PDA

View Full Version : NuStart Nu1000R remote starter

HONDA_CALGARY
12-27-2008, 03:03 AM
I have a NuStart Nu1000R remote starter installed on my 94 Honda Accord. The device worked properly until after I replaced my car battery. The old car battery was dead for about 1 week before I replaced it. The only thing that would work right now is the keyless entry. When I press the start button on the remote, nothing happens.

I'm just wondering if anyone has/had a similar problem. I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

talonboi
12-27-2008, 05:29 PM
check the manual for the starter, its been either set into valet mode, or if its a similar setup as the compustar it might have turned on a bunch of options like diesel mode.

if its in valet mode, press the lock and trunk button at the same time for 1/2 second

dawson13
12-28-2008, 12:53 AM
could also need reprogramming it sometimes happens when changing the battery try ignition on and off 5 times within 7 seconds wait 1.5 seconds then either press number 1 for a 2way or lock for a 1way that will recode it

HONDA_CALGARY
12-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys!

Finally got it fixed by pressing the trunk and lock buttons simultaneously and holding them for 0.5 sec. It was in valet mode.