PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

sallinger
12-21-2008, 06:33 PM
i am leaving for mexico at end of January and was wondering if it is possible to drop between 15-25 pounds by then? i am hitting the gym starting this week and will be doing alot of cardio. of course eating correctly too. salads and low fat protiens. and fibre supplement aswell. what else can i do to speed up this process, any supplements i can take that are easy to use and fairly in expensive would be helpful. thanks guys i dont want to be that guy who looks like crap on the beach.. lol. gotta look good in speedo..lol

broken_legs
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM
I posted a thread on this.

try searching for 'crash diet'

Edit:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/181332/7-14-day-crash-diet-recomendations/

sallinger
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
thanks

max_boost
12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Be careful though, it can't be good for the body to drop that much weight, that fast. :nut:

broken_legs
12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Be careful though, it can't be good for the body to drop that much weight, that fast. :nut:

i asked about this in another thread, but can't remember if anyone posted a good answer

My questions was why?

What exactly is unhealthy about losing too much weight too fast?

If you're getting all your nutrients and water and everything else your body needs, what is un healthy about it?

max_boost
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Because it's just simple math.

1lb of fat is 3500 calories.

20lbs is 70,000 calories.

5 weeks =35 days

So he would have to run a calorie deficit of 2000 calories a day to lose 20lbs in 5 weeks. Yeah I guess if you can maintain all your nutrients, eat really healthy and do a crazy amount of cardio, I guess you'll be fine. Now I know nothing about crash diets etc. and how they work but give that a shot I guess? Leah did lose something crazy like 7lbs in 2 days but I think it was also driving her crazy. :nut:

The whole point is, I think it should done the natural healthy way and not accelerated with those cleanse or crash diets but again, I said I know nothing about them but just seems like a bad idea.

My $0.02

JAYMEZ
12-21-2008, 10:17 PM
^^ Yah but your body adapts pretty quick.. They only way I could see someone loseing this much weight would be using DNP. But it wont look good , his skin will look flabby and wont have time to tighten up..

How about instead of loseing weight , you gain muscle and the muscle will eat away at your fat and you wont feel like death. People who jump into this type of diet really dont know anything. Why dont you think about body fat percent and not actual weight.

And how can he tell if he isnt just loseing his water weight (You can gain that back in days!)

my 2 cents.

kutt3r
12-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs

i asked about this in another thread, but can't remember if anyone posted a good answer

My questions was why?

What exactly is unhealthy about losing too much weight too fast?

If you're getting all your nutrients and water and everything else your body needs, what is un healthy about it?

The simple answer is it is easy to drop weight fast, it is hard to drop fat fast.
Fast weight loss = water loss, unhealthy, muscle loss, counter productive as it will slow metabolism to a crawl.

From everything I have ever read you cannot expect to take in enough calories to maintain LBM and lose fat at a rate faster than 1.5-2lbs of fat/week. This is a pefect diet with a perfect routine and very good genetics (this is assuming that you are not obese and going from a 8000cal diet to a 3000cal diet, which I am sure would push those numbers much higher). Any more than that is water/muscle loss, which is simple to drop if you want to, look at wrestlers/boxers/MMA... look how bad these guys perform if they are forced to drop too much weight to fast... their performance is horrible....that is the closest I can get for how unhealthy it is other than the obvious dehydration and the side effects of that.

Not to mention whay Jaymez said about the skin.. lossing to fast as in the folks that get their stomachs shrunk is just gross..big flaps of skin hanging, having to get plastic surgery... how is that healthy?

Like everyone will chime in that know there stuff, figure out your LBM then base your calorie consumption on that -500 to -750cals. Work heavy weights, lots of cardio and throw in some ECA if you think you can handle it. Its a simple plan and it works, it is not a miricle diet, but you will not end up looking or feeling like ass.

sputnik
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Have you considered amputating a leg to lose 25 lbs fast?

ragu
12-23-2008, 01:12 PM
If you are dumb enough to follow these kinda diets, why not buy one of those massaging belts that give you a six pack overnight? :facepalm: