PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post = bunch of fucking idiots

adam c
12-16-2008, 12:56 AM
I ordered a Christmas Present for my gf, it was shipped through Canada Post

I put my work address cause I wanted to make sure I got it and not some random person walking down the street seeing a CP sign hanging off a door or the package sitting on the front step.

Anyways, I tracked it online, it arrived in Calgary yesterday (sunday) and was to be delivered tomorrow (tuesday).. Awesome! good stuff just in time for next week. Well I also signed up for email alerts as to where the package is going and delivery date, I just got an email saying that the package is Undeliverable AND being sent back to the shipper

WTF is this! they never came to my work once today, they never called me or anything to confirm address or ask if i want to pick it up from the warehouse. The address was FUCKING CORRECT you lazy assholes, just cause it's cold outside doesn't mean you can leave it on your fucking truck AND send it back to the shipper without not even notifying me or trying to contact me

Now I don't have my main gift for my GF!! GJ ASSHOLES

jeremyn
12-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I know Canada Post was on strike for a bit so maybe that affected their performance?
Canada Post drivers are usually pretty reliable.
If you thought your driver was lazy you should see some of the drivers at Purolator, sometimes is they cant find parking they wont even attempt it.
Usually they should hold your package for 5 business days but it looks like that didnt happen either.

bignerd
12-16-2008, 01:12 AM
I agree they seem to be having some issues with the packages and or tracking system...

My tracking number says my package was sent for final delivery on Dec 10, so I figured I would have a postcard notifying me to pick it up at the PO in my mailbox.... nothing. So go to the PO today saying I think I have a package to pick up. They won't let me pick up without the card..... well they say they just got the pacakge at the PO today...

WTF it takes only one day for it to go from BC to Calgary but 4 days for it to make it to my PO and for the lazy bitch who does the mail on our street (private contractor) to put the card in my box? It better be there tomorrow.

The other thing that pisses me off is they leave you the original notice you have a package then like two days later you get your final notice card in the mail to pick up or else.

Can you maybe email the company you bought from and have them reship it ASAP when they get it back? Maybe they can require a signature so then the delivery person can't fuck off without delivering it?

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:17 AM
i tried calling CP but they're closed, big surprise, and i sent an email to where i bought it from but nothing i can do now

what a joke, it's gonna take how many days to get back to where it was shipped from and then it won't be here until the new year

fucking garbage

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:19 AM
2008/12/15 13:03 CALGARY, AB Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender.
2008/12/15 10:37 CALGARY, AB Item out for delivery
2008/12/14 01:52 CALGARY, AB Item processed at postal facility
2008/12/12 16:39 KAMLOOPS, BC Item accepted at the Post Office

bignerd
12-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Where do you work? Is it easy to find? It only took three days from the looks of things, so if it gets back by the end of the week and you can get ahold of the seller they may be able to get it back in time! Positive thoughts!!

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:33 AM
i work DT it's VERY easy to find

that 3 days (weekend) was expedited, but CP won't send it back expedited, they'll take their sweet ass time

quincyb11
12-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by adam c
2008/12/15 13:03 CALGARY, AB Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender.

That is very strange. Usually with Canada Post, if they are unable to deliver the shipment for whatever reason they would normally drop it off a Canada Post Outlet closest to the address stated and leave a delivery notice. But even then, they normally make a 2nd or 3rd delivery attempt before they send it to the outlet.

You should have just got it delivered to your home address. Even if some random person was to get a hold of your delivery notice they would not be able to claim the shipment because Canada Post requires personal identification. At least thats what I had to do everytime I was picking up my shipments.

403ep3
12-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Just go visit Canada post? They do have a location here, right?

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:51 AM
what will visiting canada post do? they already sent the package back

i should have just told them hold for pick up like i wanted to do, but i had faith in CP for once, god knows they've screwed up my shipments in the past

403ep3
12-16-2008, 01:53 AM
They normally try three times and then leave it at their location for 3 days? Or is that just fedex and ups?

quincyb11
12-16-2008, 01:54 AM

but i had faith in CP for once

Never have faith in CP. They lick ASS!!!

UPS and Fedex are pretty good!!

