PDA

View Full Version : Xmas 2008 - Foreclosure, estate sales and gov properties

barmanjay
12-25-2008, 02:00 AM
I had someone ask me for an updated list so I figures some of you might be interested in what is happening in the market out there

I updated the last foreclosure list I did

included/added:

foreclosures
estate sales
gov properties (if-any)

single family homes
condo's (not included last time)

there are almost 100 listings

http://abmls.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1493201038&s=ALB&t=ALB

enjoy

I'll try and remember to update this quarterly

cmodem
12-25-2008, 04:14 AM
thanks nice to see whats' out there for foreclosures.

Jeremiah
12-25-2008, 10:20 AM
these arent even good deals :dunno:

civic_rida
12-25-2008, 10:26 AM
no kiddin

ckangarloo
12-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks Barman.
Looks like the banks are trying to get as much as they can as well. Damn.

barmanjay
12-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ckangarloo
Thanks Barman.
Looks like the banks are trying to get as much as they can as well. Damn.

No prob

Ya the banks will try and get as much as they can aswell

however,.. if you are serious about one,.. you can ask any realtor to pull the mortgage info (cost is approx $10), and they can find out wha the origional mortgage amount is for.

They can also pull the history and tell you when it was bought, for what price,.. and from that you could find out what the downpayment was and etc,...

It's a bit of investigative work and a few bucks,.. but it could be to your advantage.

crewchaud
01-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay
I had someone ask me for an updated list so I figures some of you might be interested in what is happening in the market out there

I updated the last foreclosure list I did

included/added:

foreclosures
estate sales
gov properties (if-any)

single family homes
condo's (not included last time)

there are almost 100 listings

http://abmls.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=1493201038&s=ALB&t=ALB

enjoy

I'll try and remember to update this quarterly

Do you have an updated link or is it real time?

Thanks

AZ REALTY
01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
you can ask any realtor to pull the mortgage info (cost is approx $10), and they can find out wha the origional mortgage amount is for. They can also pull the history and tell you when it was bought, for what price,.. and from that you could find out what the downpayment was and etc,...

Wow.... I learned something new today. I'm so use to having all that info at my finger tips on MLS here in Phoenix for no additional cost. Buyers names, original purchase price, mortgage balance, interest rate, down payment, etc... It really helps when you are putting together a deal, especially when negotiating short sales with the owners lender.

barmanjay
01-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I can imagine that you guys have a more detailed mls system,.. all the info is available for us here,.. but we have to dig a bit for all of that.

AZ REALTY
01-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I can imagine that you guys have a more detailed mls system,.. all the info is available for us here,.. but we have to dig a bit for all of that.

and pay. I thought both systems were the same. I guess not!

barmanjay
01-28-2009, 12:16 AM
not here in alberta :(

but the bonus is I can print off the origional mortgage contract/docs and etc. with that $10

Xtrema
01-28-2009, 12:39 AM

No prob

Ya the banks will try and get as much as they can aswell

however,.. if you are serious about one,.. you can ask any realtor to pull the mortgage info (cost is approx $10), and they can find out wha the origional mortgage amount is for.

They can also pull the history and tell you when it was bought, for what price,.. and from that you could find out what the downpayment was and etc,...

It's a bit of investigative work and a few bucks,.. but it could be to your advantage.

I crossed an address on this list with the City of Calgary chart in the other thread.

35 SHERWOOD Rise NW

Asking for $909K. Sold for $693K in the summer of 2007.

So unless it's sold again after June 2008 - when the City of Calgary record ended - they are making a shit load of money on this.

But really, a house like this should only worth $650K at most in this market, not $909K. And that master bathroom is AWFUL.