PDA

View Full Version : WTH: artist.

spikerS
12-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi all, I am looking to hire an artist for a small job. This wont take long, and does not involve any travel, if any is needed, I will drive.

I am looking to commission someone to draw my next tattoo.

I must stress that I want this to be 100% original, I do not want it to be a copy what-so-ever. In the end, since I will become the owner of said picture, I would ask they you are willing to destroy what copies you have of the original.

I am offering $100 cash for this.

design is to be along these lines.

1. the basic design is simple enough, celtic cross.

2. I would like some tribal influences incorperated.

3. I would like the interior of the cross, or at the very least the horizontal portion of the cross to be empty, as it will be filled in at a later date.

4. the final design needs to be about 6 inches wide by about 10-12 inches long for placement.

that is what i am looking for. I would like to see some rough sketches from any potential artist of this before I hire you or someone you know.

If you are ok with the above, please feel free to contact me either by PM or by email at gizmothing/at\gmail/dot\com

tirebob
12-24-2008, 09:54 AM
That is what your tattoo artist is for... Find a tattoo artist before a random artist because they will have more knowledge on how to make designs fit your body, which is not flat like a piece of paper. Also, many drawings will not tattoo well based on size, detail etc, and someone who is not a tattoo artist is not going to know the limitations as to what will tattoo well or not...

Any tattoo artist worth his salt is going to want to sit down for a consult with you to figure out what your looking for and will draw it up for you, then re-draw aspects you are not happy about. All part of the process... Besides, you will get a lot more enthusiasm and generally a much nicer tattoo from an artist who is doing his own work rather than doing the work of someone else...

So may people don't realise that tattoo artists are just that... Artists. They are not simply "skin mechanics" who enjoy putting down other peoples designs all day...

You need to look around and find a tattoo artist who's work you like and approach them to come up with a design for you...

A good shop to check out which has multiple talented artists where I am sure you can find someone who works well in the style you are looking for is Bushido Tattoo on 17 ave...

There are many other great tattoo artists out there as well so why not start with the people that know their craft?

einstein135
12-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Exactly what Tirebob said, the Tattoo Artist will know best how it fits the body etc. I recomend Scott at Southside Tattoo on Macleod Tr opposite the stampede.

GQBalla
12-24-2008, 10:05 AM
werd this is what the Tattoo artist gets paid to do