So you haven't spoke to anybody at CP yet huh?

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:55 AM
dude

Originally posted by 403ep3
They normally try three times and then leave it at their location for 3 days? Or is that just fedex and ups?

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by quincyb11

Never have faith in CP. They lick ASS!!!

UPS and Fedex are pretty good!!

So you haven't spoke to anybody at CP yet huh?

i can't, they're closed, i just got that email at 10:30pm

403ep3
12-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I know I saw that..

hmm that sucks for you... Where did the package come from? Is there any chance you can get it shipped faster through fedex at an extra cost?

adam c
12-16-2008, 01:58 AM
it came from kamloops

i already paid the stupid expedite fee... i guess i can try fedex

quincyb11
12-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I know I saw that..

hmm that sucks for you... Where did the package come from? Is there any chance you can get it shipped faster through fedex at an extra cost?

At this point why would the he want to pay an extra cost. Its not his fault CP screwed up and casued him such inconvenience. If anything the seller should ship it back to him at no expense.

adam c
12-16-2008, 02:05 AM
right now i don't care, i just want the package

if fedex can actually use their brain and deliver it i'll pay whatever

bignerd
12-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by quincyb11

You should have just got it delivered to your home address. Even if some random person was to get a hold of your delivery notice they would not be able to claim the shipment because Canada Post requires personal identification. At least thats what I had to do everytime I was picking up my shipments.

Sometimes though with CanadaPost they deliver the package and leave the box on your doorstep-you never know what they will do. I don't know what their reasoning is behind deciding to leave it on your step or taking it to the post office and leaving you a notice to pick it up. The danger is they leave it on your step and some random stranger gets your Christmas package. I have had big boxes and small packages both left at our door or sent to the PO to be held for pickup even if no signature is required.

Sometimes they leave it between your storm door, on your steps etc...

Heck even UPS delivered four new rims and winter tires (mounted in boxes) to our house when no one was home and left a big note on our front door "<------------ 4 Boxes delivered on left side of house". Gee thanks....

quincyb11
12-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bignerd

Sometimes though with CanadaPost they deliver the package and leave the box on your doorstep-you never know what they will do. I don't know what their reasoning is behind deciding to leave it on your step or taking it to the post office and leaving you a notice to pick it up. The danger is they leave it on your step and some random stranger gets your Christmas package. I have had big boxes and small packages both left at our door or sent to the PO to be held for pickup even if no signature is required.

Sometimes they leave it between your storm door, on your steps etc...

Heck even UPS delivered four new rims and winter tires (mounted in boxes) to our house when no one was home and left a big note on our front door &quot;&lt;------------ 4 Boxes delivered on left side of house&quot;. Gee thanks....

Yeah you know what you're right. I now remember CP telling me that the if the driver feels it is safe to leave the package in front of your door step he will, and I was like oook??

adam c
12-16-2008, 02:22 AM
^^that's exactly what i didn't want to happen, especially in the NE and I know they would leave it there since I have come home to find packages for my roommates just sitting there

and it's not like this package is exactly cheap

Cooked Rice
12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
I work for FedEx Express Calgary and we bust our asses for customer's packages. But sometimes crap doesn't always go well. Delays due to weather, volume (especially this time of year), or the od mis-sort. On many occasions if a single package gets left behind during the sort and the plane has already departed. We'll drive it all the way to Air Canada and put it on the next flight. Or if a customer comes in or something and needs a package urgently. We'll sift and unload hundreds of packages in the loading containers to look for it.

For kamloops, it's quite a short trip. All freight from Kamloops gets first processed in Calgary. It comes in on a feeder everyday at about 7PM, we unload it and re-route it. The Calgary stuff gets put aside. And gets shipped out the very next morning.

Have them request a signature required. Or if you don't know if you'll be home. You can also request a "Hold at station" for pickup. You'll get a phone call letting you know it's ready for pick up.

Couriers make 2 attempts automatically. After the 2nd missed attempt we try contacting the receiver before the last attempt is made to schedule the last attempt.

rinny
12-16-2008, 04:07 AM
I'd say call Canada Post, but you'll probably end up speaking with their customer service that Im pretty sure is hired from the same group of winning souls that operate the Greyhound customer service. Fuck.

