PDA

View Full Version : CPS gave me a christmas gift!

BenC
12-25-2008, 02:23 AM
so its 11:30 and im with my mom and sister on the way to midnight mass when officer "money" (written on the ticket), decides to be the generous guy that he is, seeing as its christmas and all, and pulls me over.

Fuck.

Pulls up. Says im going 140 down deerfoot.. well thats awesome. considering i was following a caravan going a 100km/h the whole way. Mind you im in my jdm impreza with big sti wing and 4" exhaust.

"Show me where you clocked me at 140. because i was following that van going a steady 100 sir"

"i clocked you, meaning i matched your speed"(BULLSHIT!)

I was passing cars, but these were cars coming onto deerfoot from offramps, and going 60 km/h.. no snow on the ground and just cruising behind the caravan

Takes licesnce/reg/nd shit.

And being the jolly ol saint ASSHOLE he is decides.
Your exhaust is also modified.

FUCK YOU OFFICER MONEY. thanks for ruining my spirit.

section 115 (2) (p)
description "speed"

and

section 62(2)
description "exhaust".

I'm bringing these to court, they should be fairly easy to get out of, seeing as theres no hard evidence of me speeding. But i'll be hiring someone anyways. Any suggestions? Points? Former officers? etc?

Anyone else get a christmas gift from cps?

GQBalla
12-25-2008, 02:35 AM
was your exhaust modified before OOPÉ because you could say if it was illegal i would not have passed the OOP.

2 years ago it was december 23 and i got a speeding ticket and when the officer handed me my ticket he said merry christmas ahahha

rumeo
12-25-2008, 02:42 AM
somebody was trying to hit quota

BenC
12-25-2008, 02:42 AM
Nope I didn't do any mods to the car after oop. Just the sti wing
Just hope I can win, and not face higher premiums and suspension (still gdl)

GQBalla
12-25-2008, 02:44 AM
go and fight it and say how did i pass OOP with this exhaust than.

BenC
12-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Exhaust would be easy smeasy as its not "modified" its replaced with a bigger one. Just the speeding one is his word vs mine.

Datsun-Fever
12-25-2008, 02:52 AM
Dirty Pig.

Seanith
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Pretty weak. You think they could exhibit some leniency during the holidays but that would be asking for a little too much compassion.

Isaiah
12-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to say but you will likely lose on both counts:

1. Speeding - your word against his plain and simple. "I was following another vehicle which was doing the speed limit" isn't going to cut it.

2. Exhaust - regardless of whether it was already modified when you bought it, the law dictates that it's your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle meets all regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction in which it it being driven. Same as a car already having tint when you bought it.

The prosecutor may drop the exhaust charge in exchange for a guilty plea on the speeding ticket, or he may reduce both but I don't see you beating them on a legal basis.

D'z Nutz
12-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by BenC
Exhaust would be easy smeasy as its not "modified" its replaced with a bigger one. Just the speeding one is his word vs mine.

Uhhh yeaaah... Somehow I don't think semantics are going to be a great defense on this one.

Canmorite
12-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Shitty deal. I went through a checkstop last night driving some friends home, and the middle guy in the back didn't have his belt on. Officer told him to put it on and sent us on our way. I'd try and fight it but it's your word against his :dunno:

That.Guy.S30
12-25-2008, 12:17 PM
i saw you on deerfoot last night.. shitty deal man.

kenny
12-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Go in on your own and discuss your tickets with the CP. If you go in with your mother and her story matches yours, they will probably drop one of the tickets for you.

Try to get the speeding one dropped and suck it up and pay the exhaust one.

TurboD
12-25-2008, 01:40 PM
i got busted pulling a U turn on john laurie at edgemont.

i thought it was legal since there was no lights, but i guess i didnt see the lights.

as i pulled a u turn, a car behind me did the same, and then third came a cop, so 3 of us busted u turns and i got pulled over, the cop ripped passed the other person that did the illegal uturn and pulled me over.

115$ and i think 2 demerits

not sure if im gonna fight it yet, i dont think i can use my ignorance to get out of it.

