PDA

View Full Version : Tito Ortiz vs Randy Couture

89coupe
09-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Did anyone get to watch the fight. Randy kicked Tito's ASS! I was so happy to hear this. Tito was such a punk, no respect for anyone.

Here is a replay...

By Mr. Blue of Ironlife.com

The epic and much hyped title fight between UFC LHW champions finally begins! BJM tells them to begin with his trademarked phrase and the fight is on! Both fighters take the center of the ring, tito moves in and clinches and drives randy against the fence immediately. Tito pushing randy against the fence thirty seconds into the fight. Tito drops down and tries hard for the takedown. Tito grabs a leg and randy is defending off of one leg. Tito drops to his knees and couture continues to defend.
One minute into the fight and tito still on his knees fighting for a takedown and couture defending. Couture lands a knee to tito’s midsection and tito throws one in return. Randy pushes tito against the fence with three minutes left in the first round.

Both fighters still in the clinch with randy holding tito against the fence. Randy locks his hands together with the double underhooks. Tito lands a knee to randy’s midsectiono and randy lands a knee to tito’s leg. Randy slams tito to the ground and tito gives up his back! Randy has his hooks in and is going for a rear naked! Tito manages to defend and escapes. Tito reverses positioon and goes for a takedown, but randy defends and stands back up.

1:40 left in the first round with tito pushing randy against the fence. Randy lands a big right hand that forces tito to back away. Tito throws punches that miss and rushes in and clinches with randy near the fence again.

One minute left in the first round and Randy slams tito down to the mat with a huge throw. Randy has tito in side mount with 50 seconds left in the first round! Couture lands a punch to tito from sidemount. Couture working and lands a big knee to tito’s ribs. Tito attempts a reversal and puts couture in his half guard. Couture continues to hold tito down as time expires.

Round Two
The second round begins with couture taking the center of the ring. Tito throws a high kick that randy blocks. Randy shoots in and clinches with tito and drives him to the fence. Randy slams tito to the mat and is clearly overpowering him! Randy in tito’s guard and throwing punches! 4:20 left in the second round with couture throwing big elbows as he has tito pinned against the fence. Randy continues to punish Ortiz with under 4 minutes left in the second round.

Ortiz attempts to escape, but randy defends and keeps tito pinned against the fence. Randy driving his elbow into ortiz’s face. Randy lands another elbow to tito’s face. Three minutes left in the second round and randy continues to drive his forearms into tito’s throat and face. Tito looks shocked and frustrated as randy is on top and punishing him with elbows and punches. Tito covers up to defend against the punches and elbows.

Tito not attempting any submissions or sweeps from the guard, he is just defending. Randy passes to half guard and continues to land short elbows to ortiz’s face. Under two minutes left in the round and randy continues to pin tito against the fence from half guard. Tito attempts a choke from the bottom but randy easily defends. Randy grabs titos arm and pounds him with the other. Randy almost passes but tito defends and has couture in half guard again.

Under one minute left as couture holds Ortiz against the fence. Tito pushes his feet of the fence and moves around for a possible submission attempt. Randy begins landing more punches and elbows to tito’s face as time expires. Tito makes a comment to randy after the round expires!

Round Three
Randy moves forward as tito jabs and couture counters standing. Couture lowers his head and clinches with tito and pushes him against the fence. Couture grabs tito’s leg and takes him down yet again near the fence! 4 minutes left in the third round with couture holding tito down against the fence.

Tito turtles up and randy lands several hammerfists to the back of ortiz’s head. Couture has tito in the crucifix with 3:40 left in the third round! Tito rolls over and moves in for the takedown on his knees while couture defends. Three minutes left and tito gets a takedown. Randy starts to stand up and tito grabs randy’s head. Couture reverses tito and slams him into the fence after grabbing tito’s arm!

2:30 left in the third with couture driving his elbow into ortiz’s face and holding him against the fence. Couture pounding tito with under two minutes left up against the fence. Couture lands a nice elbow to tito’s face with under 1:30 left in the round. Couture lands another elbow with 1:10 left in the round. Couture lands another short elbow and now randy begins to land punches, randy lands four in a row! Tito attempts to punch back from the bottom.

