PDA

View Full Version : Dany Heatley in a car accident

Clever
09-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Hope he recovers soon, thought i'd post details of what happened for those who know him. went to school with him, good kid, hope he's okay.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20030930_081245_3540

kevie88
09-30-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, he only got very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.

roopi
09-30-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Well, he only got a very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.

yeah but he hit a wall doing 130 in a ferrari. i doubt the ferrari is doing to well anymore. :( it broke in half. that can't be good. how the hell does a car doing 130 break in half? you think they would make it a bit stronger. it is a ferrari after all.

AquamosH
09-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Just heard his ferrari split in half!

Has anyone else noticed the EA Sports curse?
Lately, something bad happens to whichever athlete is on the cover of EA Sports games. Iginla had the cover of NHL 2003 last year, and he didn't have too great a season. Mike Vick was on the cover of Madden 2004, and now he's out with an injury. When Dante Cullpepper was on the cover of Madden, he had an aweful season. Just an observation...:dunno:

Melinda
09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Hmm him and his dad are clients of ours, hopefully all is okay

roopi
09-30-2003, 07:07 PM
heres a picture of the car:

http://www.roopi.ca/temp/heatley.jpg

"Our preliminary reports indicated speed may have been a factor," Police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Iosty said.

:rofl: oh you think?

gongSHOW
09-30-2003, 07:08 PM
ya his car got toasted, it looked like the body completely broke off from the chasis, it was brutal. He has some pretty bad injuries like broken jaw and stuff but yes his teammate is still in serious condition. Hope we see him back in the NHL by November!

Well, he only got very minor injuries.. It's his teammate he (and we) should be worried about.

Originally posted by roopi

yeah but he hit a wall doing 130 in a ferrari. i doubt the ferrari is doing to well anymore. :( it broke in half. that can't be good. how the hell does a car doing 130 break in half? you think they would make it a bit stronger. it is a ferrari after all.

Originally posted by AquamosH

sexualbanana
09-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH

Has anyone else noticed the EA Sports curse?
Lately, something bad happens to whichever athlete is on the cover of EA Sports games. Iginla had the cover of NHL 2003 last year, and he didn't have too great a season. Mike Vick was on the cover of Madden 2004, and now he's out with an injury. When Dante Cullpepper was on the cover of Madden, he had an aweful season. Just an observation...:dunno:

The EA curse is really just referring to Madden. From what I hear, every cover player on a Madden cover has gotten injured that year.

403Gemini
09-30-2003, 07:25 PM
they are checking if alchohal / drugs were an issue. if they were, good they deserved to hit that wall. better a wall than a human being.

but if not, how the fuck can you hit a wall? what did it just pop out of nowhere?

Hakkola
09-30-2003, 08:00 PM
His blood alcohol level was less than legal limit, I heard, but on sportscenter they said the results of the test won't be known for a few days. :dunno:

They say he was going 85m/h in a 30 zone.

pinoyhero
09-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Damn hopefully the other guy will be OK and Dany won't be found at faultm this kid has got an amazing career ahead of him.

Maxt
09-30-2003, 09:04 PM
I'd say lack of brains was a factor...
Who cares about his amazing career, hope the guy gets time for being such an ass, and injuring his passenger...Just because he is an NHL'er that doesn't excuse him from having to be responsible for his actions... Damn rights he should be found at fault , 130km's in a 50 zone, who's fault was it, the wall?...To many of these guys get off from that kinda stuff, if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot, its Doug Gilmour sticking his finger in babysitters without consequence.... They are not above the law..Maxt

Ajay
09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
They aren't above the law but they definetly get away with more.

He'll get off with a fine and maybe some community service and probably have his license revoked. If he was found to be under the influence then it would be a different story and he probably would get jail time.

