PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Red Cichlids

cidley69
12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
anyone on here raise cichlids? my tank is being overrun by electric yellows! i'd like to buy or trade for some red coloured varieties if anyone has any.

beyondmike
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
sounds like my scenario. purchased 2 electric yellows a year and a half ago, now have easily over 50 in my tank.

Go4Long
12-31-2008, 01:14 PM
it's what toilets were made for :p

on another note...try www.albertaaquatica.com always people buying and selling cichlids there, although electric yellows are not exactly in demand as pretty much everyone has them.

sr20s14zenki
12-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Interested in convict cichlids? I have a bunch haha

4bier
12-31-2008, 08:59 PM
dump them at fish store

cidley69
01-02-2009, 04:16 PM
how come convicts are funny?

i had one for years, it outlasted every other fish in tank. the power went off once, my filter went down and stayed down while we were out of town for the weekend, and every fish in my tank died, except this tenacious convict! thing ended up living for years more before dying of old age (i think).

i have heard convicts can be aggressive. do you think they'd do ok in a community tank? if so i would be interested in getting a couple.

hit me back with some details...size, price, compatability, etc.

maximus5502
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
how come convicts are funny?

i had one for years, it outlasted every other fish in tank. the power went off once, my filter went down and stayed down while we were out of town for the weekend, and every fish in my tank died, except this tenacious convict! thing ended up living for years more before dying of old age (i think).

i have heard convicts can be aggressive. do you think they'd do ok in a community tank? if so i would be interested in getting a couple.

hit me back with some details...size, price, compatability, etc.

do NOT put convicts ina community tank unless its a SA/CA community tank.

try posting adds on kijiji, craigslist, usedcalgary, etc for trades.
If you want to buy some VERY good quality for for a really good price, i know a breeder here in town and can PM you his details. he wont take the yellow on trade as he probably has a few hundred for sale himself...LOL

GL and cheers,

interlude
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I have a butt load of pseudotropheus polits, the males are a light blue, and they light up bright white when they are trying to impress the ladies. The females are a rust color :thumbsup:

96integra
01-02-2009, 06:58 PM
...i've never seen a red cichlid :dunno:

I mix convicts with other african cichlids and its fine. They are known to be very aggressive though. Imperial has them for $15 for a pretty good sized one.

sr20s14zenki
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I see some of my convicts are agressive and some aren't, from what i observe. All of mine are less than 6 months old, so they are small yet, and i havent seen much agression between the siblings. Haha, anyways, if somebody wants a few, they are free to a good home, i just have too many.

4bier
01-02-2009, 09:57 PM
whats size tank you have????

as for red cichlids are you talking about jewels

maximus5502
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
there are many lake malawi cichlids that are redish.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=1
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=2
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=3