fuckers sell the TRISTAR VACCUM and will show up with it to your house and pressure you into doing a demo while assuring you that they are not trying to sell you anything.

After the demo is done they get on the phone with their manager telling them everything they just found out about you while doing the demo, then put you on the phone with the manager and thats when the pressure sale starts.

These guys are scum, and i only stuck around for about 2 months then left.

While the product they sell is actually pretty good, theres no need to buy it for $2500 when you can get it for a couple hundred.

Do not let these guys in your house, you will never get those 2 hours of your life back!!!!
That's exactly what it is, either knives or vacuums, and their hiring techniques are just as bad. I did this as well a while back and didn't do to well because most of my demo's ended up in general conversations with the people dissing the company and what a shitty vacuum it was and definately not worth $2000 :eek: , then I just gave them a whole bunch of shitty gifts and left :D

TomcoPDR
12-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by lint

:(

Don't take that outta context man, ur still da man :love:

xLostx
12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
WTF I WANT THE VACATION!!