PDA

View Full Version : 85 FORD LTD CV Exhaust help

CopCarDriver
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello, i'm new to the forums here. Maybe i've found somewhere that will offer a good source of domestic car-guy wisdom. I've rebuit/restored a few cars already, but this is the first time i've had to deal with anything non stock exhaust.

The car in question is a 1985 ford LTD crown victoria, 5.0L V8, with true dual exhaust (stock) with 2" pipes. I just gave the car a new gloss black paintjob, took the vinyl roof off, and made it look a little meaner. So now its time to make it sound a little meaner. I'm pulling the exhaust out soon, and am about to redo it. I'm cutting the (PLUGGED) cats, and going straight out from the manifolds, to a pair of solid mufflers.

My main concern is that its going to sound like some tincan import that some kid had a 25 dollar gift card to canadian tire. I want deep, and bite. Not overly loud. I have heard good things about cherry bomb (oh god) turbos.

Main thing to remember as the arguments start, is that i have a 76 beetle for summer driving, and a 79 caddy for show and cruising. I have to do the exhaust because of the cats, and i want to get a good sound while im at it. Budget is: lowest cost for something that i wont hate myself for.

THANKS in advance, sorry about the bible, and look forward to helping out!