Davetronz
09-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Who cares about his amazing career, hope the guy gets time for being such an ass, and injuring his passenger...Just because he is an NHL'er that doesn't excuse him from having to be responsible for his actions... Damn rights he should be found at fault , 130km's in a 50 zone, who's fault was it, the wall?...To many of these guys get off from that kinda stuff, if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot, its Doug Gilmour sticking his finger in babysitters without consequence.... They are not above the law..Maxt
Exactly what I was going to say...
I dont care if you have a hot shit car like that, dont fuck around and endanger a passenger. It doesnt matter if you are Hitler, the pope or an NHL star, stupid is stupid.

ecstasyracer
09-30-2003, 10:24 PM
I guess thats what happens when you go from driving a pick-up or whatever they drive before they are young multi-millionares to deciding they need an exotic sports car. They should try getting a less powerful car first and carfully honing their driving skills like a true car enthusiest does.

Dope Dealer
09-30-2003, 10:59 PM
if its not Gary Roberts running into bridge piers on deerfoot

Wasn't that Jamie Macoun?

Melinda
09-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
I guess thats what happens when you go from driving a pick-up or whatever they drive before they are young multi-millionares to deciding they need an exotic sports car. They should try getting a less powerful car first and carfully honing their driving skills like a true car enthusiest does.
Danny get a new car every few months...actually one of his dad's prime sources of income is selling off Danny's old cars...he's had plenty of different cars to play with

accordboi_02
09-30-2003, 11:07 PM
I'd hate to be the coach of the Thrashers... "Heatley's injured??? Oh shit, there goes any chance for the playoffs now!!"

I hope the other guy recovers, Sportsnet said that alcohol was not a factor, and that it was just Heatley driving like an idiot that caused the crash.

AquamosH
09-30-2003, 11:37 PM
Snyder has a fractured skull. :thumbsdow
Hope he makes it.

Heatley's facing 5 criminal charges.

voodoo
10-01-2003, 11:59 AM
i live 2 houses down from his parents, and i used to play street hockey with him once in a while.

does anyone know if the passenger was WEARING HIS SEATBELT????????????

4wheeldrift
10-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by voodoo
does anyone know if the passenger was WEARING HIS SEATBELT???????????? Looking at the car, I honestly doubt it would have made much of a difference.

voodoo
10-01-2003, 12:12 PM
well it could well have explained, y he was thrown 35-45 feet from the car and danny wasnt

4wheeldrift
10-01-2003, 12:18 PM
well it could well have explained, y he was thrown 35-45 feet from the car and danny wasnt True. Could have been just straight up dumb luck, hard to say without knowing the exact details of the accident.

voodoo
10-01-2003, 12:20 PM
yeh i know it could have been shitty luck, thats y i was asking

ryder_23
10-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Anyone remember that calgary stampeder player that was passing someone on the narrow road before golden, double solid, hit someone head on, believe he drove a porsche,killed the other occupents of other car or severly injured them, and then only got community service? that sound right...cant really remember al the details

Melinda
10-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Was that Alondra Johnson? I know he had some legal stuff regarding a car accident a while ago

Super_Geo
10-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
They say he was going 85m/h in a 30 zone.

It's a shame he can still move.

At least no bystanders were hurt. These two got what they deserved.

Madspinner
10-01-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm surprised any of them lived ,That is so brutal .How the hell can he afford a ferrari ,He can't make that much money . Not what I heard still ,Maybe endoursments.

kevie88
10-01-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

It's a shame he can still move.

At least no bystanders were hurt. These two got what they deserved.

Dude, the passenger doesn't deserve to pay for the things that a driver does.

B17a
10-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Madspinner
I'm surprised any of them lived ,That is so brutal .How the hell can he afford a ferrari ,He can't make that much money . Not what I heard still ,Maybe endoursments.

I'm no mathematician but when his base salary is over $1million a year I think he can afford it.

ramminghard
10-01-2003, 01:25 PM
I heard the speed was 130MPH(not km).

Super_Geo
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM

Dude, the passenger doesn't deserve to pay for the things that a driver does.

