PDA

View Full Version : First Murder of 2009 (in the NE of course)

TACO.VIDAL
01-01-2009, 12:05 PM
First Murder of 2009
CHQR Newsroom
1/1/2009

The new year has begun on a deadly note in Calgary. A disturbance at a stripmall in the Whitehorn area left one man dead and 2 others with minor injuries.

Calgary police were called about 1:30 New Year's morning to a strip mall on Whitfield Drive at 36th Street NE for a disturbance. When police arrived the fight in front of a neighborhood pub had broken up and most people had left--except those who were injured. A man in his mid-20s was rushed to Foothills hospital but died soon after arrival.

The homicide unit is questioning a number of people. No arrests have been announced.

R!zz0
01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow :banghead: :(

Gainsbarre
01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
What's the record for fastest murder of the new year in Calgary? This one clearly beats the 2004 New Years Day murder (which, if I recall correctly, was at around 4am).

R.I.P. to the deceased...

EM1FTW
01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
holy shit, that was fast

R!zz0
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I think Raminder Dhadda's murder was the fastest. :(

I think

hampstor
01-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Is the icu at FMC better than the PLC? They rushed him to a further hospital...

RIP

Kritafo
01-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I wondered about that as well, I believe when multiple people are hurt they take them to separate (if possible) hospitals. Keeps the stories straight when the cops are there.

Melinda
01-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

RIP
IIRC, they go to the hospital with the space. If the PLC and the FMC are full, they might take him to the Rockyview, even if it's all the way up in Whitehorn.

R154
01-01-2009, 02:07 PM
FMC has the largest amount of On-call doctors aswell as the most room. FMC for a long time has been an Immediate treatement center, then out-patient/ subsequent follow ups have been done through PLC. True story.

Kritafo however is flat out wrong, and I would like to let you know that you shouldn't assume things.

No matter what the situation, urgent care is provided before the police even get a chance to catch their name. end of story.

jdmSiR
01-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Rest In Peace

Toms-SC
01-01-2009, 02:54 PM
The tribal region of NE is heating up.

max_boost
01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
My wife's good friend works in the intensive care unit at Foothills and some of the things she sees and tells us is just :eek:

RIP

Shitty way to ring in the new year for his family/friends.

BlueGoblin
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

RIP

FMC goes one step further than an emergency room/ICU. They have a designated Trauma Centre - one of only a few in Western Canada. Its one of the reasons you almost never see STARS landing at any of the other hospitals in the city (save for the Children's, who do deal with children's trauma.)

For the badly injured, the extra few minutes in the ambulance to get to the Foothills is normally worth it.

r1_boii
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone know the name of the pub?

wiggaplz
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
oh the NE, what a surprise.

JfuckinC
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by r1_boii
Anyone know the name of the pub?

coyotes i think, right on 36th

AE92_TreunoSC
01-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

coyotes i think, right now 36th

My guess as well. I had to go in there once to use the washroom haha, it was a dump 8 years ago, let alone now.

STi403
01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Make It 4 People Gone R.I.P
Thu, January 1, 2009

Three slain at a Calgary restaurant
UPDATED: 2009-01-01 17:01:04 MST

By SUN MEDIA

Three men were shot at a Vietnamese restaurant, located at MacLeod Plaza at 180 94 Ave. S.E. PHOTO JIM WELLS/SUN MEDIA Three people are dead after an apparent shooting at a south end restaurant this afternoon.

Emergency crews were called to MacLeod Plaza at 180 94 Ave. S.E. just before 4 p.m.

Police were not available for comment but EMS Supt. Paul Lapointe confirmed crews found three patients at the scene.

No resuscitation efforts were made.

Police were hunting for suspects at press time.

1997GSR
01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
^ :eek: :eek: :eek:

zain123
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
wow..
RIP to everyone

wiggaplz
01-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Is it just me being pessimistic or is this city really going down into the dumps? Obviously, our city is growing and expanding and increased crime is to be expected, but even in my middleclass neighbourhood, there is constant vandalizing, kisd taking baseball bats to cars/windows, etc. Not to mention going out to the NE area of the city you always have to deal with some brown or asian fuckwad who likes to generally act like a complete dick. Increased stabbings downtown, etc etc...

lol, the city should just put a great wall around the NE/SE so all those fuckwads can't pollute our city.

ZEDGE
01-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

lol, the city should just put a great wall around the NE/SE so all those fuckwads can't pollute our city.

wow..

:rolleyes:

Kona9
01-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I take back my oompa loompa/ewok thoughts of Modded46. Maybe moving to Sath Kay-ra-lana isn't a bad idea afterall. :rolleyes:

Truly unfortunate. RIP.

Canmorite
01-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Happy 2009 :dunno:

The fuck is going on :facepalm:

badatusrnames
01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
I take back my oompa loompa/ewok thoughts of Modded46. Maybe moving to Sath Kay-ra-lana isn't a bad idea afterall. :rolleyes:

Truly unfortunate. RIP.

I'm sure there's more violent crime (especially involving guns) then there is here.

That being said, more people live in gated communities and are able to isolate themselves from that type of crime...

FlySi
01-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Whether all you ignorant kids believe it or not, 90% of calgarys criminals live in the west end of the city, all the grow houses are in the SW AND NW. 50% of the crimes happen in the NE but whenever it does happen all we hear is "only in the NE". I have lived in the NE my whole life, leave my vehicles unlocked and running for hours at a time, NEVER lock my front or back door, and have never had a worry or a problem. I would be more worried living in the "quiet" neighbourhoods on the west side, you would be surprised to see what goes on there.

Jeremiah
01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
Whether all you ignorant kids believe it or not, 90% of calgarys criminals live in the west end of the city, all the grow houses are in the SW AND NW. 50% of the crimes happen in the NE but whenever it does happen all we hear is "only in the NE". I have lived in the NE my whole life, leave my vehicles unlocked and running for hours at a time, NEVER lock my front or back door, and have never had a worry or a problem. I would be more worried living in the "quiet" neighbourhoods on the west side, you would be surprised to see what goes on there.

dude who are you kidding?

all of the murders in the SW are from fuckers from the NE.

CRXguy
01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

dude who are you kidding?

all of the murders in the SW are from fuckers from the NE.

You better be careful then. :poosie: :guns:

Tik-Tok
01-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

Yeah, because the whole 2 murders in the SE in 2008 were enough to justify that...

Calgary murder map, 2008 (http://www.cbc.ca/calgary/features/homicide2008/)

GREENBOY
01-01-2009, 10:40 PM
These guys will no doubt turn out to be in one of the two gangs...stone cold killers who sell drugs, weapons that kill people, ruin lives, murder and put innocent people at risk. If they weren't getting killed they'd be killing or fucking people's lives up in some way. The police can only go scrape up the mess and bang their heads against the wall while the gangsters and their lawyers laugh in their faces playing every trick in the book to keep em out of prison or greatly reducing their time served when they eventually get sentenced. And so the cycle go's on with no solution in sight. The cops stay powerless, the justice system stays laughable and nothing changes. That's the sad part.

1997GSR
01-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Global news said that these two gangs that are battling were actually all friends and belonged to a single gang in early 2000. The reason why they split into two and are killing each other is because two guys were fighting over a girl and one stole anothers jacket.

Not sure how true that is but if it is that is pretty fucking pathetic.

badatusrnames
01-02-2009, 04:47 AM
^^ So my question is, how long until they kill each other off?

Or, are these gangs continually taking in new members?

yue
01-02-2009, 05:16 AM
i'm not going to get too involved in this thread but unless you've been there/done that or have family that has/does this stuff you won't understand. your red is my blue.

you guys wanna know the real solution to drugs/gang problems?

the one day that having wods of cash, fast cars, designer clothes and sluts wanting to hang out with you are no longer cool.

zipdoa
01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by yue
i'm not going to get too involved in this thread but unless you've been there/done that or have family that has/does this stuff you won't understand. your red is my blue.

you guys wanna know the real solution to drugs/gang problems?

the one day that having wods of cash, fast cars, designer clothes and sluts wanting to hang out with you are no longer cool.

Maybe better care and attention to children during the stages that they are most vunerable to being sucked into this lifestyle is more appropriate. (awareness and education throughout junior high/high school, lectures and activities aimed at discouraging 'gangster' behavior). I know for sure that the lecture we had in junior high from an aspiring athlete-turned-drug-addict is what kept me from ever trying any sort of hard drug.

Also, we should enforce much harsher laws for violent crimes in general... maybe when kids like raul pavon flores get locked up for 50 years instead of 10, little gangsters will think twice before squeezing the trigger.

EDIT:

have never really been interested in sluts or designer clothes anyway... maybe those superficial interests come with the lifestyle :dunno:

2nd EDIT:

I think the real problem is the drug USERS. We need to promote sobriety, instead of waging war on the middle man (drug dealers). If we got all the junkies clean, and all the yuppies off coke, dealers would have no market and therefore no profit, thereby eliminating the issue. Maybe it's time for those who enjoy nose candy to stand up and take responsibility, cos you're the ones fueling the fire.

Eleanor
01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Sath Kay-ra-lana
:rofl:

coldmind
01-02-2009, 02:59 PM
It's gonna get worse as the economy gets worse. A chaotic time indeed.

C4S
01-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Shoot .. .

I just know the shooting yesterday .. was happened in DAYTIME??? 2-3PM ?? that is crazy .. :(

kutt3r
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin

FMC goes one step further than an emergency room/ICU. They have a designated Trauma Centre - one of only a few in Western Canada. Its one of the reasons you almost never see STARS landing at any of the other hospitals in the city (save for the Children's, who do deal with children's trauma.)

For the badly injured, the extra few minutes in the ambulance to get to the Foothills is normally worth it.

Truth.
When my friend was shot in the deep SW, they rushed him to FMC as Rocky View was not equiped to deal with his injury.
If they are heading to FMC you know it is bad and you should get there quickly.

ekguy
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I just don't know why people shoot others over such trivial things as drugs, money, territory...Fuck it's ridiculous...People are losing their loved ones, their friends, their family...This is getting stupid...

kutt3r
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
I just don't know why people shoot others over such trivial things as drugs, money, territory...Fuck it's ridiculous...People are losing their loved ones, their friends, their family...This is getting stupid...

That I can understand at least... not that it makes a lot of sense. It is the random crap that I don't understand.... Gun fire over a 'beef' or because someone is angry back in the day we settled it with fists behind Curly's. Then the knives came, now the guns... crazy times... makes me question having kids these days.

JAYMEZ
01-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 1997GSR
Global news said that these two gangs that are battling were actually all friends and belonged to a single gang in early 2000. The reason why they split into two and are killing each other is because two guys were fighting over a girl and one stole anothers jacket.

Not sure how true that is but if it is that is pretty fucking pathetic.

Global does not know what they are talking about lol. A jacket? no..

AG_Styles
01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow... if you think Calgary is bad... you live a really sheltered life....

msommers
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Global does not know what they are talking about lol. A jacket? no..

I'm honestly quite curious to know.