PDA

View Full Version : Car stuck... who can help?

kerry
12-17-2008, 04:40 PM
As per title, my car is stuck. In the driveway/half on the road. I tried digging it out a bit, but I blew my knee out last night and can't really push or do a whole hell of a lot.

I had two super nice dudes try and push me out but we got nowhere. We tried to pull it out with a rope, but the rope broke (it was only a thin rope, looked as if it was for rock climbing). My car is stuck halfway on the road and half on the driveway. Yes... quite the shit show indeed. Hahahaha.

AMA quoted me a 24hr wait, City Wide said it wasn't an emergency so they can't do a thing for me. Cash is available to anyone that knows a tow truck driver that can postpone his/her next stop to come by. I'm willing to pay the regular rate, plus a generous tip for the driver.

Anyways, if you know someone that works for AMA or any tow company and they can make a detour on to their next stop, give them my number. 4039939250.

Cheers... and hopefully your days are going better than mine lol.

project240
12-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Location??

Yesterday a lady was trying to back out of her driveway. Same thing, she got stuck on her way out as we were approaching. I stopped and was able to push her back into her driveway...

She then proceeded to tell me she was going to shovel her driveway before leaving again :rofl:

kerry
NW, Arbour Lake.

Oldskool
Where are you located?

If two guys trying to push got you no where, you need someone to come over with a shovel to chip away packed snow and ice around your tires

If the ice around your tires isn't bad, maybe go out there with some salt?

spikerS
12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
if you are in the NW, when i get off work, i will bring my truck and tow chain and pull you out.

kerry
12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah I can't really chip around the tires. My knee is FUCKED lol. And we don't have any salt here so I can't even do that. Pretty sad I know haha.

Thanks for the posts though.

kerry
12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by spikers
if you are in the NW, when i get off work, i will bring my truck and tow chain and pull you out.

I'll keep you posted, if I'm not out by that time then I may take you up on that offer.

Thanks again beyond.

spikerS
12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by kerry

I'll keep you posted, if I'm not out by that time then I may take you up on that offer.

Thanks again beyond.

well, you got lots of time to find an alternate way. I probably wont be in the crowfoot area till 10. i work till 9:30 in the NE.

but yeah, keep me informed.

gretz
12-17-2008, 04:49 PM
-grab some wood and wedge it under your tires
-dig out the front and backs of the tires (if you can get down into your car to start it, thats more effort on your knee than shovelling)
-go from 1st to reverse (rocking it)
-you can get out unless the driveway and road come to an abrubt V (unlikely)

project240
12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
pm`d

zain123
12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
hey call me @ 8709246 i am in royal oak

Dj_Stylz
12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Werd if your not out by 7 or so ill come help you out. Let me know.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I live in arbour lake... I may be able to stop off after work (off @ 5..) but I don't have a truck, OR tow lines. so I don't think I could really do much. :(

LadyLuck
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Kerry,

I got stuck in front of my driveway last week and the car wouldnt budge.

I took out my big rubber floor mats and lodged them in front of my wheels, thats how i got out.

hope your knee feels better!

HyperZell
12-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't have much in the way of equipment (okay, so nothing at all) so my only contribution is telling you to go watch the Polar Special of Top Gear. Try the deflating tires or lighter fluid and tires trick!

kerry
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the PM's and what not. I have a guy that might be coming with a tow truck and winch. He's coming from Country Hills so hopefully he'll be here soon.

If I don't get out then I'll write you back, but thanks to everyone who has offered to help!!

LadyLuck, you know you could always console me with a nice cup of hot chocolate and... well... you ;) (had to get my emack on)

HiTempguy1
12-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I live in arbour lake... I may be able to stop off after work (off @ 5..) but I don't have a truck, OR tow lines. so I don't think I could really do much. :(

You have an awd STi in your sig... I see those pull cars out of a LOT worse situations then being stuck on their driveway ;)

benyl
12-17-2008, 05:23 PM
When I had the STi, I would pull people out all the time. There is a nice tow hook in the back.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I am more than willing to, if he has tow lines, cause... I don't =(

Eken9
12-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by gretz
-grab some wood and wedge it under your tires
-dig out the front and backs of the tires (if you can get down into your car to start it, thats more effort on your knee than shovelling)
-go from 1st to reverse (rocking it)
-you can get out unless the driveway and road come to an abrubt V (unlikely)

That's exactly what I did when I got stuck. Thank god I had extra wood in my garage for situations like this.

kerry
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I got out!!!!!

I'll post later more but thanks for everything beyond!!!!

barmanjay
12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Thats good

I was willing to bring my jeep over and push you or pull you out

have winch, cables and rope if needed,.. but you are ok :D

I saw lots of people off the roads,.. but couldn't help,.. was on tight time sched and had my baby with me

Side note: If anyone else gets stuck,.. call me,.. If the wifey lets me out I can help

889-4747
Jay

5000Audi
12-17-2008, 07:48 PM
anyone in the NE ever need a hand lmk.. i got my Audi with lockers hehe.. so its a good unit... never been stuck yet this winter.. and ive drove in some crazy roads....