PDA

View Full Version : Re: New Car Price Flexibility?

liquid1010
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm looking at getting a new car and was wondering how much you think dealers are willing to move? Obviously every dealer is different, but I'm looking primarily at a slightly used Audi A4, a Nissan Rogue, or something else decent with AWD.

Suggestions on deals or vehicles, or on how much you would expect dealers to move?
Thanks!

JAYMEZ
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
On a new car , dealers wont budge that much.. But with a used car , hell throw down 2-5k .. Depends on the age of the car though. I would go with the A4 , ive had 2 of them , sweet cars , and good on gas.

Aleks
12-19-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by liquid1010
I'm looking at getting a new car and was wondering how much you think dealers are willing to move? Obviously every dealer is different, but I'm looking primarily at a slightly used Audi A4, a Nissan Rogue, or something else decent with AWD.

Suggestions on deals or vehicles, or on how much you would expect dealers to move?
Thanks!

Depends on the model. You can get up to 15 grand off on a new BMW X5 right now. Other end of the scale civics and corollas probably a few hundred bux at best.

www.carcostcanada.com has invoice prices if you're interested.

JAYMEZ
12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Yah BMWs you can get crazy cheap right now!

A790
12-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Yah BMWs you can get crazy cheap right now!
I'm willing to bet that Merc is in the same situation. The mid-premium manufacturers are probably suffering pretty bad right now.

psycoticclown
12-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm in the same situation, looking for a nice used car, entry level luxury car in the range of $20k to $25k. How much is a reasonable drop on the price? If I see a car for $25k, is it too much to ask for a $5k price drop?

And any suggestions for cars newer than 2005 around those price ranges? Looking at A4's, CTS's, G35's, 325i's, etc.

Xtrema
12-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Used car:

Private = CBB if good, add more if special or rare.
Dealer = CBB + 5% to 10% if good, again more if rare.

New car:

Carcostcanada will show you all the profit margin and manufacturer incentives of a particular model.

And the good thing is, salesmen will see that you pulled a report and be all over you like flies on shit. Less of the initial song & dance.

max_boost
12-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Check out Subaru and their lineup of cars. I just jumped into a WRX265. It's a great car with AWD, turbo, sunroof, heated seats, OEM aero kit, 17"wheels etc. It's not bling like the Benz/BMW/Audi etc. but it drives so nice and you can't beat low cost maintenance plus proven Subaru reliability.

:thumbsup:

psycoticclown
12-20-2008, 05:54 PM
^^ Good suggestion, as long as its fast and decently luxurious inside, I'm happy.

Call me a noob... but what's CBB stand for?

redblack
12-20-2008, 06:13 PM
how much did you manage to negotiate off of the wrx265?

Aleks
12-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Check out Subaru and their lineup of cars. I just jumped into a WRX265. It's a great car with AWD, turbo, sunroof, heated seats, OEM aero kit, 17"wheels etc. It's not bling like the Benz/BMW/Audi etc. but it drives so nice and you can't beat low cost maintenance plus proven Subaru reliability.

:thumbsup:

Another WRX? Congrats!

dino_martini
12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
^^ Good suggestion, as long as its fast and decently luxurious inside, I'm happy.

Call me a noob... but what's CBB stand for?

Im going to take a stab, but I think CBB stands for Canadian Blue Book. Dont quote me on that one though.

psycoticclown
12-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Ohhh, makes sense :D

prae
12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
canadian black book

http://www.usedcarsontario.com/blackbook.php

max_boost
12-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by redblack
how much did you manage to negotiate off of the wrx265?

There wasn't much negotiation. I asked for $1500 off and the deal was done. It's a fair price. The dealer and my sales guy has to make some too.

Oh yeah, visit Bobby Clarke at Calgary Subaru for your Subaru related needs. Fantastic guy to deal with.

Originally posted by Aleks

Another WRX? Congrats!

Yep. This one is the wife's car though. She absolutely loves it. We got another white sedan hehe

Aleks
12-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

There wasn't much negotiation. I asked for $1500 off and the deal was done. It's a fair price. The dealer and my sales guy has to make some too.

Oh yeah, visit Bobby Clarke at Calgary Subaru for your Subaru related needs. Fantastic guy to deal with.

Yep. This one is the wife's car though. She absolutely loves it. We got another white sedan hehe

Sweet, put some pics up when you get a chance.

psycoticclown
12-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Alright, cool. I was looking at Canadian Black Book prices, 2 different sources, one from the above website and one from Canadiancarprices.com (which I paid 12 bucks for before I knew that you can get the Black Book prices for free :banghead: ) and both say that the wholesale price on the 06 CTS 3.6L with 48k kms is 14850 to a high of 15850 and the dealer wants 26,995, I know that the dealers themselves try to pay 5-10% less than the CBB. One of the sites say that based on the location of the car and the KMs and the condition, a "fair market price" is $21060.75. Some people also say you should be safe in offering 5-10% higher than the CBB. Just wondering if I can get the price down to 20? Or is that too much to ask. Just hoping the current economic conditions play in my favor haha.

liquid1010
12-21-2008, 01:06 AM
If anyone wants the wholesale price on a new car, I've purchased 5 dealer price reports from Car Cost Canada. So far I've only used one, and will probably only need 3.

If someone needs one, let me know.