PDA

View Full Version : Long shot - hit and run on Thrusday Morning

Horatio
12-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi all....this is probably about as long a shot as could be but I'm curious if someone happened to be outside the Opa in Marda Loop on Thursday morning and witnessed a hit and run? Our 'Heather Mist Metallic" 1995 Odyssey (kind of tan silver) was parked on the street and some lowlife nailed it pretty squarely on the "H" on the front grill and bent the hood and shoved the hood latch back almost into the AC condenser. Judging by the lack of damage to the front bumper, I think it must've been a jacked-up pickup or SUV to have the kind of clearance needed to hit the grill and almost nothing else.

Any help is appreciated!

Many thanks,

Greg

rumeo
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
pics of damage?

scat19
12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Your name is very CSI like :nut:

riceeater
12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
good luck on this

Eleanor
12-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, that sucks.

Hopefully CSI: Beyond.ca can help out.

Horatio
12-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I can get pics if anyone thinks this will actually help but the damage isn't really all that dramatic looking - just a bent hood and a chipped emblem.

As I said....I know it's a long shot even posting up here but I've seen the wonders of Beyond CSI in action in the past.

Thanks again!

bituerbo
12-23-2008, 05:18 PM
could give us an idea of the colour of the vehicle, start comparing the damage to the shape of what could have caused it...

pyroza
12-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I guess you could say
*puts on sunglasses*
He had a smashing good time!

wow that was terrible.

rumeo
12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
what did your insurance company say? any witnesses?

Horatio
12-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by pyroza
I guess you could say
*puts on sunglasses*
He had a smashing good time!

wow that was terrible.

hahahah!

no idea if there were witnesses or not - that's why I'm posting a "long-shot" thread here with the blind hope that somebody on Beyond happened to witness this and has any info.

thanks!

kamakurakid
12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Might be the idiot who decided to scrape the corner of my new car as it was parked on the street.....he/she took off of course. I was trying to CSI the whole incident, no luck other than a silver car.

You might have some luck in driving by the same location a few times each week. Humans are creatures of habit, catch the idiot.

I am waiting for someone to slide into me this winter, hope they pick the right corner of my car. Repairs for free.