PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai Gallery Calgary Reaction to Car Cost Canada

Pages : [1] 2

italianunit
12-21-2008, 10:50 AM
So I set up a CCC account, and got my price on a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe. I went into the Hyundai Gallery in Calgary and I do the test drive, etc etc. The sales manager comes, introduces himself to us, tells us there are going to be more incentives comming monday from Hyundai.

My fiance and I decide on the color. I then tell the salesman upfront no BS that I have a Car Cost Canada report, and he was good about it, said that he hasnt dealt with it often, and calls his sales manager over.

Well this guy started bashing the hell out of CCC saying they are never accurate, they dont know what their talking about, gave me some story about a guy not buying from him because the report was out and he only had 900.00 of mark up.

So 2 things...

Is this guy talking out of his A$$???

2- Should I even have brought it up? I got a email from Calgary Hyundai about 20 mins after I left the Hyundai Gallery- saying they saw my name come up on a search for a Hyundai Santa Fe. And they would like my business. Are they going to tell me the same thing???

I used to sell cars (6 years ago) and I sold Honda's- Now I know there was at least 2000.00 mark up on the cars, and the dealers get back end rebates to make it worth while to sell their cars... I mean common- you can't tell me they only make a lot of money off of service...

What would you all do???

Canucks3322
12-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

italianunit
12-21-2008, 11:05 AM
dude- don't troll the thread unless you have something important to add to it... why did you buy a Mazda???

I am buying the Hyundai Santa Fe, because it is a good vehicle, bang for my buck, and because I dont like Mazda, Kia and want something a little bigger than a RAV 4 or a CRV.

yue
12-21-2008, 11:13 AM
1) the manager is doing his job, that is, trying to maximize the commission for the salesman. doesn't have to be a dick about it but that's what good managers do.

2) how you do your shopping is your own business but if it were me i would waited until a re pore was built with the salesman before pressuring him.

if you previously worked in the industry shouldn't you know the ins and outs of being both consumer and salesman?

VWEvo
12-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Car Cost Canada is definately accurate. I would recommend you go to Calgary Hyundai because they usually have a deal where they will sell you the vehicle for $500-1000 above invoice.

I know years ago, when i was with my friend buying his Honda Pilot, we ran the CCC report. Right away we got an e-mail saying that Honda West will sell him the vehicle for $500 above invoice. He lived near Crowfoot Honda, so we went there, they said BS. We then went to Honda West where they did sell him the Pilot for $500 over invoice. CCC is accurate, don't let the manager dick you around. He needs your business more then you need to buy that vehicle from him. Don't ever forget that.

italianunit
12-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by yue
1) the manager is doing his job, that is, trying to maximize the commission for the salesman. doesn't have to be a dick about it but that's what good managers do.

2) how you do your shopping is your own business but if it were me i would waited until a re pore was built with the salesman before pressuring him.

if you previously worked in the industry shouldn't you know the ins and outs of being both consumer and salesman?

Why should it be a secret... they sit there and try to get you pay as much as possible... tell them straight up you know their cost and where you got it from, and let them know you dont want any BS...

We have two different ways of negotiating... I think throw this at them... put the ball in their court... and see what they do with it...

besides another dealer emailed me because CCC sends them an email... See below:

Good morning Rocky,

My name is Lucas Murphy, and I’m the assistant manager over at Calgary Hyundai. My job here is to make sure you have a very easy, warm, and knowledgeable experience. When you come to the dealership, or deal with me over the internet, expect 100% from me. To run down why I have contacted you so quickly, it is because I noticed you pulled some quotes off Car Cost Canada. I wanted to let you know I’d be happy to be the individual to assist you, and provide you with all options in making the right choice with your purchase. Please call me if you have any questions, or if you know a time and date you can stop by, I’ll be here for you. Have a fantastic day Rocky.

Lucas Murphy

Assistant Manager / Sales Consultant

Calgary Hyundai

1920 23rd st NE

Calgary, Alberta T2E-8N3

ph: (403) 250-9990

fax: (403) 250-9430

Redlyne_mr2
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
You should re-title your thread

cisco88
12-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Thumbs up for the Santa Fe. My buddy bought one and is very happy with the vehicle. He isn't happy with the service here in Edmonton but that's another thread.

I used CCC to buy my BMW, and they didn't care less. It is still about salesmanship and negotiating, and if the stealership doesn't want to deal with you take you business elsewhere. I'd also write to Hyundai Canada and the principle of the stealership.

italianunit
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Happy now :drama:

cisco88
12-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm slow writing my replys.

Go see Lucas at the other dealership. He wants your business, so I'd give it to him.

If Hyundai Gallery calls you back asking you to come back I'd throw it back in their faces saying you bought elsewhere and was very happy with the price.

italianunit
12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Thats what I am going to do. I dont think I did anything wrong. And if trying to get the best deal and being up front is my fault and a bad thing... then I guess we're all screwed.

ZorroAMG
12-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I understand you wanting the lowest price possible but I am sure if the manager sold you the car at the price you wanted, he was going to hear from HIS superior.

Companies all tend to have the same goal. Profit. I actually can't believe you wrote this thread and were surprised by the reaction you received.

EK 2.0
12-21-2008, 12:51 PM

done and done my friend...;)

Aleks
12-21-2008, 12:58 PM
CCC is accurate and you should be able to get cost +500 - 1000 easily. Unless you're buying a domestic where it's possible to get a car below cost.

italianunit
12-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I understand you wanting the lowest price possible but I am sure if the manager sold you the car at the price you wanted, he was going to hear from HIS superior.

Companies all tend to have the same goal. Profit. I actually can't believe you wrote this thread and were surprised by the reaction you received.

Seriously dude... are you on crack?????

If you happened to look at other forums than here you would know that what I did was not unreasonable.

Remember, the auto industry now more than ever needs my money... it may not be a 100k porsche but every little bit helps.

Even if the industry wasn't hurt by the Economic down turn, I still aproached this deal the same way I did last year with Calgary Honda, and I bought my honda for 575.00 more than invoice, using the same Car Cost Canada...

Dec 8th 2007 was when I bought my 2008 Civic LX using Car cost canada's invoicing.

I didnt pay for the police tracking thing, block heater, wheel nuts, and I paid 575.00 above invoice.

Thats why I am a little perplexed, as they are all part of the same ownership group.

So I dont know where you think you're comments hold water, as I already know that dealers will sell for a good deal. I take it your a car salesman.

