PDA

View Full Version : how to get album covers in new ipod nano?

nonlinear
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
my brother's dog ate my old nano and i had to buy a new one today. with the new nanos, they use the album covers a lot so i want to get those on there. does anyone know an easy way for doing this? i had album art in a lot of my album folders, but it didn't seem to load when i put the songs on

thanks
non.

dr_jared88
12-29-2008, 08:41 PM
In itunes click Advanced>Get Album Artwork. Wait till it's done and re-sync.

RY213
12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
^^^You have to have an itunes store account for that. The only other way is to add the album art in itunes. Im pretty anal about my mp3's so everything has album art, proper track names etc...

Grogador
12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
There's lots of ways to auto-fetch (usually from amazon, cddb or google) album art for your mp3s, like Winamp, MusicBrainz Picard, Mp3 Tag Studio, Magic Mp3 Tagger... It either just puts the jpg in the folder, or adds it to the id3v2 tags.

nonlinear
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
i tried the advanced>get album artwork feature in itunes, it said it was processing but didn't seem to do anything though.

toyboy88
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
i tried the advanced>get album artwork feature in itunes, it said it was processing but didn't seem to do anything though.

Isn't that only for music purchased from the iTunes store?

1997GSR
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
cut open dog
retreive nano
???????
PROFIT

rage2
12-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Get album art works for some songs/albums. I dunno what the exact criteria is, but it works, even for non itunes purchased songs.

Alternatively, sort by album name, highlight the entire album, right click, get info, and choose the album art file in your mp3 folder, and it'll update all of the songs for that album with that image.

bball2
12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
I usually just let iTunes find the album artwork, if it can't find a specific cover you can search up google images, then drag the image into the album art viewer on iTunes.

revelations
01-04-2009, 01:41 PM
There are programs out there that do this for you, I would like to find one as well.

I had one that wored quite well but then I switched PCs and couldnt find the program in my archives anymore

nonlinear
01-05-2009, 12:14 PM
still can't get the 'get album artwork' feature to work... i haven't tried adding them in manually yet though, as that would take me forever and i'm not up to it yet.

i'm not surprised, and I've had a ton of problems with itunes on my windows laptop. another major bitch is that when i try to drag and drop folders into my ipod, it adds the contents of each folder twice.

does anyone know of a good linux application for dealing with the artwork? i use amarok for managing mp3s, but haven't checked to see if it can deal with art. maybe i'll check now

nonlinear
01-05-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, using Amarok in linux, there is a feature called "cover manager." i simply went in there, clicked on 'fetch missing covers" and within a minute i had all the covers on my ipod. fucking amazing.

EDIT: except they didn't actaully go onto my ipod yet, i'm guessing they're jsut stored in amarok. now to see if i can get them onto the ipod