Couture now has passed to half guard with 30 seconds left in the round. Couture passes to full mount momentarily but tito defends and almost sweeps him. Couture now has tito in side mount and lands several punches as time expires.
Round Four
Randy lands a huge right hand and immediately slams tito down against the fence! Tito attempts a guillotine but couture defending. Tito stands up with the guillotine but couture slams tito back down to the mat! Tito almost sweeps him, but couture defends well and is within ortiz’s guard. 4 minutes left in the round with couture on top of Ortiz against the fence.

The crowd has now changed and is chanting “randy, randy.” 3:40 left in the fourth with couture driving tito against the fence. 3 minutes left with Ortiz turtling up and giving his back. Randy knees tito to the body! Randy puts one hook in and has tito’s back, looking for a rear naked! Randy gets full mount and is pounding Ortiz with punches! Ortiz covering up and not responding, while randy punishes Ortiz with punches!

Two minutes left and Ortiz not doing anything other than covering up and taking punches to the face. Couture still holding mount against the fence. Tito pushes off the fence and escapes the mount, but randy forces tito against the fence again with 1:30 left in the fourth!

Couture pushes titos head down against the fence and lands four or five big elbows in a row! Tito doing nothing other than taking elbows and punches to the face as randy holds him against the fence with under 40 seconds left.

Randy lands two more punches with 30 seconds left. Randy lands some more elbows as he holds tito against the fence as time expires!

Randy has an insurmountable points lead. Ortiz's corner just told him that he needs to submit Couture.
Randy has just taken the fifth round. Ortiz tried for a submission late but failed, Couture dominated with yet another takedown plus ground and pound. Ortiz threw his mouthpiece in frustration after the final bell rung.

Randy will win a unanimous judges decision.

Randy wins a unanimous decision with scores of 50-44, 50-44 and 50-45. Utter domination.

Tito is crying. Seriously.

Randy is total class, showing Tito total respect and completely gracious in victory. This man is something else.

Captain America indeed.

mwmhong
09-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Did anyone get to watch the fight. Randy kicked Tito's ASS! I was so happy to hear this. Tito was such a punk, no respect for anyone.

Did you get to see it? I got the event taped off PPV.

Tito got humiliated so badly, but he deserved it.

He talked alot of crap about Randy, had all this publicity and support of the celebrities, but didn't back it up in the fight. Randy even spanked him on the butt near the end of the fight. :rofl:

I did cheer for Tito when he fought Shamrock though because I hate Ken Shamrock more than Tito. :D

Loose
09-29-2003, 01:38 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/roadrebel/roadrbl.gif

Go Randy

Talies R
09-29-2003, 02:04 PM
Will Randy Couture move to Pride now??

B17a
09-29-2003, 02:08 PM
I haven't followed UFC in years. It seems so much 'softer' now then in the old days with no gloves and just all out brawling. I remember Tank Abbott just punching the shit out of guys. For you guys who follow it now, do you like it as much as the old days?

Loose
09-29-2003, 02:15 PM
It's better now, the fighters are more talented and well rounded.

Not so much a freak show, but more of a real sporting event.

Check Pride though for the best fighters, and productions.

Talies R
09-29-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm waiting for Bob Sapp vs. Mike Tyson!!!!

pinoyhero
09-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

Nice, wouldn't mind seeing Mike in the UFC ring.

lammer
09-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

haha i think mike tyson can win.

Blue Devil 2
09-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by lammer

haha i think mike tyson can win.

hahaha :rofl: yea Mike Tyson would kick his ass :rolleyes:

max_boost
09-29-2003, 06:20 PM
UFC fighters are the shit man!!
All our brutality, no holds barred!! haha
Most of us wouldn't even last a few seconds in there and we running around like dead chickens lol

max_boost
09-29-2003, 06:21 PM
What about Jet Li, remember the scene in Crade 2 the Grave? :D