PDA

View Full Version : Pabst blue ribbon beer where can I find?

BigShow
12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Anyone know where to find this beer?

nonlinear
12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
i've seen it at the liquor store across from safeway on 4th street NW, just north of mcknight. i think they also have it on the liquor store by little caesar's on northmount and 14th NW.

Weapon_R
12-31-2008, 05:04 PM
PBR is awesome beer. Very popular in the states and less than 50cents a can :D

1997GSR
12-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Haha... Pabst is the best of the worst down there. I have seen it at Co-op before.

BigShow
12-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
ick. this beer has been shit since i can remember (early 80s). its trendy popularity over the last 5 years or so doesn't make it any less shit. pibber rhymes with hipster.

anyhow, i've seen it at the liquor store across from safeway on 4th street NW, just north of mcknight. i think they also have it on the liquor store by little caesar's on northmount and 14th NW.

Nice, I'll call those stores, thank you!!

Originally posted by Weapon_R
PBR is awesome beer. Very popular in the states and less than 50cents a can :D

Yea, its for my American friend, they love it there

nonlinear
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
from wikipedia:

"The beer is primarily known today as the choice beverage of the counterculture. In 2002, after years of decline, sales of PBR skyrocketed in areas like Portland, Oregon, much to the confusion of company heads. As it turned out, its low price and gritty, urban image appealed to the city's thriving hipster scene, resuscitating the brand and lending it a great deal of trendy cachet. Another contributing factor to its resurgence may have been the lasting popularity of the cult 1986 David Lynch film Blue Velvet within the hipster subculture. In the film, it is the preferred beer of antagonist Frank Booth (portrayed by Dennis Hopper); immortalized in a memorable line where he profanely declares the superiority of PBR to be above that of rival beer, Heineken."

haha, it still tastes like shit, though.

nonlinear
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
they may also stock it at willow park (?)

JRSC00LUDE
12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
About 10 years ago or so I drank PBR all the time, used to love it!

Mind you, I used to think lots of things were good enough for me 10 years ago. Like domino's pickup specials, my integra and the shapeless tube of a woman I called my girlfriend.

I really don't know how I got a J-body woman with a DC car, lesson learned I guess... :dunno:

psi_klops
12-31-2008, 11:57 PM
hahaha! I didn't even think this stuff was actually still around.
I hear the commercials for them on those 50's/60's late night radio shows

oster
01-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
About 10 years ago or so I drank PBR all the time, used to love it!

Mind you, I used to think lots of things were good enough for me 10 years ago. Like domino's pickup specials, my integra and the shapeless tube of a woman I called my girlfriend.

I really don't know how I got a J-body woman with a DC car, lesson learned I guess... :dunno:

hahahaha props that shit was hilarious

EK 2.0
01-01-2009, 01:39 AM

Listen, I like to think we are friends...I mean we both have Honda's, and tattoos..We both use our wit to make fun of peeps on beyond even when they don't know they are being made fun of...

But don't you EVER again make light of the domino pick up special...

JRSC00LUDE
01-01-2009, 07:54 AM
^
If there was an emoticon that showed me bowing down in shame I would be using it right now. :(

EDIT: Happy new year Arif. :) (you bastard)

nonlinear
01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
yea, you guys are really clever :poosie:

EK 2.0
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM

EDIT: Happy new year Arif. :) (you bastard)

The same to you man...I hope you have a great '09 filled with all the sarcasm, and "useless" posts you can conjure up...

Oh, and a great year outside of beyond too...:D

bourge73
01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I know where. I buy it all the time. Man nobody but me and my red neck buddies from TBAY drink this shit, great to bring it to a party nobody else with have it.,

NW off Harvest Hills BLVD North (Off Country Hills) Solo Liquor store they have it all the time.

Enjoy!