PDA

View Full Version : Final Exam Grades

max_boost
09-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Let's hear it guys

The most your mark has increased after the final and the most your mark has decreased after the final

I've gone from A to C+ after the Financial Accounting final! Just got owned :banghead:

gpomp
09-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Linear algebra. I had about 45% going in and I came out with 25%. Not bad considering the final exam was worthing something like 60% of the overall mark....

Weapon_R
09-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Went from a certain D to a B+.

I think most profs are very reasonable. If you can promise your professor that you will improve, a lot of them (all that i've talked to) will take your final mark and quash the midterm.

Last semester I failed a midterm, and the class consisted of a final (45%), midterm (35%) and an assignment, and I still got a b+ cuz I studied my ass off. This was in International Monetary Systems.

thich
09-28-2003, 10:56 PM
in my Business Law and Administration course (SGMA395)
i went from C- to a B+ in the final exam

gkAeris
09-29-2003, 12:11 AM
i had a prof that said if u get an A in the final exam, that would automatically give you an A overall even if u failed every quiz and assignments

he also said that only happened once since his 15 years at the U normally people can't slack for one semester and make it up in the final hehe

but yeah i think i went from a B+ to a D becuase i got in an broke up with an ex two days before the final...shitty eh

max_boost
09-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Freak
Just wrote my Advertising final and I took another beating

Went in with A-, will probably end up with a C+ or something:banghead:

Not to mention I almost fell asleep, these days suck, too much studying and too tired

sexualbanana
09-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I almost fell asleep, these days suck, too much studying and too tired

I found going to sleep in the middle of a test for like 5 minutes actually helps. I figure it's better because if you don't, it'll just be on your mind for the rest of the test.

The only thing to watch out for is sleeping through the whole thing.

max_boost
09-30-2003, 10:15 PM
For about 20mins I was literally just dozing off! haha Luckily I didn't mark anything on my answer sheet. one more thing, the lead pencil broke when I got to the last 10 questions. I had to hold a piece of lead to fill in the scantron.

How retarded is that? lol

CRXguy
09-30-2003, 11:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RSeXy
09-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
For about 20mins I was literally just dozing off! haha Luckily I didn't mark anything on my answer sheet. one more thing, the lead pencil broke when I got to the last 10 questions. I had to hold a piece of lead to fill in the scantron.

How retarded is that? lol

ROFL! I can picture that too! hahaha...that is why you bring extra pencils! and eraser if the person besides you jacks it or something!

I'm usually sick when i write my finals...and the gym is dead quiet...so its sucks when i have the sniffles..:(

Paul
10-01-2003, 10:26 PM
I took it up the ass for my Human Resourse Class MGT 3051, fuckin raped me. But hey...who uses HR anyway's? They're the first department to get cut when budgets fall!

max_boost
10-01-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Paul
I took it up the ass for my Human Resourse Class MGT 3051, fuckin raped me. But hey...who uses HR anyway's? They're the first department to get cut when budgets fall! LOL
I plan on a career in HR!!!
Well it'll be in demand when everyone retires! haha

Shaolin
10-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Paul
I took it up the ass for my Human Resourse Class MGT 3051, fuckin raped me. But hey...who uses HR anyway's? They're the first department to get cut when budgets fall!

haha Paul I took that class here at the calgary campus.. but I went opposite way though, I bombed the first midterm, and walked out with a B+

as for bombing a class, I went into my money and banking final with an A and walked out with a B.. that's the worst so far.

Mckenzie
10-12-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by thich
in my Business Law and Administration course (SGMA395)
i went from C- to a B+ in the final exam

Thich....

HOw bad are the exams for this course?

I have my midterm on Saturday and I am kinda trippin as to what I am supposed to know. I have heard they are pretty hard. Are we supposed to know the Constitution and Charter ACt inside out?

What about coming in with any previous cases to use as precedents?

I have it with P. Bowal.

Thanx.... :)

You are allowed one double side cheat sheet aren't u???

bommie_1
10-19-2003, 07:11 PM
went from an F (33%) to an A (95%) cause teacher took final exam mark if it was better than everything else. Good deal for me I guess. This whole "studying" thing actually works.

pinoyhero
10-19-2003, 09:25 PM
I got smoked on a FNCE final, went in praying with a B-, came out with a minimum acceptable C.

GT2NV
10-21-2003, 06:52 PM
so far in english i came out with a B+ cant wait to see the rest though

Gondi Stylez
10-23-2003, 01:08 AM
i got an A+ in bio right now... lets see after my 2nd part of my midterm!! hahaha

Gainsbarre
12-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Biggest jump I had was a B to an A. That was in ECON 357 with Rob Oxoby in the Summer 2003. He's a GREAT professor, so for all you econ majors out there, try to take at least one course with him.

Biggest drop? A to a B+ in ECON 303 in fall 2002. Misread once of the three questions and got zero on it.

But overall, final exams have never had a huge inpact on my final grade.

YCB
12-07-2003, 06:55 PM
hahaha newbie...

GTS Jeff
12-07-2003, 08:23 PM
i find it funny that ppl even calculate what mark they have going into the exam when it doesnt even matter haha.

for most of my classes the only marks there are is midterm and final. i usually stay pretty consistent between the 2.

max_boost
12-07-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm going into my Managerial Accounting Final tomorrow with an A=90% but I have done ZERO studying so I think I will fail the final and finish with a C:)

I need 10% on the final to pass the course so if I pick all 'C's on the scantron, that should do! haha

WhiteNikes
12-08-2003, 01:08 AM
B+ to F screwed up the final, by 2 points, out of something like 130 points.

B to A-, my group all gave me a good rating, so the prof boosted my grade.

The most interesting thing is, this was the same prof.

Shaolin
12-08-2003, 02:14 AM
boost, did you do it through athabasca? if you are, it's not hard.. 50 multiple choice questions, you only need 25 right.. good luck man.

Stratus_Power
12-08-2003, 02:36 AM
man u guys are fast, i have yet to write my finals