Monday I am going to Calgary Hyundai, where the Asst. Manager knows the report I have. He is willing to deal with me on this. I will see what he has to say. If they want the business, then they will talk.

italianunit
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Oh and we never talked price... I merely told him I had the report and the manager freaked!

max_boost
12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
The manager should have taken you seriously and offered you a no bs deal to close things. Sounds like he was just power tripping lol

BTW, CCC doesn't always work. Trying taking it to Benz on one of their $80K cars. They'll tell you if you don't want to pay MSRP, you won't get the car lol

ZorroAMG
12-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Am I on crack? Whoa defensive, buddy. You came in and openly told them about the report that they know will force them to lower prices. You expect him to be happy?

If that's how you reacted to my internet post that didn't attack you in any way, I'm willing to bet you are just as charming in person.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS :facepalm: @ me being a car salesman....I just know business....aren't car dealers businesses?

italianunit
12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The manager should have taken you seriously and offered you a no bs deal to close things. Sounds like he was just power tripping lol

BTW, CCC doesn't always work. Trying taking it to Benz on one of their $80K cars. They'll tell you if you don't want to pay MSRP, you won't get the car lol

lol... Usually those who are buying a Benz can afford to pay a little more than me ;)

SOAB
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
i can't believe some of the rants here. stealerships? you call them that because they want to make a profit? when did profit become a dirty word?

do you go to a clothing store and say "i know you paid $50 for those jeans that are listed at $300 so i'll only pay you $60. don't get mad at me because i'm the buyer..."

businesses have people they need to pay, rent, bills just like you and me.

Redlyne_mr2
12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
i can't believe some of the rants here. stealerships? you call them that because they want to make a profit? when did profit become a dirty word?

do you go to a clothing store and say "i know you paid $50 for those jeans that are listed at $300 so i'll only pay you $60. don't get mad at me because i'm the buyer..."

businesses have people they need to pay, rent, bills just like you and me. :werd:

We have people who come in wanting to deal and they come in pissed off and basically insult us right off the bat in an effort get a better deal. If they don't get a deal they end up buying the car anyways and then they're upset through the entire process. It's not as if were forcing them to buy the car, I've caught people in lies because they were trying to get a better price by bluffing. I can appreciate the fact that everyone wants a good deal but the dishonesty in a deal is never on our part, I'm speaking for Lexus of course.

TomcoPDR
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by italianunit

If they want the business, then they will talk.

And if they can't do the price YOU dictate why don't you move on to another dealer? :dunno:

Or just build your own, parts are relatively cheap seeing the auto industry is going downhill right? Picking up paint booths, assembly equipment and sheet metal stamps should be pretty cheap. Tons of laid off auto workers willing to build your car for you.

Save a lot of money that way doing it yourself.

Toms-SC
12-21-2008, 03:51 PM
We went through this with a Hyundai last year. We got the SO a 08 Elentra. We found a Hyundai dealership in Calgary (I forget the name) that would without a question give you +$500 over invoice. I would suggest talking to the 'fleet manager' or something along those lines because they tend to give the best deals. I think it was mentioned right on CCC?

If all of them are jerking you around just give the finger and go down over the border. Deals are still to be had there if you shop around. The reason why we get boned up here is because people continue to buy the shit at whatever dealer asks. The nice part about this economy downturn is it will force dealers to be competitive for business. Or they can just go out of business. :zzz:

Toms-SC
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
One other thing. Of course the dealer is going to come out swinging at you. Knowledge is power and a informed consumer can be very dangerous. What do you think would happen if CCC started advertising on media channels and the public started to catch on?

Just take a look at what happened when the dollar was on par with the US. The Canadian dealerships recoiled and went of the defense launching bogus deals on 'Special Canadian Pricing' or 'Special Canadian Equipment'. Sure it took some of them time to lower their pricing but some have maintained their shit rates. Volvo & Audi still have a 30-40% price difference.

bignerd
12-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
One other thing. Of course the dealer is going to come out swinging at you. Knowledge is power and a informed consumer can be very dangerous. What do you think would happen if CCC started advertising on media channels and the public started to catch on?

I agree, I pulled the same report as you for my Honda and went and sat in the dealership with my folder and talked numbers with the salesman. He ran some numbers and gave me a price, I pulled out my calculator to see what the markup was....
He knew I was serious and there was no BS.

I do agree the other manager should of made you an offer or started some sort of deal, now the other dealership has emailed you and got their foot in the door. They should all be so eager for your buisiness right now...

italianunit
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

And if they can't do the price YOU dictate why don't you move on to another dealer? :dunno:

Or just build your own, parts are relatively cheap seeing the auto industry is going downhill right? Picking up paint booths, assembly equipment and sheet metal stamps should be pretty cheap. Tons of laid off auto workers willing to build your car for you.

Listen jack ass-

I didnt give him a price- we never even talked money. If you actually read what I wrote rather than trolling, you would have read that...

you two must work together.

Fact is- he got pissed because I said I have a CCC membership- completely put it down, said he couldnt believe I wasted my money on that... then went on to say their never accurate.

Fact is, I still talk to my old sales manager back home at the Honda Dealership- he said my CCC report on a 08 CRV EX-L was almost dead on- off by 50.00 (I can live with that)

I dont think wanting a vehicle for 500-650 above invoice is unreasonable considering I got my civic for 575 above invoice last december on a 2009 Civic LX-SR

italianunit
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Anyway- Moving on....

I am going to go into Calgary Hyundai tomorrow evening. Talk to the Asst. Manager that sent me an email within hrs of me pulling the CCC report. I will let you know how that goes. I am not going to mention the other dealership at all. Just print off the report, bring it with me, and see what he has to say.

I have a feeling, this one is going to go a lot smoother, as he pays for a notification anytime a CCC report is pulled on a Hyundai in Calgary.

Stay tunned... thank you to everyone who posted- even if I didnt like your answer, it made for a good discussion.

rage2
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll bet you it'll work today :).

Hyatt was unloading a brand new E63 AMG at 40k off lol. Nobody's buying cars right now hehe.

rage2
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I dont think wanting a vehicle for 500-650 above invoice is unreasonable considering I got my civic for 575 above invoice last december on a 2009 Civic LX-SR
It's not unreasonable if you do all your research online, walk in and buy. Some dealerships actually have depts that deal strictly with internet sales and will sell at very close to invoice. They make money and the customer is happy.

If you're in there spending a few nights asking a sales guy questions, going on test drives, it wouldn't be fair for you to purchase a vehicle from them asking for 500 bucks over invoice. That's like not tipping a pizza delivery guy :).

edit - ya, looks like that's exactly what you did. I'd be pissed too lol.

