PDA

View Full Version : "Kick Back" mud flaps/ Spray on box liner ?'s

CK4500
01-01-2009, 11:51 AM
I am looking for some kick back style mud flaps. My tacoma has a 6" lift and 35" tires. Stock mud flaps won't work up front without being torn off before I reach full lock. Does anyone know where I can find some? (Locally they run about $400-500 for all 4 corners, which i think is toooooo much$$)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/CK4500/P8150013.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/CK4500/P8150009.jpg

Also, I have some chrome tube styles step bars that I want to spray black (box liner material would be most durable I think). LineX wants nearly $600 to spray my tubes. Rihno wants $400.....wtf? Why so much? Are there any places in Calgary that might be more reasonably priced?

ExtraSlow
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
You can buy cans of box liner at pretty much any parts store, if you don't mind doing it yourself. I'd bet it would be under $100 going that route.

black_radiation
01-03-2009, 12:42 PM
hmm thats crazy they want that much. They are charging me 560$ to have my whole box done over the rails (line-X) I'm having it done in about a month or so, I could probably call and ask if they could throw it in while they were doing my box and say its for me, you just have to pay the extra cost. They might do it cheaper than just it standing alone.

CK4500
01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by black_radiation
hmm thats crazy they want that much. They are charging me 560$ to have my whole box done over the rails (line-X) I'm having it done in about a month or so, I could probably call and ask if they could throw it in while they were doing my box and say its for me, you just have to pay the extra cost. They might do it cheaper than just it standing alone.

Yeah that would be awesome! I'm game if thay actually give a cheaper rate.

I found a product called "Herculiner" which is a do it yourself product for around $100. Just need to find a local distributor.

JRSC00LUDE
01-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Did you call Line-X for a price?

In other news, I sprayed your wife with box-liner.

black_radiation
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by CK4500

Yeah that would be awesome! I'm game if thay actually give a cheaper rate.

I found a product called "Herculiner" which is a do it yourself product for around $100. Just need to find a local distributor.

Industrial Plastics and Paints (IPP)

They are just off of 58th Ave and 1st SE down in the Builders park. They carry this, or at least they did when I used to go in there to buy supplies.

rony_espana
01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
The place across the street from hooters on barlow trail in the NE sells that truck be kit, and its only $40. I did my entire bed with 2 and it looks pretty decent. Can't remember the name though, just north of hooters.

Also when I was looking, there was quite a few people selling herculiner pails on kijiji, you might want to check.