You're right, but still... If you were in a car when your friend is doing 85 in a 30... wouldn't you tell him to slow down?

kevie88
10-01-2003, 02:11 PM
I suppose, but knowing my friends, they'd probably speed up.. :D

voodoo
10-01-2003, 02:14 PM
I suppose, but knowing my friends, they'd probably speed up.. :D
hhhmmmmm i have those friends to. i think we have the wrong kind of friends

accordboi_02
10-01-2003, 02:43 PM
i live 2 houses down from his parents, and i used to play street hockey with him once in a while.

does anyone know if the passenger was WEARING HIS SEATBELT????????????

No, he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, only Heatley was.

voodoo
10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
well then i dont feel as bad for him, stupid guy should have been wearing his seat belt. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS THE PASSENGER IN A FERRARI WHICH IS BEING DRIVEN BY A 21 OLD.

but at the same time danny shouldnt have been doing 130 in a 85 zone

redx2nv
10-02-2003, 12:36 PM
it was headlined in the sportsection in the journal. It said Fast and Furious hockey player somethin somethin hehe, i dont remeber..

But do they relate EVERYTHING to fast and furious now, this is just getting ridiculous. So what if some stupid fucking hockey player with too much money crashes his car, he is going to pay for it with his life, he deserves it.

R-Audi
10-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Are you guys serious? Because he was speeding, owns a Ferrari at 21, and makes a mistake you don't feel sorry for him? Sure its ignorant to go that fast, but NO-ONE deserves a broken jaw, punctured lungs..etc Like no one here has ever forgotten their seatbelt or sped for that matter.
The only time i feel someone 'deserves' to get in a car accident is when their drunk.

oh, and I don't beleive it was Gary Roberts running into bridge piers. PLease get info right before posting. I know ....... Kennedy crashed a hummer drunk, but thats all I remember.

Super_Geo
10-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Are you guys serious? Because he was speeding, owns a Ferrari at 21, and makes a mistake you don't feel sorry for him? Sure its ignorant to go that fast, but NO-ONE deserves a broken jaw, punctured lungs..etc

Yes, because he was going 130 in a 50 zone, I'm glad he received what he did. I'd rather have him crash and kill himself then have him hit someone and injur them.

The public road isn't his own fucking amusement park. I feel no pity at all for him. If I read that he died because he was doing 130 in a 50, I would still not feel one bit sorry for him.

The fact of the matter is that he other people's lives at risk. Why should we feel sorry for him? Because he got a broken jaw?

max_boost
10-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Just because you are young, rich, good looking, and popular, it does not make you King of the road. You are still human and you are not immune to pain and consequences.

I don't feel sorry for him but as a hockey fan I am extremely disappointed. Heatley and Kovalchuk are a dynamic duo and the future of hockey. It's a sad day for the NHL.

R-Audi
10-02-2003, 01:50 PM
From all of the reports I have heard, none said anyting about 130 in a 50, I have heard the 80 in a 50 though. Either way, its a stupid mistake. No one deserves that kinda shit. King of the Road? Like any of you haven't sped recklessly before. You don't go out and think your "king of the Road" you're just not neccesarily thinking of the consequences.
Its a shitty way to learn a good lesson. Either way, I feel sorry for him, his teammate, and his friends. People shouldn't have to go through that kind of thing, but unfortunately some do. I just hope it works. After that is when I stop feeling sorry for him.

B17a
10-02-2003, 01:51 PM
I can empathize with him because I was once 22. However I didn't have a Ferrari. But like many (if not all) of us here. I was a jackass who thought I was king shit and drove my parents car like an idiot. Only thing is my car couldn't hit 80mph :) . Hopefully he'll learn and hopefully so will others.

voodoo
10-02-2003, 01:53 PM
[B]From all of the reports I have heard, none said anyting about 130 in a 50, I have heard the 80 in a 50 though.

i thought it was 130kph in a 80 zone

max_boost
10-02-2003, 01:55 PM
From all of the reports I have heard, none said anyting about 130 in a 50, I have heard the 80 in a 50 though. Either way, its a stupid mistake. No one deserves that kinda shit. King of the Road? Like any of you haven't sped recklessly before. You don't go out and think your "king of the Road" you're just not neccesarily thinking of the consequences.
Its a shitty way to learn a good lesson. Either way, I feel sorry for him, his teammate, and his friends. People shouldn't have to go through that kind of thing, but unfortunately some do. I just hope it works. After that is when I stop feeling sorry for him. Whatever

And you know what? I have done something stupid like that before. Do I expect people to feel sorry for me? No! I suffered the consequences. I dealt with it but in the end it is MY FAULT. And he should accept responsibility as well.

I don't buy the fact that you don't think about those consequences, any motorist knows exactly what will happen if you drive recklessly, simple as that!

RSRT-4
10-02-2003, 02:14 PM
I would have to agree with Sam On this one he new the chances of speeding and still did it we all make those mistakes , it's unfortunate but don't feel sorry for him

diycx
10-02-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm sorry he didn't learn his lesson earlier in a not-as-violent way. I've done some stupid stunts and sometimes drove like a fucktard, but I slowly learned my lesson. I saw a lot of kids getting hurt and dying in car accidents. And when you see a car ripped apart like that in person and you think of how mutilated the people were in the accident, it gives you chills. What if it was your brother or your son, would you tell him to his face that he deserves it and turn your back on him? No, I don't think so. Dind't your mama ever tell you there's always two sides to the story?
:rolleyes:

max_boost
10-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by diycx
I'm sorry he didn't learn his lesson earlier in a not-as-violent way. I've done some stupid stunts and sometimes drove like a fucktard, but I slowly learned my lesson. I saw a lot of kids getting hurt and dying in car accidents. And when you see a car ripped apart like that in person and you think of how mutilated the people were in the accident, it gives you chills. What if it was your brother or your son, would you tell him to his face that he deserves it and turn your back on him? No, I don't think so. Dind't your mama ever tell you there's always two sides to the story?
:rolleyes: But my mama always taught me one important thing, be accountable for your own actions. It doesn't matter if he deserved it or not, the point is, he crashed, he takes responsibility. I'm not here to wish bad things on him and I hope he recovers but bah....whatever

spyguy
10-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
But my mama always taught me one important thing, be accountable for your own actions. It doesn't matter if he deserved it or not, the point is, he crashed, he takes responsibility. I'm not here to wish bad things on him and I hope he recovers but bah....whatever

stop posting on car forums and get to class ... punk!:poosie: ;) :rofl: :rofl: :guns: :tongue:

Madspinner
10-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Heatley dad even told him he was going to get into an accident . The first week he bought the car his dad went and visited him and they were going golfing and he had the car up 280km on the way there ,and told him to slow down .That I heard also .

Khyron
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
It was 80 MPH (130ish km/hr) in a 35 MPH zone (whats that - 50km/hr)

That's fast but you'd have to see the road before declaring it stupid fast (tho the fact he hit a wall means it was stupid fast).

I know I've gone double the limit a few times when I knew the road and conditions could handle it.

Khyron

max_boost
10-02-2003, 04:44 PM
I mean, just look at the freaking car!!! It's unrecognizeable!!!

NickGT
10-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Shit like this happens all the time. Ferrari or not.

Nobody deserves to be in an accident (rich or poor), people just make bad judgement calls. Imagine being as young as he is, knowing that he put his buddy in a coma. What happens if his buddy dies. Could you imagine living with that? Bad judgment call yes. But what can anyone do now but hopefully learn from this young guy.

This is a perfect example of why there should be some type of mandatory licensing or driver training for these high-powered street cars on top of a normal drivers license. Especially for young drivers who are still learning responsibility and becoming adults.

Not many of us know what it's like to drive a ferrari, or handle that kind of power. Who are we to judge.

Perhaps if he was drinking and driving my opinion would be different.

