PDA

View Full Version : what to use to polish granite?

Bimmer88
12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey guys,

I need some assistance....

Our granite countertops in the house look dull and has circles from my mother putting her plate on the tops without a matting of any sort...

So I need a product that would bring back the shine.

Super_Geo
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
I have the same problem with the granite in my bathrooms... water sitting on the granite has ate through the top coat of the finish.

Anyone know of what products to use, or who re-finishes granite countertops?

Kritafo
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
If you counter needs to be resealed get it done. Otherwise you can buy products from the manufacturers. Lots of people ruin their counters with crap products and quick cleaning fixes with the wrong cleaners.

Davetronz
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
I have the same problem with the granite in my bathrooms... water sitting on the granite has ate through the top coat of the finish.

Anyone know of what products to use, or who re-finishes granite countertops?
Same for me. My granite is only about a year and a half old. I don't want to get it re-finished, but rather sealed. I don't want to destroy / replace this stuff.

Bimmer88
12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow looks like everyone has the same problems... I even asked the guy who installed them and he has no fricking clue.... Cause apparently the stuff he use is "Commercial" and requires a certified person to use it. Not only that but he wants to charge like $90 JUST TO COME TO MY HOME.

Then another $80 per hour. What ripoff. I rather do it myself.

prae
12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
There was an old thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/224578/spilled-alcohol-left-a-big-stain-on-my-granit-how-do-i-clean-it/) that sort-of addressed this concern.