PDA

View Full Version : anybody lining up for Visions Boxing day this year?

gmoney82
12-24-2008, 12:31 PM
The Futureshop/Bestbuy boxing day sales sucks this year, but Visions does have a few goodies.... Just wanted peoples experiences from previous years on lining up etc.

I hear that Visions is sketchy when it comes to doorcrashers, ie....not having that item there even though u were 2nd in line

s_havinga
12-24-2008, 12:41 PM
You could always get something if you were 2nd in line... lots of things they only have 4 or 5 per store but if the past is any indication be prepared to go out around 9 pm christmas night if you are going for one of the big door crasher specials. Then again its a lot colder this year then it has been in the past.

86max
12-24-2008, 12:44 PM
8 years ago I lined up at visions for a home subwoofer, there was 10 in store. An hour after opening, I was third in line, and a buddy from school walks out with the same sub. He tells me he got the last one and laughs at me.........I've never lined up since.

Toms-SC
12-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I've always wondered what sort of person it takes to line up. Perhaps you could tell us a little about yourself?

86max
12-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
I've always wondered what sort of person it takes to line up. Perhaps you could tell us a little about yourself?

Well obviously I was poor, ugly and unsuccessful if I was outside standing in line for a piece of audio equipment. But times have changed and now I'm so f*cking baller that I'd never lower myself to that level and congregate with society's bottom feeders. They don't even accept black cards at visons, wtf.

stevieo
12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 86max

Well obviously I was poor, ugly and unsuccessful if I was outside standing in line for a piece of audio equipment. But times have changed and now I'm so f*cking baller that I'd never lower myself to that level and congregate with society's bottom feeders. They don't even accept black cards at visons, wtf.

its cause its black

benyl
12-24-2008, 01:26 PM
My boxing day will consist of ordering shit online.

SJW
12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't line up for anything.

wardpr68
12-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by SJW
I don't line up for anything.

agreed. I don't line up to spend my money.

jswankster
12-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Im working it

:facepalm:

kenny
12-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Even Best Buy knows the lineups are going to be much shorter this year because there aren't too many good deals. To counter this, they are holding giveaways at every store for people who line up. If you're there before 5:30am you'll be entered in a draw for a $500 giftcard. One prize per store.

AltimaCoupe
12-24-2008, 02:14 PM
no staying in the cold ... deals online are ok

BigMass
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Even Best Buy knows the lineups are going to be much shorter this year because there aren't too many good deals. To counter this, they are holding giveaways at every store for people who line up. If you're there before 5:30am you'll be entered in a draw for a $500 giftcard. One prize per store.

given the current economic condition don't you think this year the deals should be the best ever? Things just don't add up

flipstah
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

given the current economic condition don't you think this year the deals should be the best ever? Things just don't add up

Theoretically, it should be as it'll help stimulate the economy. But you'll need a MASS buy in order to actually make an effect, so I guess they make more money keeping it in storage rather than selling it dirt cheap? :dunno:

As for Visions, I lined up last year for an $89 Pioneer MP3 deck... Found out it doesn't have an iPod function and walked out with a $200 Alpine deck.

Best. Deal. Ever.

Seriously! It used to be $425 without the cable :thumbsup:

HiTempguy1
12-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I just went with a buddy and picked up a 40" toshiba (that Visions sold to him at boxing day price), so now that anything big is out of the way, I am going to line up at Best Buy to try and win the $500 card. Its a win win since they have the bose headphones I want that are on sale, so I have to go there anyways. Only other thing is the Acer one netbook on sale at staples for $300 flat with XP. Its a good deal imo.

BrknFngrs
12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Definitely not worth lining up at Visions, 95% of the time they will sell you any boxing day items (at boxing day prices) before hand.

chkolny541
12-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Definitely not worth lining up at Visions, 95% of the time they will sell you any boxing day items (at boxing day prices) before hand.

:werd: plus visions will price protect even on boxing day, just so long as it isnt a door crasher, (60 day price protect).

and i dont understand all the hate on people lining up, if you line up for say... 8 hours.. and get a lcd tv on door crasher sale and save 400-500+$ is this not worth the 8 hours?

88CRX
12-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Gonna head to visions whenever i roll out of bed..... probably not much before noon.

If I get what I want then great.... if not oh well.

7thgenvic
12-25-2008, 06:37 PM
online is just as easy :)