Canmorite
12-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Hyatt was unloading a brand new E63 AMG at 40k off lol. Nobody's buying cars right now hehe.

Wow, $40K off? That's like a 1/3 of the price of the car...

max_boost
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:rofl:

Right, because it's just that simple lol

That's ridiculars man. They must be getting huge rebates from MB Canada.

That is interesting though, wonder how much they can knock off a C63.

Redlyne_mr2
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM

:rofl:

Right, because it's just that simple lol

That's ridiculars man. They must be getting huge rebates from MB Canada.

That is interesting though, wonder how much they can knock off a C63.
Id be surprised if there are any 08 c63s out there, we dont have any 08 ISFs.

psycoticclown
12-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I saw an IS-F today... it was teh sex :hijack:

cisco88
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Easy there buddy, it's just a loose term.

I guess the "steal" part would mean a few things from my end. I was looking to ECU flash to Dinan but they charge 3k. I'm going with a piggyback which is less than 1k. I think cost to the dealer was around 1.5k. I also priced out winter tires and got quoted 4.1k. After I turned it down they ended up lowering the price. If you don't watch what you spend they will take more from you than they need to.

Service, you can't tell me some places don't try to double dip when they really don't have too. "Dealer"ships sell cars close to invoice, but it is the service department that now brings in the money. How many "dealer"ships either renovated or moved to a new location to increase there service space? Back in the day the showroom was way bigger than the service department. Now it is almost equal in size.

OP, good luck today and work out a deal you feel comfortable with. In the end it is your money and the dealer should work with you to make it an enjoyable experience. Remember, Hyundai Canada will probably survey you on your purchase.

benyl
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM

'08 or '09?

haha. I will drive a grandpa car for that price.

rage2
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing '08. It was a Hyatt ad in the Herald last week. SLK55 had 13k off I believe too, crazy.

Xtrema
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
What would you all do???

Why so serious?

In my experience, just work with the companies that is set up with CCC. They already know what you're expecting and it's less confrontational. As a bonus, if you do buy from the dealer advertised in CCC, you get your report fee back.

I'm not sure why you're so attached to Hyundai Gallery. This ain't BMW where it's more of a monopoly. There are 4 dealership in town and I'm sure one of them will help you out.

Cost + $500 in this market isn't that unreasonable for a volume brand like Hyundai.

I'm guessing '08. It was a Hyatt ad in the Herald last week. SLK55 had 13k off I believe too, crazy.

Cash only, right?

benyl
12-22-2008, 11:10 AM

http://shopping.calgaryherald.canada.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=7336904&advid=325925&type=

SL55 $40K off.
E63 $27K off.

SilverGS
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
That's the life of a salesman. Sometimes you get an easy deal sometimes you don't. The manager at gallery was trying to do his job but was still a douche about the whole thing. When is it ever a good idea to tell a potential customer that they wasted their money :dunno:

In the end it comes down to an agreement on price from both sides. If they don't want to sell for the price you are offering then they don't have to, if you don't want to buy for their lowest price then leave. No point in either side getting upset over it. If you don't like the agreed upon price to the point you are upset then you shouldn't of agreed to it in the first place regardless of how much time you may or may not of put in to the deal.

SOAB
12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by cisco88

Easy there buddy, it's just a loose term.

I guess the "steal" part would mean a few things from my end. I was looking to ECU flash to Dinan but they charge 3k. I'm going with a piggyback which is less than 1k. I think cost to the dealer was around 1.5k. I also priced out winter tires and got quoted 4.1k. After I turned it down they ended up lowering the price. If you don't watch what you spend they will take more from you than they need to.

Service, you can't tell me some places don't try to double dip when they really don't have too. "Dealer"ships sell cars close to invoice, but it is the service department that now brings in the money. How many "dealer"ships either renovated or moved to a new location to increase there service space? Back in the day the showroom was way bigger than the service department. Now it is almost equal in size.

ok so whats your point? every business is open to make money. you think a dealership isn't entitled to make money because you think they charge to much...

waaaah!! a dealership has moved to a new location and has expanded on an area of their business that is profitable! waaah!!

the customer is NOT always right, they are usually stupid and uninformed.

cisco88
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM

ok so whats your point? every business is open to make money. you think a dealership isn't entitled to make money because you think they charge to much...

waaaah!! a dealership has moved to a new location and has expanded on an area of their business that is profitable! waaah!!

True, customers need to understand and dealerships need to inform how the buying process works. Two sides to every story.

But if they did it in your tone they'd get nowhere.

:whocares:

Just trying to help the OP dude. Going to assume you work/use to work for a dealership?

doctortalon
12-22-2008, 11:52 AM
i just wish more people would learn to negotiate, if you walk in and have CCC you better not want much of your dealerships time or quality service, i mean its basically a slap in the face at import dealers, your only looking at 5-8% mark up in the first place so if you come in and ask for 95% of the profit of course you get a negative response from a dealer think its fair to make $500 on a $30000 car? thats what like 1.6% profit.

psycoticclown
12-22-2008, 01:23 PM
^^ They also get money back from the manufacturer themselves. And remember, the majority of their sales is making much more profit since the majority of buyers don't use CCC.

And @ SOAB, yes the customers can be stupid and uniformed, but as a dealership, attitude is everything. You can't go around disrespecting your customers, you have to treat them professionally, or else another South Deerfoot Suzuki incident will happen.

Xtrema
12-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by doctortalon
i just wish more people would learn to negotiate, if you walk in and have CCC you better not want much of your dealerships time or quality service, i mean its basically a slap in the face at import dealers, your only looking at 5-8% mark up in the first place so if you come in and ask for 95% of the profit of course you get a negative response from a dealer think its fair to make $500 on a $30000 car? thats what like 1.6% profit.

I disagree. I have successfully used CCC on 3 purchases now and 2 dealers were able to do cost+$500. And the 3rd one is cost+$1000 with is understandable since the wait list is over 30days.

As a retail consumer, you don't necessary need to appreciate the cost of doing business. All I care is the product @ a price that I want @ a service level that I agree upon.

There will always be people that want the absolute lowest cost and someone that want the extra mile service and willing to pay for it. Dealer must be able to serve both and flexible enough to switch.

I can understand luxury name plate keep the margin high due to low volume and lack of competition. You can't pull that off with run of the mill brands.

urban.one
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Ive used CCC for my last two new vehicle purchases (both were Hondas). I also looked at ads and did some research through online forums so I had a pretty good idea of what the vehicles were selling for at that time and what some of the better deals other people were getting.