BenC
12-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Ill eat the exhaust one, i just really want the speeding one dropped.

^^ sucks man. At least they had a reason to pull you over lol.

alloroc
12-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
i saw you on deerfoot last night.. shitty deal man.

Witness - how fast was he going.

Eleanor
12-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Sorry to say but you will likely lose on both counts
:werd:

Palmiros
12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Witness - how fast was he going.

we was most likely talking about seeing him pulled over.

googe
12-25-2008, 03:30 PM
i had an exhaust ticket once, and when i took it to the CP, he dropped it on the spot. he was actually annoyed at the cops for writing it, and muttered something about "i think its safe to say we know the real reason they give this one out" then "now, lets talk about this speeding one". then he offered me the usual pay and take no demerits. that was a few years ago. YMMV.

TheCheff
12-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I was there fairly recently and I believe they are no longer allowed to wipe demerits. They are allowed to reduce though. I had both the price and my demerits slashed in half, its always worth the time to go to the CP. You don't need to hire anyone to do this.

Toms-SC
12-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Nice exhaust tip ricer

Canucks3322
12-25-2008, 08:33 PM
4 inch exhaust ha hahahahhaa...

Redlyne_jr
12-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by googe
i had an exhaust ticket once, and when i took it to the CP, he dropped it on the spot. he was actually annoyed at the cops for writing it, and muttered something about "i think its safe to say we know the real reason they give this one out" then "now, lets talk about this speeding one". then he offered me the usual pay and take no demerits. that was a few years ago. YMMV.

Same thing here they really wont pull you over just for an exhaust ticket, but if they are writing you a speeding ticket its just so easy to write up one more exhaust ticket, iv gotten 2 exhaust tickets both dropped on the spot...

BenC
12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey assholes. Its just not the tip. And I bought the car like that from jdm tuners.

ryder_23
12-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by BenC
Hey assholes. Its just not the tip. And I bought the car like that from jdm tuners.

Big sti wing and a 4inch exhaust...i'd pull you over too. was he undercover by chance?

googe
12-26-2008, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by ~Porsche~

Same thing here they really wont pull you over just for an exhaust ticket, but if they are writing you a speeding ticket its just so easy to write up one more exhaust ticket, iv gotten 2 exhaust tickets both dropped on the spot...

yeah, and i did have an sti wing and a 4" exhaust that time. it was on a real sti though.

i was doing 90 in a 70 and as he was writing up the speeding ticket, his waste of skin partner didn't have much to do, so he started wandering around and was all, "HEY JOHN, LOOK, HE HAS A MODIFIED EXHAUST TOO IT LOOKS LIKE!", so he wrote me another one for that. fortunately i had both thrown out and paid $0 and got 0 demerits.

Originally posted by ryder_23

Big sti wing and a 4inch exhaust...i'd pull you over too. was he undercover by chance?

why would you pull someone over for a wing and an exhaust?

BenC
12-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Especially if it isn't loud, and I was driving normally.

Please keep all irrelevant comments to yourselves :)

BenC
12-26-2008, 01:39 PM
And it wasn't an undercover cop

jdmloc
12-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Sorry to say but you will likely lose on both counts:

1. Speeding - your word against his plain and simple. "I was following another vehicle which was doing the speed limit" isn't going to cut it.

2. Exhaust - regardless of whether it was already modified when you bought it, the law dictates that it's your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle meets all regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction in which it it being driven. Same as a car already having tint when you bought it.

The prosecutor may drop the exhaust charge in exchange for a guilty plea on the speeding ticket, or he may reduce both but I don't see you beating them on a legal basis.

you must be horrible at fighting tickets dude, your making this sound like criminal court, this is TRAFFIC court there is no proof he was speeding and as long as you go in and have a legitimate excuse for the exhaust like you bottomed your car out and it fell off, you had the broken off section in your car and were waiting till boxing day to get it welded on.

redx2nv
12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Just slam a silencer in there and argue that the actual real dimension is that of the 2" silencer diameter vs your 4" diameter.

I took a pic of it in, with a ruler for reference, scannned it, and brought it to them. Dropped on all counts!