PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Nintendo Wii

nonlinear
01-01-2009, 11:54 AM
i'm looking for a new or gently used Nintendo Wii console or package, preferably with box and receipt.

I am potentially interested in a package with an extra remote and nunchucks, and perhaps games like the new zelda, guitar hero and Wii sports.

not really looking for a package with games i haven't played before, since i've done that buying used consoles in the past and i never play them anyway.

anyhow, reply here or PM if you have anything :thumbsup:

and happy new years!

ExtraSlow
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
FS: Wii Package - Beyond.ca (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/247087/fs-wii-package/)

You are welcome.

nonlinear
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
^^yea, saw that one but i'm not down with the expensive service plan. i've bought those in the past and they were a complete waste of money. by the time my electronics break, the state of the art has changed so much that i'm better off just buying something new than fixing my dusty, old broken one.

in the rare event that I would have to actually replace a Wii console, my savings on other service plans over the years more than make up for the cost (especially considering price goes down over time).

those things are a major rip-off for the consumer... and stores wouldn't offer them if they didn't turn huge profits from them.

paulj
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
LOL!

nonlinear
01-01-2009, 02:13 PM
^^ you paid $410 for a console plus warranty, which is about $140 more than a brand new console (assuming $270). so that warranty cost about 50% of the cost of the console....

i'd rather save the $140 and rely on the manufacturer's warranty for a year or whatever. if something does go wrong after a year, i'm sure that $140 would be more than enough to fix the problem. If I need to replace the unit, at least i'm getting a brand new unit and the latest release version, etc. The max cost in this situation would be about $270 - although likely much less than this with price reductions.

i've bought service plans in the past and have NEVER used any of them. the only time i've had something break within the warranty period was when my nokia 6265i white screened - but i ended up buying a new more modern phone anyhow despite having a 3 year warranty or whatever. I now figure that with the money I could've saved on these plans, I could have easily just bought a new phone or TV or stereo IF somethign happened.

like i said, the warranty was 50% of the console cost. it's not like a house or car, where the cost of insurance is negligible relative to potential health care, repair and/or replacement costs...