TACO.VIDAL
12-16-2008, 07:10 AM
My guess is the shipper focked up the address.

Part of the address could be missing. For example, the suite or unit number of your office and if theres no company name, only your name, then its gonna be sent back.

Call the place you ordered from and ask them to fax you a copy of their Canada Post receipt and you will see if there was an issue.

szw
12-16-2008, 08:07 AM
That's really strange. I used CP a lot and never had anybody home to sign for them. They usually leave at least 2 notices before I pick it up from the post office.

I've never once had anything sent back to the manufacturer...maybe it was a special delivery option taken out by the company?

also
2008/12/15 13:03 CALGARY, AB Recipient not located at address provided. Item being returned to sender. is kind of strange. Sounds like they went to your work (maybe the wrong floor...haha) and whoever they asked didn't know who you were.

Dj_Stylz
12-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I still say you try and head down to CP the main building. They put that scan on your package but maybe it's still sitting there? At our work to RTS stuff it take's a day to a week and it will sit there until the proper paperwork is ready.

adam c
12-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
My guess is the shipper focked up the address.

Part of the address could be missing. For example, the suite or unit number of your office and if theres no company name, only your name, then its gonna be sent back.

Call the place you ordered from and ask them to fax you a copy of their Canada Post receipt and you will see if there was an issue.

I emailed the sender last night, she replied this morning with exactly what I told her to put on the package for delivery and everything is a-ok

Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
I still say you try and head down to CP the main building. They put that scan on your package but maybe it's still sitting there? At our work to RTS stuff it take's a day to a week and it will sit there until the proper paperwork is ready.

i'll give that a shot, i'm assuming the main building is the one by the airport?

Originally posted by szw
That's really strange. I used CP a lot and never had anybody home to sign for them. They usually leave at least 2 notices before I pick it up from the post office.

I've never once had anything sent back to the manufacturer...maybe it was a special delivery option taken out by the company?

also is kind of strange. Sounds like they went to your work (maybe the wrong floor...haha) and whoever they asked didn't know who you were.

pretty hard to goto the wrong floor, it's the main floor of my building and everyone in the company knows who i am, it's not a very big company to start with, but being the IT Manager they are always calling me for the stupid reasons

Jlude
12-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Of course CP is a bunch of fuckin idiots. You knew this before they pulled this shit.

adam c
12-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
Of course CP is a bunch of fuckin idiots. You knew this before they pulled this shit.

:whipped:
that's how it was shipped, UPS is garbage and I heard bad things about fedex so I thought maybe CP finally got their shit together since i haven't heard anything about the in a long time

nope, i was wrong

adam c
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
an update

called there yesterday, spoke to a woman, she took down my details and would take a look and call me back. 3:06 i got antsy and called them again only to find out they were closed

called the customer service 1-866 number, they couldn't do anything for me

called the depot again today, talked to a different guy, he tells me the package would have been sent back to sender already

then i got the Transportation managers' name and number, spoke to her
she said the package 'should' still be at the warehouse and is probably just scanned wrong, again she took down my details and will call me back

keep getting the stupid run around from these people grr! when asked about not seeing the delivery person or being contacted about the package she had no comment except to say if the delivery driver can't find the address he won't bother delivering... my address isn't hard to find dammit!

em2ab
12-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I have a package from Canada Post expected to arrive on December 23......I hope nothing like this happens. It's a Christmas gift as well.

Mitsu3000gt
12-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Private carriers FTW

I have the same issues with USPS sending things to Canada, I've never received anything in less than 3 weeks.

B20EF
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Exact same thing happened to me last week. A package from Ontario, it said they tried to deliver it and got no response so sent it back to sender.

I know it's impossible they tried to deliver it at my condo, so it was actually never even shipped in the first place.

Fuckin CP:thumbsdow

adam c
12-17-2008, 12:36 PM
have they done anything? did you get your package?

B20EF
12-17-2008, 12:38 PM
My parents just went back to the post office and picked it up

copynpaste
12-17-2008, 03:32 PM
CP is the worst, I never have my stuff shipped to me through them. Half of the time they dont even bother coming to my door and just leave a note then I have to pick up. WTF is the point paying a premium price for express post or overnight ship when I have to pick it up anyways?

