PDA

View Full Version : can anyone in calgary fix KICKER car amplifiers

ADVOCATE
12-19-2008, 06:17 PM
i have to kicker amps that have went into protection mode for no reason at all. both amps were just hooked up to speakers at the time no subs to they are not blown. and i would like to find someone in the area that might be able to fix them or else i will be throwing them in the garbage.

sr20s14zenki
12-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Vistec, they are an electronics repair facility for warranty work for most places in calgary, i had my ppi amp's mosfets replaced there....twice in fact. They are on 27th, from mcknight i think.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
12-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I have had a amp fixed at Vistec once before and since then i have not been able to fond the place again. lol
I know of a place in the states that fixes amps and are well known for their work. http://amprepaircenter.com/

As for your problem with the amps in protect i dont think the amp is blown. I am sure there is a issue with many of the other variables in the complete system that are the cause of the protecting issues.
Possible issues could be , high or low voltage, input voltage, impedance, ground and or power connections, speaker wire shorts, defects int he speakers, remote input voltage, amp settings, amp location, these are some of the things that can be the cause of your problem.

Graham_A_M
12-19-2008, 09:06 PM
http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Calgary/A-R-A-Auto-Accessories-Of-Alberta/4228042.html?adid=00094000&what=ara+auto+accessories&where=calgary%2C+ab

^ these guys can, as with almost any car audio related (electronic) item. I've been to this guy lots with numerous amps & signal processing equipment. He does fantastic work.

Good luck:thumbsup:

97'Scort
12-20-2008, 02:08 AM
If the amps turn on but immediately go into protect mode, that usually means something outside of the amp is the problem, usually a short or low voltage like Mr Load said.

I'd trace wiring before I go sending them off for repairs.