PDA

View Full Version : A&W Ice Tea Ripoff

Grogador
12-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I didn't feel like venturing outside today, so a friend of mine picked up some lunch for us. We both got the Uncle Burger with cheese and bacon, large fries and large drinks. It was on two separate bills, so when he got back I looked at the bags and noticed one of them was $0.11 more expensive than the other! At first I thought it was the little plastic things of BBQ sauce (why don't they put this on the burger in the first place?) but it turns out my Ice Tea is eleven cents more expensive than his coke!

I was actually quite shocked that first of all, they would even charge extra for something like tea and sugar water, and secondly, that they would charge what I would consider an absurd amount like $0.11.

When businesses pull stunts like that, it annoys me to the point that I just boycott them. May not seem like a big deal but when you think that I've probably got 50 years worth of ice tea drinking ahead of me, that could potentially cost them a nice chunk of change. Not to mention the people who I tell.

theken
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Ice tea syrup costs around 12 bucks more a box. There is your 11 cents

badatusrnames
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM
:rofl:

Could have been worse, they could have charged you 50 cents extra...

But at least one of my shoes are worth more than your house.

GenerationX
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought they would give me whipped cream instead of foam. Bullshit!

I'll go fine dine somewhere else.

TomcoPDR
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Which location is this?

max_boost
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Iced Tea usually costs more though? I charge $0.25 more for Iced Tea!

But yeah yeah, I see what you did there.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
I swear to god the "ownings" on beyond are getting more lame buy the minute. First the "Mediocre experience at SDS" thread and now this.

Jeremiah
12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Any restaurant or fast food charges a premium for iced tea sometimes for lemonade too

nobb
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I wonder if all the A&W franchises are all taught to be cheap like this. When I worked at A&W as a shitty temporary job during winter break from school, I would get yelled at for being too generous at giving away too much ketchup, or if I gave kids extra dunkaroos/lollipop (because there are two kids and I thought it would be nice). Stuff like this is a good reminder to study hard and stay in school.

harv91
12-15-2008, 08:44 PM
are you people honestly that petty
that you would create a new thread for 11 cents?
all the time it took you to create this thread and type all this shit up, you could have shoveled someone's driveway for 5$

HerschelF
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Isaiah keeps getting owned. Everywhere

Proyecto2000
12-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by nobb
I wonder if all the A&W franchises are all taught to be cheap like this. When I worked at A&W as a shitty temporary job during winter break from school, I would get yelled at for being too generous at giving away too much ketchup,

I have this problem at the A&W in the Standard Life tower food court, 2 times a week I buy 3 breakfast meals for me and 2 coworkers and OMG are they cheap on Ketchup. They give me 1 packet for each meal and when I ask for more the lady will only give me 1 more and say here you go and stare at me. WTF I just spent about $18 on 3 meals and they cant afford to give me more then 4 ketchup packets??? I ask her for "extra" ketchup atleast 6 times a month and i'm some what afraid that I will make them go under for all the extra ketchup that I ask for and I wont be able to buy my A&W breakfast any more :rofl:

Oldskool
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by A790
I swear to god the "ownings" on beyond are getting more lame buy the minute. First the "Mediocre experience at SDS" thread and now this.

Beyond seems to be cyclic in narture, a good owning will come around sooner or later...

Team_Mclaren
12-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Grogador

When businesses pull stunts like that, it annoys me to the point that I just boycott them. May not seem like a big deal but when you think that I've probably got 50 years worth of ice tea drinking ahead of me, that could potentially cost them a nice chunk of change. Not to mention the people who I tell.

nice, one less idiot in EVERY resturant in town.

HerschelF
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by A790

What about Subway Jarred @ Tantra?

chkolny541
12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
A+ thread. "OMG 11Cents extra, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!"

ban +1 , worth a shot

HerschelF
12-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
A+ thread. "OMG 11Cents extra, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!"

ban +1 , worth a shot

I tink he is mocking user ISAIAH

jwslam
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
wow this is like that hot choc thread but worse
because the 10cents + 1cent gst is WRITTEN ON THE STUPID MENU

A790
12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Oldskool

Beyond seems to be cyclic in narture, a good owning will come around sooner or later...
We can only hope, sir, we can only hope.