The lady who does my route should have been fired ages ago, she would always drop off items on my doorstep even when signature is required - I remember years ago she put my $1800 laptop on the front door step right in the sun.

lint
12-17-2008, 03:43 PM
I had a package that required signature, and I wanted them to take it back to the depot as I wasn't going to be home until 10pm that night. Carrier was lazy, signed her own name and left the big box on my front step. Could have moved it behind the big pillar, but no, right out in the open for all to see. So a box with $1K worth of lenses sat there for 8 hrs (from 2 pm until 10 pm when I got home). Filed a complaint with CanPost about it. I was calling in to check the status and was told it was closed. So they closed the complaint without even informing the customer! "Oh yeah, that happens sometimes" WTF

Mitsu3000gt
12-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by lint
I had a package that required signature, and I wanted them to take it back to the depot as I wasn't going to be home until 10pm that night. Carrier was lazy, signed her own name and left the big box on my front step. Could have moved it behind the big pillar, but no, right out in the open for all to see. So a box with $1K worth of lenses sat there for 8 hrs (from 2 pm until 10 pm when I got home). Filed a complaint with CanPost about it. I was calling in to check the status and was told it was closed. So they closed the complaint without even informing the customer! &quot;Oh yeah, that happens sometimes&quot; WTF

Same thing happened to me, except with a $5,500 item. Right in the middle of my front step, brand name of the item clealy visible to anyone who walked by. Needless to say I was not pleased.

Grogador
12-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
The lady who does my route should have been fired ages ago, she would always drop off items on my doorstep even when signature is required - I remember years ago she put my $1800 laptop on the front door step right in the sun.

I would've kept it, then filed a mail insurance claim, since they won't have a recipient signature on file (or at least not YOUR signature). She gets enough of those, they'll start asking questions.

badatusrnames
12-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by lint
Carrier was lazy, signed her own name and left the big box on my front step.

Wow, I can't believe that's considered acceptable behavior by CP.

Originally posted by Grogador

I would've kept it, then filed a mail insurance claim, since they won't have a recipient signature on file (or at least not YOUR signature). She gets enough of those, they'll start asking questions.

:thumbsup: :werd: Fight fire with fire.

sneek
12-17-2008, 05:15 PM
I ship/recieve stuff a lot, and I think that you will find that UPS and Fedex are slightly better than Canada Post and CanPar. DHL is kind of in the middle for me as I don't get many things from them.

What annoys me about UPS is that a lot of the time they leave large/expensive boxes outside even if there is fragile, expensive or temperature sensitive things inside. The nice thing is that they are always the fastest for me.

Fedex has okay in town service, they actually get you to sign for you packages. However they are slower than UPS around town, and especially overseas. They are also kind of expensive to ship with.

Canada Post: For the most part they are medium paced. Probably slower than Fedex on average, but acceptable. Just like the OP you sometimes catch them being lazy. I was waiting for a package to be delivered and they never rang the door bell or anything they just left the sticker. I literally watched the guy run up to my door and throw that notification on my screen door. Conveniently my closest Canada Post office is only 2 minutes away. They usually give me the lowest or close to the lowest rates for shipping.

CanPar, probably my least favorite way to ship. They are almost always slow and late. I could ship something to Europe before they got something across Canada. Never shipped intown with CanPar, but I couldn't imagine them being fast...at anything!

bignerd
12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
My notice to go to the PO and pick up my package was in our mail box last night, 7 days after the computer says it arrived!

So I pick it up and written on the box it says "Sat in box for a week" Sat in what box for a week? My super box?? The mail bitch never left me a key to open the Box A or B (the big ones at the bottom of the super boxes) sooo..........

Usually they leave that key on the tag with the chain and you get your package then put the key back in the mail slot.

Whatever, just glad I have it. Only problem is I am expecting another package.... it was mailed USPS so we know it will only get delayed on the Canadian side.

bignerd
12-17-2008, 07:00 PM
DHL was good at my last work, they also have you sign for everything. They actually bring it inside too...