PDA

View Full Version : Geology 209 Mid-Terms?

davidI
09-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Anyone have a copy of the geology 209 mid-terms or final they could get me? I've heard they are very similar year to year.

RSeXy
09-30-2003, 11:31 PM
the student's union photocopy office usually has copies of past exams

thich
10-01-2003, 09:02 AM
if you have that lady geologist as the prof, then make sure you read the book...
she screwed us over so bad on the first midterm when i took the class a 2 years ago

kenny
10-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Isn't Geology 209 "rocks for jocks" ? This class is pretty easy :)

davidI
10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
yea, it's rock for jocks but the first day the prof said that the class is not as easy as it used to be so I dunno!

thich
10-01-2003, 03:53 PM
i can imagine that the class got "upped" in terms of difficulty..
when i took it, i found it harsh for first midterm... but things evened out when i figured out how to study for the course.
for the final, make sure you read the stupid textbook -- there are so many trivial questions that were used for the final that were never covered in class but were from the text.

all gpa boosters seem to have gotten harder over the years... :P

HTST209 used to be a breeze, but after the year I took it, my friends all said the midterm and finals rape you in that course :S

Shaolin
10-01-2003, 04:01 PM
I took rocks for jocks about 3 years ago.. and I thought it was pretty hard.. I couldn't pay attention during class because I kept falling asleep, I guess that was why I found it hard.. it was harder than some of my other courses.. I walked out with a B, but it was hard earned..

davidI
10-02-2003, 11:10 AM
yea, I'm not too worried about the exam but I've heard the mid-terms are very close to the same every year. They are not available in the Students Centre or anything so that's why I'm asking on here.

Lagerstatten
10-02-2003, 10:46 PM
If you want midterms and finals for geology/geophysics courses, just head on over to the Rundle Club (not really sure where their room is but just go to the main G&G office and ask, I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction), most of the time they have midterms/finals from previous years.

-Thinh

inspire
10-09-2003, 01:35 AM
i took this class last winter thinking it was a GPA booster and thikning it was an easy A..
was i ever wrong! it was not HARD but it was a lot harder than expected, i actually had to study quite a bit in this course. i walked out with a B, but it is definetly not as easy as its title "rocks for jocks" implies

girlRACER
10-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by inspire
i took this class last winter thinking it was a GPA booster and thikning it was an easy A..
was i ever wrong! it was not HARD but it was a lot harder than expected, i actually had to study quite a bit in this course. i walked out with a B, but it is definetly not as easy as its title "rocks for jocks" implies

:werd: I took that class too 4 years ago!