PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience with Canknuckles MMA Gym?

Graham_A_M
12-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, thanks for reading this BTW:)

I'd like to get into the MMA scene. Eventually get into matches and so forth, as I could use a good hobby, and stay in great shape this way. However I need to start at a gym that teaches MMA principles and technique. I know Fighters nation is based out of the 36th street NE Golds Gym location (I'm in the DEEP south east however), there is also Mike Myles and so on, but I've heard a few good things about Canknuckles, as apparently its the best gym in Calgary for this. :dunno:
Again I dont know for certain, and hense this thread, I'd value your opinion on this.

So basically, what are the best gyms in terms of techinique, sparring, classmates, level (or should I say quality) of instruction, costs invovled (and whatever else)?
Their rates seem excellent, for what kind of one on one instruction packages they offer. I personally hate class instruction, so 1 on 1 seems to be the way for me.
What do you guys think?
thanks for any help or tips you guys can shed, much appreciated.

sk8r3124
12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I have no personal experience of the gym itself. But my office is next door to it. And over the past 2 years, I can never tell when it is open. It has a sign posting the hours of operation, but half the time the lights aren't even on, I would personally call and get information first.