PDA

View Full Version : What else to buy with P90X

The Cosworth
12-28-2008, 10:56 AM
I am getting the P90X dvd's either today or tomorrow but I am only getting the DVD's.

What else is an absolute necessity for me to be able to do it? Ex. Size of free weights, tension bands, chin up bar, etc.

The P90X site has about 900,000,000,000 things you can buy to go along with the dvd's and I am not that rich.

TYIA

pinoyhero
12-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Buy a gym membership

BrknFngrs
12-28-2008, 11:03 AM
You'll need a variety of resistance bands or a range of dumbbells and a pull-up bar. You're best bet is probably adjustable dumbbells if your going the dumbbell route.

redblack
12-28-2008, 11:11 AM
go to costco and buy the combo pack they have there
i think its like 170 and you get the dvd's, pull up bar and the push up cups

funkedelic2
12-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
You'll need a variety of resistance bands or a range of dumbbells and a pull-up bar. You're best bet is probably adjustable dumbbells if your going the dumbbell route.

Yeah you aren't going to need much more than this. I wouldn't get the resistance bands, i have them but i never use them. You are going to need a comfy mat, because you will spend a lot of time on the floor. You might also want to get yourself some yoga blocks if you aren't very flexible.

I just got the dvds from another beyonder for $20 for the complete set. I originally planned on downloading them but it was going to take about a week lol. I just paid for them and they were high quality. The only thing i did download was the documents. I didn't want to dish out $140+ for complete system.

If you absoutely want the dvd set with all of the booklets, guides and progress sheets, then i would just buy it in town and not order it online so you don't have to wait for 2+ weeks for them.

You might want to get yourself some suppliments to help you out along the way too. I really recommend this because the first week or so you are going to be feel completely drained, weak and angry about the shit you have to eat.

JMaj7
12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I would just download the DVD and invest in some adjustable dumbells, a bench, a P90x pull up bar, a nice yoga mat (so you don't get rug burn or slip while your doing the wheel...not fun) and a yoga block. They have blocks at chapters and lululemon for like $10.

I would also get a heavy medicine ball for when you want to get creative.

The Cosworth
12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
awesome thanks. Yeah I am purchasing the DVD's from a cousin so I dont need the total set, but all i am getting are the dvd's because he likes the bar and the rest of the crap he got.

I am doing P90 so I dont have to go to the gym, thanks anyways though.

I have one of those pull up bars from GNC that goes on the door frame and doesnt pull it down, I just need to know what else I am going to need (such as the dumb bells and yoga mat).

Thanks

funkedelic2
12-28-2008, 01:18 PM
You should really consider downloading the documents. The worksheets/track reports that it comes with are very usefull. You could make your own but it is so easy to just print them out.

Also the nutrition guides are helpful. Even if you don't print them out, it helps to glance over them. Diet is going to be a key factor in this work out program.

wardpr68
12-28-2008, 02:34 PM
i just got the stiffest resistance band I could get and thats it.... it seemed sufficient. But ya... a gym mat would definitely help with the plyometrics and ab ripper workouts. Not some flimsy piece of crap... like a 1 inch thick padded mat.

redblack
12-28-2008, 03:55 PM
or you can come by my place and grab the books from me and photocopy them

sexualbanana
12-28-2008, 11:27 PM
who wants to burn me a copy of the yoga video?? that's all i want.

The Cosworth
12-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by redblack
or you can come by my place and grab the books from me and photocopy them

i had no idea you were doing that. I will text you as I am off this week. Not sure what your working this week.

LUCKYSTRIKE
12-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Anyone know where you can buy this in town (besides costco)?

redblack
12-29-2008, 02:50 AM
ive seen them at fitness depot and those tv showcase stores in malls

funkedelic2
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
Anyone know where you can buy this in town (besides costco)?

I was just in Shoppers and saw a few there

kutt3r
12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
who wants to burn me a copy of the yoga video?? that's all i want.

Let me know if you still need this SB, I can burn you a copy if you are playing Sunday.

nj2Type-S
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
i saw a bunch of 'results' videos from guys who have done p90x and, man, i wish i had the motivation to workout at home, lol. i only do the ab ripper x at home.

DENZILDON
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
dumbells (not even the complete set), yoga mat, pullup bars.

When I did the Cardio x for the first time, I couldn't believe the yoga part would catch me out of breath. :rofl:

Zenshi
12-30-2008, 02:40 PM
is there any place to get just the pullup bar in calgary?

The Cosworth
12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
^^ GNC has the door frame one for $30.00

It isnt the P90X one but it is good enough for what I need

Zenshi
12-30-2008, 03:02 PM
I have a door frame one, it sucks. the ones where u extend the sides ?