We are all guilty ourselves for driving like an idiot at some point, or without due care and attention. We just seem to have more room for error since our cars don't have the punch a ferrari has.

It's way to easy, to get going way to fast.

TalonVelocity
10-02-2003, 05:16 PM
"It's way to easy, to get going way to fast."

and its way easier not to.

/////AMG
10-02-2003, 05:34 PM

:werd: It's as simple as Maxt said it. Its tupid to go 130km/h on a fucking 50km/h road. Thats pathetic. I can't even tell if its a Ferrari or not. I feel very sorry for the passenger, but not that much since he was not wearing a seatbelt. The driver however is a retard, he has a great life ahead and he crashes his car. I hope he does get time or something so he learns not to fuck up again. But I don't want him to die or something, because I hope a lot of people can learn from his mistake. It can be fun going fast but not on a road, go to a track or something. If he wanted to see how fast the Ferrari could go he didnt have to try it on his way to a golf course. Thats stupid. If he was speediing with his dad, he was gonna speed anyways. So it's his fault in everyway. IMO.

ninjak84
10-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by my hero, Spider-Man
With great power, comes great responsibility

NickGT
10-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TalonVelocity
"It's way to easy, to get going way to fast."

and its way easier not to.

i should have written it better. What I meant was:

It's way to easy, to get going way to fast if you've got a heavy foot. Especially in any car with some guts to it....

max_boost
10-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Spiderman's Uncle
With great power, comes great responsibility

gongSHOW
10-02-2003, 06:48 PM
ya guys i heard that he has charges pending and judging by what happened i think that he will be charged. Its just so sad to see some one with so much talent and potential to throw his life away in one stupid but costly mistake!

accordboi_02
10-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Just saw on The Score... Snyder passed away.

:thumbsdow

RIP

Mr_John
10-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Yah just heard about this on TSN too... sad story.
R.I.P

nosegrindR
11-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Yes, because he was going 130 in a 50 zone, I'm glad he received what he did. I'd rather have him crash and kill himself then have him hit someone and injur them.

The public road isn't his own fucking amusement park. I feel no pity at all for him. If I read that he died because he was doing 130 in a 50, I would still not feel one bit sorry for him.

The fact of the matter is that he other people's lives at risk. Why should we feel sorry for him? Because he got a broken jaw?

you're telling me you've never gone that fast in a 50 zone? you've never raced in a 50 zone...if not then good for you, if you have then quit being an oxymoron:guns: :guns: :guns:

buh_buh
11-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

you're telling me you've never gone that fast in a 50 zone? you've never raced in a 50 zone...if not then good for you, if you have then quit being an oxymoron:guns: :guns: :guns: no, I probably can't say I've NEVER raced in a 50 zone. But I CAN say I've never even thought about going 130 in a 50 zone.

ryder_23
11-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

if you have then quit being an oxymoron:guns: :guns: :guns:

hypocrite you mean...plus were talkin mph, i hope your not saying you go that fast....plus even 130km/h in a 50 is fast.

Wildcat
11-03-2003, 01:54 AM
fuk, didnt we already talk about this once before?

/////AMG
11-03-2003, 07:50 AM
Yea, This thread is old, now the arguments will start all over again.

Rexxrally
11-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Everybody who has NEVER done something stupid because they were young and didn't realize the consequences, raise your hand!

Guys, give him a break. He did something stupid, as we all have, only he paid the second ultimate price: he killed his best friend. He never intended on that happening (I'm sure it obviously never entered his mind or he wouldn't have done it in the first place).

He now has to live with the fact that he killed his best friend for the rest of his life. I DO feel sorry for him.............

It doesn't matter to me that he's only 21, a really good hockey player making more money than I'll make in my lifetime, or that he got to not only drive a Ferrari, but actually own one. That makes me extremely jealous of him.

But, just because he's had more advantages in life than me, it doesn't make me feel NOT SORRY for him now. To not feel sorry for him now is just plain mean...............