PDA

View Full Version : LF: Goalie Equip

Tarrantula
12-22-2008, 07:31 AM
I am just starting up a beer league with a few of my friends, and I have been drafted to be the goalie.

I was wondering if anyone have a set of V2's for sale.. and any other equipment I need. Im looking also for bauer pants.

I literally need everything and im a little tight for money.. so if anyone has some old stuff they can donate.. that would be great.

Im a 33 pad size.. Im 5'7" and 170.. so.. anything that would fit someone around that size would be great.

rip
12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a set of KOHO pads, trapper, blocker. They are 33+3". I'm your height and they fit me perfect.

Prospec stuff they are the 590's, I'm only selling because I got new gear.

Here is the link.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Koho-590-36-Goalie-Pads-Blocker-Trapper-by-Lefevre-W0QQAdIdZ95148050

Tarrantula
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
They're not too tall? I was sized for a 33... I dont know if a 36 is too big. Where do the tops stop at? I think a 36 would be right at the buldge...

Edit: This will be my first set of pads in over 15 years.

R-Audi
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
They're not too tall? I was sized for a 33... I dont know if a 36 is too big. Where do the tops stop at? I think a 36 would be right at the buldge...

Edit: This will be my first set of pads in over 15 years.

a 33+3 is still a suize 33, it just has an extra 3" on the thigh rise.\
BTW.. every pad fits differently.. while a 33 is a good starting point I highly reccoemend trying various pads on.

Might want to check www.goaliestore.com for some good used deals on their forum...

rip
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

a 33+3 is still a suize 33, it just has an extra 3" on the thigh rise.\
BTW.. every pad fits differently.. while a 33 is a good starting point I highly reccoemend trying various pads on.

Might want to check www.goaliestore.com for some good used deals on their forum...

What he said.

^^
I also have them listed on the classified section of goaliestore.com.

Tarrantula
12-23-2008, 08:32 AM
What brand should I be shopping for? I have heard that Koho's and Sherwoods are really stiff. and not so good for butterfly style. My uncle had a set of... 590's and said that he couldnt even bend his knee's.

Any thoughts? Im limited to a budget of about 800$ for everything..

R-Audi
12-23-2008, 09:13 AM
You can make any pad flexible with breakig them in properly... from what I have read its the RBK's that are known to be stiff...

Maybe tell your uncle to leave his 590's squished under a table or chair in an s shape...

If you are looking for a flexible pad, maybe look at the Vaughn Velocity series.. although you would want a size up (34 or maybe 35) Other then that... check out ebay, as I have bought my last two sets from Ward and Patch/Goalie Crease in Toronto, and I got my entire set for the cost Goalie Shop was asking for jsut the pads.. then got free shipping!!

Another decent place is Kijiji and Craigslist.. but I think goaliestore is your best bet besides eBay...

Tarrantula
12-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I did find a mildly used set of V2's on Kijiji for 650.. but that would blow almost my entire budget.. I did what all beyond members do.. and undercut him to 400. ha ha. I doubt he will accept my offer.

rip
12-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Tarrantula
What brand should I be shopping for? I have heard that Koho's and Sherwoods are really stiff. and not so good for butterfly style. My uncle had a set of... 590's and said that he couldnt even bend his knee's.

Any thoughts? Im limited to a budget of about 800$ for everything..

The 590's are great butterfly style pads. Mine aren't too stiff either, but they are properly broken in.