PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance!!!

rockanrepublic
12-15-2008, 03:47 AM
ok so im buying insurance this week and would liek to know if anyone has dealt with "Economical Mutual Insurance Company"? please dont tell me go with TD M&M cause its out of the question.
also for bonus points im going to do monthly payments and they said they need a void check to do direct withdrawal but my bank wont give me one i got no clue why im gonna figure this out another day. anyways would a direct deposit/withdrawal form work? because it has they same info as a void cheque would have.:dunno:

DarkDream
12-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Yup a form should work... I know TD only gives out the forms and not void cheques

rockanrepublic
12-15-2008, 04:04 AM
yea im with TD :nut:
i thought it was only me cause i still got my last year on my youth account last time i checked 18 wasent youth but im not complaining on no fees
thanks

so thats one question answered

Anyone dealt with these jokers?

Ferio_vti
12-15-2008, 08:25 AM
What's wrong with TD MM??

Your insurance wants a cheque cuz it is would prove that it is your bank account and not someone elses.
Ask your bank for a letter stating the Inst #, Branch # and your bank account the monthly payments will come out of. A letter from your bank, that's sign and authorized should be okay.

Any reason why you can't get a book of cheques from your bank??

rockanrepublic
12-15-2008, 10:02 AM
TD MM screwed me and my entire family over hardcore...
so never going back with them there a bunch of assholes on the phone too.:whipped:

uh i think i can get a book of cheques but they would mail it too me and it would cost money and not very useful when i only need one.

but alright thanks

Masked Bandit
12-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Your bank (even if it's not your home branch) should be able to issue you a direct deposit / payment form.

Economical Mutual is a pretty main stream, run of the mill insurance company. Nothing amazing or horrible either way. The biggest difference you'll probably experience is the broker, not the actual insuance company. 99% of your dealings are with the broker and the only time you deal directly with the company is in the event of a claim. If you have a good broker, you'll be fine. End up with a loser = time to switch brokers.