Heres how it went with the first vehicle.

I knew the exact vehicle I wanted (options, color, etc). I went to Honda dealer that was closest to my house. I test drove the car and that confirmed to me that I wanted to buy the vehicle. I told the salesman I wanted to make a deal. I told him what I wanted and what I was going to pay. He said no way would he sell me the car I wanted for that price. I told him I wouldnt negotiate, so he could take the price I offered or leave it. No deal.

I went home and looked up other dealers in and around Calgary. I faxed or emailed the sales managers of all the Honda dealerships that I was willing to deal with. I stated the vehicle I was looking for and the price I was willing to pay (I researched all the offers the manufacturer was giving at that time and was aware of all the other fees taxes etc that would be included so I had an out the door price).

One dealer didnt respond in any form. One had some salesman call me and didnt want to talk price over the phone and wanted me to come in and hed see what he could do for me.
One sales manager called me himself and said hed do the deal at that price but the price was only good till the end of the day. I went down and bought the car later that day from him. (I was surprised to deal with the sales manager but he said everyone was busy so he was helping out). Another dealer I contacted phoned me back about two weeks after I sent him my request.

On the second car I bought, I did my research again and determined the exact vehicle I want and what I was willing to pay. I had a good experience with the dealer on my first purchase so I emailed him again with the details and he accepted.

The dealer didnt make a lot of money on my two purchases but they were quick easy sales for them that didnt waste their time or resources. And theyll make their money on service, warranty work, etc.

Xtrema
12-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
The dealer didnt make a lot of money on my two purchases but they were quick easy sales for them that didnt waste their time or resources. And theyll make their money on service, warranty work, etc.

The more dealers willing to change with the times, the better it is for consumers. This is how a car sale should be conducted.

I think a priceline.com model will definitely work for the car industry right about now.

Redlyne_mr2
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
[B]^^ They also get money back from the manufacturer themselves. [B]

Not always the case. :)

rc2002
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
If you guys reallly think that the invoice price that CCC gives you is the real invoice price that the dealership pays then guess again. It might not make mad profits, but it would not go out of business even if it sold every car on it's lot at invoice price.

A guy that works with me now used to work for Honda (R&D) and was offered any Honda vehicle at employee pricing. On a Civic, it wasn't much in savings - $1000-$2000 tops. S2000 would've cost sub $30k and NSX would've cost less than half the retail price.

Xtrema
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
^ And manufacturers are increasingly using hold back as ways to lessen the impact of site like CCC.

xviper
12-23-2008, 01:26 AM
I used to sell cars (6 years ago)
This is the part I'm a little intrigued about. If you were a car salesman once, then how come you didn't know how to deal with a car salesman? You know the "ins and outs" of the business and how you used to like to be treated when you were a car salesman. How come you didn't know how to approach this situation? :dunno:

italianunit
12-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Well will you look at that...

The salesman that emailed me after I pulled the CCC report, came through. And the best thing, he knew I had the report- pulled out his invoice from Hyundai- and it was dead on (over by 2.00 on their invoive- and he honored the ccc price)

We came to a deal of $31,678 plus Tax and Accessories for a brand Spanking New 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe W/AWD.

There is a 1500.00 rebate on right now, that can be combined with financing. but we split it in half. So I got the vehicle for Invoice MINUS 750.

I must be such an ubearable, unfair prick that nobody wanted to deal with me...

I will probably take delivery on sat.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by xviper

This is the part I'm a little intrigued about. If you were a car salesman once, then how come you didn't know how to deal with a car salesman? You know the "ins and outs" of the business and how you used to like to be treated when you were a car salesman. How come you didn't know how to approach this situation? :dunno:

Cause nobody in their right fucking mind treats a customer like that- I never once treated a customer like that, nor do I now.

I work in lighting and electrical now- we are a National wholesaler of lighting and electrical equipment- even though i know there are some special trades people out there- I would never treat them with disrespect.

It's douch bags like you that think what this dealership did was right- gives them a bad rap. Odds are you arent in sales to see what they did was wrong.

And as I posted a minnute ago- I got the car for invoice minus 750. So if I am such an idiot, and dont know how to deal with dealers- how come they're only making 750.00 off of me?

Like I said I am a fair guy. I got a good deal, and they make a few bucks.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Also for the record...

I pulled out my paper work for my 2008 Civic LX SR, I paid 475.00 above invoice last December using CCC

and this deal is 750 above invoice on this Santa Fe 3.3 GLS AWD.

So CCC does work...

I think the doubters on this thread are the ones lacking the sales ability to get what they want, or simply don't know what the hell their doing.

Happy Shopping, and Merry Christmas!

italianunit
12-23-2008, 08:23 AM

I just read this... you are a fucking idiot aren't you. I am far from stupid, and I am informed. Hense why I have this report.

When you bought your last new car, how prepared were you?? how well did you know the market, prices paid, types of incentives, margins etc...

Oh wait, judging by the lack of thought, and lack of intelligence by your post- you are probably some 18 year old society reject that works at Futureshop- who thinks the world is wrong and you're right.

Cause anyone who has bought a car, and works hard for their money not still living with mom... understands that it is not unreasonable to want a deal.

BigMass
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I find it funny how in good economic times you can get a car in the US for under invoice, yet in the worst financial situation in our history we still have to haggle for $1000 over invoice? WTF. Just go to the US. Aren’t they doing 2 for 1 now? lol

rc2002
12-23-2008, 10:35 AM
^ The exchange rate kills the deal. Not to mention Duty (6.1% at the border) if it's not made in North America. Then if you consider the lower resale of US cars, that seals the deal.

With the lower prices for 09 vehicles in Canada, it's cheaper to buy up here now.

Toms-SC
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
^ The exchange rate kills the deal. Not to mention Duty (6.1% at the border) if it's not made in North America. Then if you consider the lower resale of US cars, that seals the deal.

With the lower prices for 09 vehicles in Canada, it's cheaper to buy up here now.

Not true. It matters on what make and model you are looking at.

rc2002
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Not true. It matters on what make and model you are looking at.

Well let's take the Santa Fe that the OP was interested in.

Starts at $25995 in Canada
Starts at $21495 in US

If you ONLY take the exchange rate into account you get $21495 * 1.21582 = $26,134.05. This is neglecting any inspections, fees, duties, modifications that need to be made, and miscellaneous import costs, and even future resale.

On the VERY high end cars, you might come out on top. But if you have that kind of money you don't need to buy from the US.

The majority of the cars that people will bring over are not really worth it. You're paying ~30% on top of the US price to bring it across.

leec001
12-23-2008, 11:38 AM

Starts at $21495 in US

If you ONLY take the exchange rate into account you get $21495 * 1.21582 = $26,134.05. This is neglecting any inspections, fees, duties, modifications that need to be made, and miscellaneous import costs, and even future resale.

On the VERY high end cars, you might come out on top. But if you have that kind of money you don't need to buy from the US.

The majority of the cars that people will bring over are not really worth it. You're paying ~30% on top of the US price to bring it across.

Its very true, chief! :goflames:

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Starts at $21495 in US

:werd:

I think the biggest thing is the resale value with US cars, we won't accept any US cars in on trade and they're very difficult to sell privately unless you undercut every other single car out there.

Toms-SC
12-23-2008, 12:22 PM

I think the biggest thing is the resale value with US cars, we won't accept any US cars in on trade and they're very difficult to sell privately unless you undercut every other single car out there.

The only reason your not taking those US cars is because it will lower the value of every Canadian car on the lot. Your honestly going to tell me your going to get some customer refuse $10,000 off a IS-F because it is a US Car? :zzz:

Not to single out Lexus. Volvo and Audi are other shining examples. $10,000+ spread seems to be the norm.

But this is comparing new to new. Lets compared the used car market.

America 2004 Z06.
Roughly $22.000 US with multiple listing on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-NO-RESERVE-Extremely-clean-low-mile-Z06_W0QQitemZ300281524096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item300281524096&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Canada 2004 Z06.
Roughly $40,000 CAN with miltiple listing on AutoTrader. Similar KMs to Miles too.
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=76871&pgno=1&srt=1

Factor in your exchange rate but deals are still clearly to be had on certain makes and models.

lint
12-23-2008, 12:28 PM

I'm sooooooo quoting this the next time you make me a lowball offer on a racket....

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2008, 12:37 PM

The only reason your not taking those US cars is because it will lower the value of every Canadian car on the lot. Your honestly going to tell me your going to get some customer refuse $10,000 off a IS-F because it is a US Car? :zzz:

Not to single out Lexus. Volvo and Audi are other shining examples. $10,000+ spread seems to be the norm.

But this is comparing new to new. Lets compared the used car market.

America 2004 Z06.
Roughly $22.000 US with multiple listing on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-NO-RESERVE-Extremely-clean-low-mile-Z06_W0QQitemZ300281524096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item300281524096&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A3|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Canada 2004 Z06.
Roughly $40,000 CAN with miltiple listing on AutoTrader. Similar KMs to Miles too.
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=76871&pgno=1&srt=1

Factor in your exchange rate but deals are still clearly to be had on certain makes and models.

It's not 10K off when you factor in all the import tax and all other associated taxes along with the dollar being worth 20% less. Maybe you'll save 4k when it's all said and done and that certainly isn't worth it. No to mention you're at the back of the line for service, you don't get the pick up and drop off service nor do you get the car detailed.

We had US cars on the lot at one point, we priced our CND cars higher than the US equivalents and the CND cars still sold even though they were more. The US cars sat and sat for the longest time. To most buyers a US car is a "mystery car" even with car proofs and such people are still very very apprehensive when it comes to cars from that country. Lexus Canada will also not certify a US car meaning our certified preowned Lexus cars come with a subvented interest rate, additional warranty and a very detailed inspection.
As soon as you drive a US car up here across the border the depreciation hits it huge.

SOAB
12-23-2008, 01:39 PM

I just read this... you are a fucking idiot aren't you. I am far from stupid, and I am informed. Hense why I have this report.

When you bought your last new car, how prepared were you?? how well did you know the market, prices paid, types of incentives, margins etc...

Oh wait, judging by the lack of thought, and lack of intelligence by your post- you are probably some 18 year old society reject that works at Futureshop- who thinks the world is wrong and you're right.

Cause anyone who has bought a car, and works hard for their money not still living with mom... understands that it is not unreasonable to want a deal.

Like i said, they're USUALLY stupid. and no the world isn't wrong, just customers :rofl:

you call me a kid yet you resort to name calling? thats kinda funny. :nut:

the thing that pisses me off is people like you that think a dealership isn't entitled to make any money. sure, you're gonna spend thousands of dollars and thats great, but don't make it sound like everything that a dealership does is evil and out to fuck the customer.

hey, the dealer made $750 off you. thats great. how much of that actually goes to the dealer? not very much after paying the staff.

A790
12-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm tired of this undeserved feeling of entitlement that so many people seem to have for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

I have absolutely no idea why people haggle prices on new cars. I mean, given that it's basically an expected part of the purchasing process at this point I can certainly see why, but where else can you go to purchase something new and get angry if they don't allow you to purchase the item you want at the price you want.

Then again, the "customer is always right" mentality is the exact reason why I'm no longer in customer service. In fact, it's the reason why I don't sell a damn thing to anyone. I can't stand the fact that as soon as someone is in the buying position they expect the world from you and more.

Xtrema
12-23-2008, 01:56 PM
hey, the dealer made $750 off you. thats great. how much of that actually goes to the dealer? not very much after paying the staff.

The market dictates that if you're not willing to make $750 on this sale, someone else will.

The dealer(s) who can't beat this will have to examine why his/her establishment is unable to compete. If their business doesn't want to serve these type of customer, it's fine too.

And your fashion comparison to the car business is invalid. Cars will always worth something. Fashion doesn't. As season and style expires, clothes worth almost next to nothing. So they must add a 100% margin to cover the potential losses in the back end. That $200 pair of jeans actually cost less than $60. And there are $30 pair of jeans everywhere if you don't like the price. Car business isn't exactly like the fashion business.

o-town boy
12-23-2008, 02:01 PM
so let me get this straight,,,,, a sales manager didn't want to lose his shirt on a deal because some one comes in thinking that because you know his cost he should sell it to you for that! Come on its called business and if he knew where you worked he would not come in and ask for your Mcdonalds Meal at cost because you advertised it higher than what it costs.
Just because you think people who sell for a living should take a back seat to people who think they know everything or think lets screw this company, really your screwing the person who works hard to put food on their family's table and they do a job that a lot of people can't do. So i give credit to those out there that work on Holidays and Sundays and put up with peoples crap who really have no idea what it takes to make $100 or $200. I had been in sales and people who complain at the start, complain about every little thing after that and the commission that they get some days isn't worth that hassel. But people who are respectful about someone elses job and are thankful for the help, sure are taken care of because it is nice not to be look'd down at. Once a complainer always a complainer. Just be lucky you don't have to sell for living :banghead:

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Like i said, they're USUALLY stupid. and no the world isn't wrong, just customers :rofl:

you call me a kid yet you resort to name calling? thats kinda funny. :nut:

the thing that pisses me off is people like you that think a dealership isn't entitled to make any money. sure, you're gonna spend thousands of dollars and thats great, but don't make it sound like everything that a dealership does is evil and out to fuck the customer.

People like me eh... keep that in mind next time you go to the BST forum, and dont want to pay asking price, or go on boxing day to take advantage of the deals...

the point is- people like me keep people like you employed- I am assuming you work in some sort of sales- and fact is you can't stand it when people haggle, but yet you are the first offer a deal to try and get people in the door, or to entice them to buy your product.

it's a way of life man, deal with it.

The dealer made 750 off the car, I had no problem paying full price for the block heater they shove down your throat- when I have heated parking, or the 80.00 for the locking wheel nuts they "Include" or the 900.00 to have a remote start installed that costs them 175 for parts, 150 for labor, or the 800.00 clear 3M plastic they are installing... Oh and the best part- they are charging 169.00 for a tank of gas and floor mats- the floor mats are supposed to come with the vehicle... but in reality- they charge you that because you went onto CCC and it helps pay for the service the dealer subscribes to to get you through the door...

All in all- they made well over 1000.00

I don't have an issue with them making some money- I wanted a fair deal, and they thought so, or else the sales manager wouldnt have put his initials beside my magic number.

I NEVER SAID ANYWHERE THAT I DID NOT THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE MONEY...

Stop putting words into my mouth man...

Xtrema
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by o-town boy
Just be lucky you don't have to sell for living :banghead:

Sounds like you have a miserable time selling. Why don't you take A790's route and get out of it?

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by o-town boy
so let me get this straight,,,,, a sales manager didn't want to lose his shirt on a deal because some one comes in thinking that because you know his cost he should sell it to you for that! Come on its called business and if he knew where you worked he would not come in and ask for your Mcdonalds Meal at cost because you advertised it higher than what it costs.
Just because you think people who sell for a living should take a back seat to people who think they know everything or think lets screw this company, really your screwing the person who works hard to put food on their family's table and they do a job that a lot of people can't do. So i give credit to those out there that work on Holidays and Sundays and put up with peoples crap who really have no idea what it takes to make $100 or $200. I had been in sales and people who complain at the start, complain about every little thing after that and the commission that they get some days isn't worth that hassel. But people who are respectful about someone elses job and are thankful for the help, sure are taken care of because it is nice not to be look'd down at. Once a complainer always a complainer. Just be lucky you don't have to sell for living :banghead:

I am a commisioned sales person... you your argument holds no water.

xviper
12-23-2008, 02:06 PM
It's douch bags like you that think what this dealership did was right- gives them a bad rap. Odds are you arent in sales to see what they did was wrong.
WTF!!!??? Where did this come from? Where the hell did you get from my post that you read that I thought the dealer didn't do anything wrong. I asked a simple question that required a simple answer. I assigned no blame to anyone, not even to you. I was genuinely curious as to why a salesman would not know how to approach another salesman. You have no right to fly off the handle like that at me. Your character is clear now and in response to that ...............

FVCK YOU!

I have no doubt now that you went into the first place and acted like a total ASS just like you did here and were treated like a total ASS. I was going to side with you but now, NO FUCKING SYMPATHY. You got what you deserved.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:12 PM
By the way- if you don't like how you're paid- change jobs...

If I buy a car of you, and your dealership accepts my offer, and you don't make anything... don't bitch to me, talk to your Dealer Principal while he's sitting in a 400.00 exec leather chair behind a 1500.00 oak desk.. and lives in a $1M house, and goes to AZ 5 times a year... cause someone is making money...

I have sold Clothes, Luggage, Cars, RV's, Cell Phones, now Lighting and electrical... And I love Lighting and Electrical, because I don't have to work with a bunch of High Strung, Highly Stressed People.

Every one of your sales team makes good money at what we do in the form of Salary... the commision is money to play with. Anyone who sells and is on strictly commision...

You know what you are getting into... don't blame me.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:18 PM

WTF!!!??? Where did this come from? Where the hell did you get from my post that you read that I thought the dealer didn't do anything wrong. I asked a simple question that required a simple answer. I assigned no blame to anyone, not even to you. I was genuinely curious as to why a salesman would not know how to approach another salesman. You have no right to fly off the handle like that at me. Your character is clear now and in response to that ...............

FVCK YOU!

I have no doubt now that you went into the first place and acted like a total ASS just like you did here and were treated like a total ASS. I was going to side with you but now, NO FUCKING SYMPATHY. You got what you deserved.

Maybe I took it out of context... forums like emails are hard to get a sense of what the person is trying to say... Obviously I took it the wrong way- my apologies...

When i read your post, it hit a nerve.

I handled the dealer yesterday the same what I went into the other one. I did not mention anything about the other dealership or the experience, because quite frankly it's not their issue.

I defenately got what i deserved.

A good deal!

:closed:

Toms-SC
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't forget the $100 documentation fee!

A790
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Sounds like you have a miserable time selling. Why don't you take A790's route and get out of it?
Ding, ding! I did great in sales but I hated my life and I hated what I did for a living. The sick thing is I was self employed while I did it and I didn't even want to do it for myself!

I recognize that the sales industry will never change, so I left. I'm a great buyer- I walk in, point at what I want, and leave. If I feel the price is unreasonable I ask if they're willing to move on the price. If they will, then I offer them what I feel is fair and it generally works. If not, then I simply don't buy the item.

No wasted time, no wasted effort.

The only place I enjoy haggling is Mexico ;)

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey man thats part of my salary, I don't work for free. :) I charge $200 though.

Xtrema
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Only worth it if you need financing paper work. Otherwise, it's just a scam.

Sales is not the best profession in the world. But the select few do make tons of $$$ doing it. But I see how my sales guys get treated day in day out, they are definitely worth the commission.

But it doesn't stop customers asking for everything possible and sales have to do whatever to compete in the market place.

Toms-SC
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM

Hey man thats part of my salary, I don't work for free. :) I charge $200 though.

I'd pay you because your a fellow boy band crew member. Others I may be a little more reluctant.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:27 PM

This is the part I'm a little intrigued about. If you were a car salesman once, then how come you didn't know how to deal with a car salesman?
When i read this- it seemed like an attack... it still does... thats why I said what I said, and followed it with nobody should be treated this way

You know the "ins and outs" of the business and how you used to like to be treated when you were a car salesman.
What does this have to do with my experience??? I treated all my customers with respect... and still do to this day. weather I make 5.00 or 5000 of them, they put food on my table, and a roof over my head.
End of story. Does not matter what industry you're in.

How come you didn't know how to approach this situation? :dunno:

I did figgure out how to aproach the situation- Take my business to someone who wants it. I got the deal I was after... and I dealt with someone who treated me with respect.

You see, your comment yesterday, would have come off wrong to anyone...

I did over react- for that I apologise. You can take what you want from my apology, but it is sincere.

I read some of the other not so intelligent comments on here, and quite frankly, the sales people here are not all on the same page. I am still in commisioned sales, I enjoy it, I work damn hard for my sales, and my money, and I want it to go farther.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by A790

When it comes to anything else other than Cars or Houses... i am the same way... Ask my fiance... she's the one that will check ebay, kijiji, google, 500 flyers and send emails to get the best price...And I am the Italian One....

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2008, 02:31 PM

I'd pay you because your a fellow boy band crew member. Others I may be a little more reluctant.

hahaha... fair enough.

xviper
12-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I did over react- for that I apologise. You can take what you want from my apology, but it is sincere.
We should just leave it at that. Enough misunderstandings have happened. Since you've concluded your car buy satisfactorily, you should close this thread before more blood is spilled.
No good can come from continuing this. There's too many people on this forum who dislike car salesmen and there are too many car salesmen here who read the "hate" mail.

brandon
12-23-2008, 02:59 PM

and fb ;)

A790
12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by brandon

and fb ;)
Hahaha that's always fun too ;)

Toms-SC
12-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Hahaha that's always fun too ;)

O hai, nice AV now you staffer! :whipped:

riceeater
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM

People like me eh... keep that in mind next time you go to the BST forum, and dont want to pay asking price, or go on boxing day to take advantage of the deals...

the point is- people like me keep people like you employed- I am assuming you work in some sort of sales- and fact is you can't stand it when people haggle, but yet you are the first offer a deal to try and get people in the door, or to entice them to buy your product.

it's a way of life man, deal with it.

The dealer made 750 off the car, I had no problem paying full price for the block heater they shove down your throat- when I have heated parking, or the 80.00 for the locking wheel nuts they "Include" or the 900.00 to have a remote start installed that costs them 175 for parts, 150 for labor, or the 800.00 clear 3M plastic they are installing... Oh and the best part- they are charging 169.00 for a tank of gas and floor mats- the floor mats are supposed to come with the vehicle... but in reality- they charge you that because you went onto CCC and it helps pay for the service the dealer subscribes to to get you through the door...

All in all- they made well over 1000.00

I don't have an issue with them making some money- I wanted a fair deal, and they thought so, or else the sales manager wouldnt have put his initials beside my magic number.

I NEVER SAID ANYWHERE THAT I DID NOT THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE MONEY...

Stop putting words into my mouth man...

lol, so there you go... you could have paid him a little more, and negotiated to have all those things included... But the dealer was smarter than you! He said, ok ok, i'll give it to you for cheap, coz i'll make all that up on the other crap i'll make you pay for. Maybe another dealer would have given you the car for $1000-$1500 over what they paid, but actually included the rest.

in the quest to get the lowest price, i think you may have failed, or at best, just got an average deal.

wease420
12-23-2008, 03:17 PM
What a warm e mail. From the guy who "knows it all". Slander towards the dealership for trying to be fair and honest with you is wrong. It seems you "know it all" because you sold a Honda 6 years ago. I bet your fake manner with the manager at the dealership is humorous to him now. Why didn't you just "MAN" up at the time if he was so unprofessional. I guess you were afraid to confront the issue face to face. Instead a cowerdly e mail made you feel better. You are a perfect example of the .1% of customers that think they know it all, and are the most fake, unfair, unknowledge people. In the end the salesperson is the one who loses. Not the Manager. You stripped him from a sale because of your big headded, arrogant ways.

P.S Did you ask Santa for a Wal-Mart Product cost sheet too?

:drama: :poosie:

Wheelman1970
12-23-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread has certainly given me a good laugh. I work as a sales manager for an automotive dealership and have been in the business for 10 years.

In those 10 years I have seen A LOT of change in our business and have been one of those automotive sales professionals that have been able to adapt to change. I consider myself quite knowledgeable of my business and in the field of quality customer service.

With that said, not every day are you on top of your game. Not every day do you want to deal with the grind and trust me this business has been a grind for the last 1-1/2 years. Perhaps the sales manager you were dealing with was having an off day or perhaps it was how you came across. I am a firm believer it's not what you say but how you say it. Sometimes customers with knowledge come across as pompous and opinionated. I have seen it a thousand times. Perhaps you came across that way without knowing it. It's human nature to think we're rarely wrong and our opinions are the only ones that matter.

With that said, if you're allowed to have an opinion should that sales manager not have the same right? How many times have I negotiated with a customer and they have unrealistic expectations in what a vehicle costs and what a vehicle can be discounted? Too many. The customer gets upset as they cannot get the vehicle for what they "believe" they should get it for and blow a gasket and point fingers on how unfairly they were treated by the big, bad dealer. Shame on us for not accepting to sell a vehicle at a loss - tisk, tisk.

In this economy there are a few manufacturers that do provide a well protected (warrantied), VALUE priced vehicle. Hyundai is one those manufacturers. I don't think it is unreasonable that a dealer wants to make $1000-$1500 on a $27-33,000 vehicle - that is more than reasonable. We too work very hard and smart for our earnings, have bills to pay, have mouths to feed and so on. And I am one of many that love this business and will continue to grow and learn as this business changes.

As for the dealer group you speak of which the Hyundai Gallery is owned by, there are a lot of fine people whom work for that organization and provide exceptional customer service and should not be slandered by someone who's dealings didn't turn out the way he wanted. And I find it funny that being solicted by dealerships without previous permission does not get the office of the privacy commisioner involved in AB. I have known a few prospects that would jump at the chance.

In closing, were you wrong in feeling that you were mistreated? No. Was the sales manager wrong in giving him your opinion regarding CCC? No. The truth of the matter is that you just didn't click and that's okay. A lot of times when then service provided by the dealer is exceptional we never hear about it but when something goes wrong it's like the sky is falling. You and Hyundai Gallery will move on and it's okay to disagree. In my experience price is the easiest part. If people were a lot of times more honest with dealers, the process would go smoother. I prefer to deal with customers who have realistic expectations and will listen to how it works from our side of the purchase experience.

Weapon_R
12-23-2008, 03:24 PM
This is another classic beyond thread. A guy gets a decent deal over invoice and you guys jump on his nuts like dealerships are your best friends.

Fact is, if the first dealership couldn't match the price he got, they are overpriced and lost out on a sale. $750 profit is better than $0 profit and there is no shortage of Hyundais in this market to justify paying anymore. Who cares if a slimy salesperson didn't make a few more dollars?

Xtrema
12-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Wheelman1970
I prefer to deal with customers who have realistic expectations and will listen to how it works from our side of the purchase experience.

IE, people who are easy to please. :D

That in itself isn't a bad strategy either.

bigboom
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Wheelman1970
This thread has certainly given me a good laugh. I work as a sales manager for an automotive dealership and have been in the business for 10 years.

In my experience price is the easiest part. If people were a lot of times more honest with dealers, the process would go smoother. I prefer to deal with customers who have realistic expectations and will listen to how it works from our side of the purchase experience.

I read this as I wish the customer was as gullible as they were 10 years ago when information about costs of cars were hidden to the general public. And that you prefer customers who will bend over for the dealership.

There are plenty of people who dont want the hassle of haggling over a price and will pay full sticker, so my guess is those are the people with realisitc expectations and listen to you jsut because you tell them you cant sell the car at the price they want.

blownz
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Why do so many people this the OP was unrealistic?? I think he was totally realistic and obviously so did the other dealership that gave him a price he was happy with. $750 profit on a common 30k vehicle is more than enough for the dealership. Especially right now when sales are likely on the slow side.

IMO a dealership should be happy when someone comes in with a CCC sheet. Obviously they are serious about making a purchase and all you have to do is determine a fair markup that both people agree on. That seems like it should be easy and straight forward. :dunno:

To the OP, congrats on getting the vehicle you wanted for what you think is a fair price. Merry Christmas and screw everyone else. :thumbsup:

italianunit
12-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by wease420
What a warm e mail. From the guy who "knows it all". Slander towards the dealership for trying to be fair and honest with you is wrong. It seems you "know it all" because you sold a Honda 6 years ago. I bet your fake manner with the manager at the dealership is humorous to him now. Why didn't you just "MAN" up at the time if he was so unprofessional. I guess you were afraid to confront the issue face to face. Instead a cowerdly e mail made you feel better. You are a perfect example of the .1% of customers that think they know it all, and are the most fake, unfair, unknowledge people. In the end the salesperson is the one who loses. Not the Manager. You stripped him from a sale because of your big headded, arrogant ways.

P.S Did you ask Santa for a Wal-Mart Product cost sheet too?
:drama: :poosie:

Wow... spoken like a true car sales man... If I was still one, i would also be embarassed by your post... I am glad you not only wrote the above on the forum as well sent me a PM. At least you had the stones to write it here to.

BTW- the GM of the said Dealership called me today at 1:45 on my cell, and was only there until 2:00. I returned his call.

This thread is not slander- it's funny when people spew legal BS like they know what they're talking about.

This is a public forum. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Instead of sitting on here... go sell some Cars... You only have a week left... :eek:

As Will Smith Once Said...

Don't Hate the Player- Hate the Game

Xtrema
12-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by blownz
Why do so many people this the OP was unrealistic??

People who thinks OP was unrealistic are in sales who want to protect their margins.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 05:25 PM

People who thinks OP was unrealistic are in sales who want to protect their margins.

I am in Commissioned Sales... what are you trying to say there punk...;)

LMAO... I think it absolutely hilarious that all the people that think I am wrong... probably negotiated on their cars, houses and probably other things as well... But I am an ass because I had their invoice cost... :rofl:

Oh well...

italianunit
12-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by riceeater

lol, so there you go... you could have paid him a little more, and negotiated to have all those things included... But the dealer was smarter than you! He said, ok ok, i'll give it to you for cheap, coz i'll make all that up on the other crap i'll make you pay for. Maybe another dealer would have given you the car for $1000-$1500 over what they paid, but actually included the rest.

in the quest to get the lowest price, i think you may have failed, or at best, just got an average deal.

An average deal is fine with me...I don't think I got it at a steal... i got it at a fair price... Thats all I wanted...

So you must think you're better than I am... It's an attitude like yours that give people the perspective there is a better deal to be had... you see, If I didnt know better I would almost think you could beat the deal... but fact is, the Sales Guy and Manager at Calgary Hyundai were great to deal with, and I am happy with the deal.

I will enjoy my new Santa Fe... and I will be sure to recommend clients and co-workers there.

I think you are the one, people on this forum need to take a look at...

italianunit
12-23-2008, 05:33 PM

Oh and the same people think this is Slander...:rofl: :bullshit:

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2008, 05:38 PM
At the end of the day the dealer decided to sell the car for that price and the OP decided to purchase the car for that price. Both parties saw enough fairness in the deal to make a deal. A salesperson should never become deffensive when negotiations are done, that just shows inexperience and getting your emotions involved, it also makes the customer uncomfortable and even angry. We have people come in with the CCC documents and as mentioned it's actually nice to see sometimes because our salespeople realise that they are serious. Unfortunately we have to respectfully decline their offer when they try to purchase the vehicle at cost plus $1000.

italianunit
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
At the end of the day the dealer decided to sell the car for that price and the OP decided to purchase the car for that price. Both parties saw enough fairness in the deal to make a deal. A salesperson should never become deffensive when negotiations are done, that just shows inexperience and getting your emotions involved, it also makes the customer uncomfortable and even angry. We have people come in with the CCC documents and as mentioned it's actually nice to see sometimes because our salespeople realise that they are serious. Unfortunately we have to respectfully decline their offer when they try to purchase the vehicle at cost plus $1000.

I respect your opinion because you are respectful, and what you say holds water and is well thought out, and not said with resentment.

AND- I respect what you say, because we all know where you work because of your Sig...
these other guys don't have the stone's to admit where they are from...

wease420
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM

I respect your opinion because you are respectful, and what you say holds water and is well thought out, and not said with resentment.

AND- I respect what you say, because we all know where you work because of your Sig...
these other guys don't have the stone's to admit where they are from...

Respect? You don't know what that word means. So don't use it. :werd: O