PDA

View Full Version : Huge news for the Ford Fan

Toms-SC
01-01-2009, 12:23 AM
SVT and TeamRS merge!!!! :clap:

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 4 – Ford Motor Company is strengthening its commitment to performance vehicles by appointing Jost Capito to the newly-created position of Director, Global Performance Vehicles and Motorsport Business Development. Jost will take up his new position in January 2009.

In his new role, Capito will be responsible for the global development of Ford's performance vehicles business. The North American SVT and European TeamRS performance vehicle organizations will come together, both reporting to Capito, to focus on the development of global performance vehicles, and the implementation of consistent vehicle attributes and DNA in future Ford performance models.

Additionally, Capito will assume responsibility for global motorsport business strategy and aligning Ford's global motorsport plans and programs. He will lead the development of motorsport opportunities for Ford's future global car products around the world, advising and working closely with the company's regional Motorsports directors.

Jost Capito joined Ford of Europe in October 2001 as director of Special Vehicle Engineering. Between 2003 and 2007, he assumed responsibility for Ford of Europe's motorsport and performance vehicle programs, leading the company's successful World Rally Championship efforts and winning Manufacturers' Championship titles for the BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally team in 2006 and 2007. In November 2007, Capito was appointed Vehicle Line Director for Ford of Europe's Performance Vehicles, and since then has led the development of the eagerly-awaited new Focus RS road car which will be launched in Europe in the first quarter of 2009. He was also responsible for European Fiesta ST and Focus ST performance models.

Jost Capito is 50 years old, and currently lives with his family in the UK. In his new position, he will relocate to Ford's World Headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.

"Performance vehicles and motorsport have been important to Ford since the company was founded more than a century ago. With Jost's immense experience in both areas, performance vehicles and motorsport, we expect that tradition to continue and be strengthened within our One Ford strategy," said Hermann Salenbauch, Director of Advanced Product Creation and Performance Vehicles, Ford Motor Company.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/04/ford-names-new-head-of-svt-and-team-rs/

Graham_A_M
01-01-2009, 01:50 AM
That is sweet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just came back from Advantage Ford, They have a '08 Foose edition F-150 for $41k, brand new on the showroom.
450hp/ 500 torque. harley davidson styled: in a steriod induced Lightining truck.... for $41k.... Man it was SO hard not to... fuck
450 S/C'ed HP, frame twisting 500 torque bone stock.... Jesus....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :love:

Tik-Tok
01-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Just came back from Advantage Ford, They have a '08 Foose edition F-150 for $41k, brand new on the showroom.
450hp/ 500 torque. harley davidson styled: in a steriod induced Lightining truck.... for $41k.... Man it was SO hard not to... fuck
450 S/C'ed HP, frame twisting 500 torque bone stock.... Jesus....

If you do, don't buy from Peter. He's a fucking liar, and scammer.

Mr_ET
01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
This just looks like Ford is streamlining its processes instead of having 2 different performance divisions. Dončt really think it means anything that great performance wise coming to the NA market:dunno:

ExtraSlow
01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
It does sound pretty smart combining the European and NA performance teams. In this day and age, there is no reason not to be designing "world" performance cars.

treg50
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
^ I dunno, I think it does. Because of this, I think we will be getting the Focus RS in 2010 which is a great improvement over the Focus we have now. And the Falcon would be really good to have over here as well.

Edited: I thought we were getting the RS in 09, but I don't think so

corsvette
01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I just read that Ford has alot of new products coming out in the next couple of years,almost the entire carline is new.similar to what Saturn has done in the last few years.

Aleks
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Ford is in best shape out of the big three. They actually have some very nice vehicles out now and coming out in the next few years.

Toms-SC
01-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Dončt really think it means anything that great performance wise coming to the NA market:dunno:

The possibility is there now. TeamRS have some amazing cars.

Mr_ET
01-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Totally agree there now bring in a Fiesta ST, Focus RS and the Mondeo

dino_martini
01-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I wish the new Focus RS was AWD. I think its sort of nuts have 300hp in a FWD car. Of course, I havent driven it so my view is probably wrong.

The 2010 taurus is going to look like the Ford Mondeo, so its getting closer to being the Mondeo.

hockeyguy
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
my boss just creamed himself

Graham_A_M
01-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
I just read that Ford has alot of new products coming out in the next couple of years,almost the entire carline is new.similar to what Saturn has done in the last few years.
I think GM does too I'm waiting to buy a Volt myself, its Chrysler I'm worried about :nut:
I just can't get over what a catastrophic disaster their new Sebring is.... Like... .WTF were they thinking? honestly???
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I dont know... may luck be with them, in place of good ideas and sense obviously. :nut:

bituerbo
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Ford needs a sports car that isn't a mustang. They need to take a page from BWM, where they brought in the 1-series, offering it with powerplants lifted straight from the 3-series.

I'm no domestic fanboy, but I think Pontiac has the odds in their favour with the current offerings: Solstice and G8. They brought their internationally successful vehiceles to North America before any other domestic brand.

NickGT
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Ford needs a sports car that isn't a mustang. They need to take a page from BWM, where they brought in the 1-series, offering it with powerplants lifted straight from the 3-series.

I'm no domestic fanboy, but I think Pontiac has the odds in their favour with the current offerings: Solstice and G8. They brought their internationally successful vehiceles to North America before any other domestic brand.

-edit-

I misread your post originally. I'm all for bringing some of europes tech here. Lets see some hot little sport compacts from Ford. But I hardly think the mustang is a problem of any sorts. Its stellar sales are the sole reason the challenger and camaro were revived.