PDA

View Full Version : Last Prowler Sold!

5.9 R/T
05-29-2002, 12:06 AM
The last and most unique Chrysler Prowler ever built -- complete with a time capsule that contains rare Prowler memorabilia including signed, original styling sketches and other unique Prowler items -- was auctioned at Christie's Auction House in Manhattan, N.Y. today for $175,000.

The DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund, the company's philanthropic arm, donated the 2002 model year Prowler to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) for purposes of the auction. The NMSS will receive all proceeds from the auction of the Prowler.

The final "Conner Avenue Edition" Prowler was built at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit on Feb. 15, 2002. In addition to being the first and only Prowler with High-Voltage Blue exterior body paint, its other unique features include:

* a Mopar(R) luggage trailer and hitch in the same High-Voltage Blue paint
* signatures of the Prowler Team on the undercarriage
* a blue "Stayfast" soft top by Hartz
* bright anodized frame
* unique body-color hood badge
* body color upper radiator crossmember assembly, detailed and signed by renowned striping artist Mr. Rudy Kutey, better known as "Dr. Ru"
* unique body color shifter and instrument panel bezels
* taupe leather seats with matrix grain inserts
* agate door trim panels with unique taupe inserts
* custom-wrapped shifter knob

*Taken from www.car-truck.com*

speedracer
05-29-2002, 12:10 AM
The PT Crusier will be next in line. I think it has one or maybe 2 more years of production.

5.9 R/T
05-29-2002, 12:13 AM
Doubt it. A PT convertible and a GT cruiser with the neons turbo 4 engine are planned for launches in the next few years. Chrysler is still having problems keeping up to demand, they wouldn't kill a money maker like the cruiser, no matter how many people think it looks like a herse.

speedracer
05-29-2002, 12:28 AM
I could be wrong I remeber getting a letter from CC about current vechicals slated for limited production.

The SRT neon is being launched this Sept (limited production). A bunch of my friends have driven the Prototype :thumbsup: .

infamous
05-29-2002, 12:55 AM
nice....the dodge that i can't wait to see is the ram srt-10...viper engine in a truck...i think it will blow the doors off of a lightning though...imo

5.9 R/T
05-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Mmmmm SRT10. I can't wait for that bad boy. 0-60 in 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in 18 seconds, 0.92g on the skid pad, viper motor, viper brakes, and 24 inch rims. I pity the fool who don't respect this truck!

To bad about the prowler tho, would have been one sweet ride if they had put the new HEMI under the hood and found a way to stop dealership gouging.

infamous
05-29-2002, 01:24 AM
yah for sure....that would have made it so sweet.....and if they would have made it a stick :D

ninspeed
05-29-2002, 09:21 AM
A guy down my street just bought a prowler in that ugle purple.. what motor is in that thing, cus its hella fast

5.9 R/T
05-29-2002, 10:20 AM
The 3.5 V6 HO from the 300M and the other large chrysler sedans. 253hp and 255ft/lbs of tq. They are fairly light too, weighing in well under 3000lbs

Ben
05-29-2002, 10:38 AM
Never liked them, look terrible IMO

redline
05-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Never liked them, look terrible IMO

werd

HRD2PLZ
05-29-2002, 11:59 AM
I think they're pretty fugly too. One of my neighbours has a yellow Prowler with the "matching" trailer :nut:

And I'm one of the few people I know that likes the PT cruisers. I'm waiting for the turbo convertible though :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
05-29-2002, 12:12 PM
I don't mind the PT cruiser. I just wouldn't buy one unless you could get them as a woody :) Then it would be just like owning a 50s surf wagon

mwmhong
05-29-2002, 12:36 PM
If I remember correctly, they're killing off the neon :(

Ben
05-29-2002, 12:45 PM
PT Cruisers can lick dong as well, also, IMO

ninspeed
05-29-2002, 02:43 PM
I think the biggest thing with the pt cruiser is that the stupid thing is just a neon... I think a comany of the magintude can spend a little more and make it diffrent.. i would really like to see a 2 door model with a large cargo area in the back (like the blue model i have at home).. still not a big fan of it though..

speedracer
05-29-2002, 03:01 PM
Same comment can be said about the Audi and VW :nut: They share the same platform.

speedracer
05-29-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
If I remember correctly, they're killing off the neon :(

That doesn't make sense. It's their only sub compact.

You may herd that the next generation will be sharing componets with the EVO.

5.9 R/T
05-30-2002, 03:57 PM
The neon is getting the axe, the next compact will be a shared platform between mitsu and chryco, currently benz/chryco/mitsu/hyundia are working as a team to develop a brand new 4 cyl to be shared between the companies. This 4cyl will also find it's home inside the neons replacement. Also chryco recently submitted a patent for the two door PT cruiser, chances are you will see the 'panel cruiser' very soon. Again with the PT cruiser, they are planning to build woody editions, they should be in dealerships early next year. Personally I like both the prowler and the PT cruiser, they are like nothing else on the road, and at least chryco has the balls to produce something like that. Platform sharing happens at every company so not liking a vehicle just because it shares it's platform with another car is ridiculous. That also goes for engines, transmissions, and almost every other part of a car. Show me a car from any of the major car manufactures that does not share at least 10 pieces with other cars in the lineup. You can't. Why? Because part sharing saves money, big money.

redline
05-30-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
The neon is getting the axe, the next compact will be a shared platform between mitsu and chryco, currently benz/chryco/mitsu/hyundia are working as a team to develop a brand new 4 cyl to be shared between the companies. This 4cyl will also find it's home inside the neons replacement. Also chryco recently submitted a patent for the two door PT cruiser, chances are you will see the 'panel cruiser' very soon. Again with the PT cruiser, they are planning to build woody editions, they should be in dealerships early next year. Personally I like both the prowler and the PT cruiser, they are like nothing else on the road, and at least chryco has the balls to produce something like that. Platform sharing happens at every company so not liking a vehicle just because it shares it's platform with another car is ridiculous. That also goes for engines, transmissions, and almost every other part of a car. Show me a car from any of the major car manufactures that does not share at least 10 pieces with other cars in the lineup. You can't. Why? Because part sharing saves money, big money.

its true, its true

T5_X
05-31-2002, 05:10 PM
the 2 door drop top pt cruiser is gonna be one sweet ride :cool: :hitit: