PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Stolen

gearheadeh
12-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I just got off the phone from the cops. Some P.O.S. stole the less than 2 month old plate off the back of my car in the Dover /Erin woods districts.It had a 2 year renewal on it and cost me well over $100 dollars.:banghead:

It is NMU 789 Alberta plate, Can't tell you what to do if you see this jerk besides call the cops. Happy Hunting.NMU 789

Oldskool
12-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Have you reported this to the CPS? because if someone does see it, and decides to call the cops, if there is no record of it, the cops will do nothing

Wehbeast
12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Oldskool
Have you reported this to the CPS? because if someone does see it, and decides to call the cops, if there is no record of it, the cops will do nothing

Originally posted by gearheadeh
I just got off the phone from the cops. Some P.O.S. stole the less than 2 month old plate off the back of my car in the Dover /Erin woods districts.It had a 2 year renewal on it and cost me well over $100 dollars.:banghead:

It is NMU 789 Alberta plate, Can't tell you what to do if you see this jerk besides call the cops. Happy Hunting.NMU 789

yue
12-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Oldskool

LOL, yeah cuz if you haven't someone is going to call, report the plate and the dispatch will say, "that's nice, you can read"

sucks to hear.

gearheadeh
12-21-2008, 11:27 AM
To be fair to OLDSCHOOL I added the cops part after I read his post...he is no twit........But I do have a case number if it's needed.

rage2
12-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by gearheadeh
To be fair to OLDSCHOOL I added the cops part after I read his post...
I think you just discovered a way to make people look stupid... that's awesome haha.

dannie
12-21-2008, 12:13 PM
So what if it cost you $100? You arent going to pay that at the registry to get another one.

gearheadeh
12-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by dannie
So what if it cost you $100? You arent going to pay that at the registry to get another one.

Well I take that to mean that this will be no inconveince to me and even if the motorripistries refund the difference at a prorated usage rate,Iam sure there will be more fee's other than the $106.45 I paid on November 17th. So....since the rip off is tries are not open today,I will have to wait for and PAY for a taxi or wait out in the cold for the bus to get to a regitries tommorow. After I phone in sick and take time off work the lost wages for a days work is not going to help. Especially as this is so close to Christmas!.Then I will nodoubt have to stand in line for over an hour while I wait to pay my pound of flesh to the clerk.Then Wait for the next cab to come and take me home,Which in this weather should be another hour minimum. Plus cab fare I would say that it is NOT going to cost much!!!!!!.

All because some Jerk who either had an Impaired or is such a horrible driver that they don't have a licence took my plate. Which of course means that they are out there driving wrecklessly taking everyones live's in thier hands without insurance.
:guns:

dannie
12-21-2008, 02:30 PM
You were complaining that it cost you $100 to register the plate. I am saying it wont.

If you are going to an office monday that has an hour long wait, you are going to the wrong office.

There is a registry open today. The downtown office. Go today so you arent waiting around in traffic. They arent busy today.

Also, to save you some money, Im gonna give you a tip for the registry. Some offices will screw the client over and cancel the plate and make you pay again. This is a money grab. When you go in, take your police report number with you. Ask them to do a plate exchange. This way, your stolen plate gets cancelled (for no extra cost to you), and you get a new plate for 22 bucks instead of the $95 that you will pay today for the plate, plus another 9 to cancel the plate.

Instead of sitting there feeling shitty about it, do something about it.