PDA

View Full Version : Need to burp, upset stomach in the mornings?

eblend
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello,

Let me start off by saying that all the stuff I am about to describe was non-existent until I returned from a 7 week trip to Asia (7 different countries).

Anyways, here is my problem.

When eating late at night (after 8pm or so), sometimes I have this feeling like I need to burp, but I am unable to do so, so I just get the feeling like I need to vomit. I never once actually vomited from this, as after an hour or so, the feeling goes away, but for this time, I feel like shit (my wife says my face turns blueish).

Sometimes this also happens when I have a stomachache and or feel bloated. To overcome this, when eating agter 8pmish I like to drive a coke, this allows me to burp much easier (haha, i know its gross). Now this problem does not show up much as I don't eat after 8pm unless its a special occasion and i am out in a restaurant or something.

Recently however, in the morning when I am still sleepy and have to go out for a drive somewhere, if I eat anything before hand, the same symptoms come back.

Does anyone know what my problem may be? I will be going to see the doctor in a few weeks but this has been so infrequent that I haven't bothered and just took it as it was, but twice in the last 2 mornings (once I went snowboarding and driving to lake louise feeling like shit sucked) and the second time was this mornign when me and the wife went to see the sunrise. I feel like I need to do something since I don't feel well so well during mornings or at nights. I never have this problem during the day time.

Any recommendation from anyone on what this may be would be very appreciated.

PeterGTiR
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Maybe heartburn?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartburn

kaput
01-01-2009, 02:58 PM

eblend
01-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Sorry forgot to mention, i took the trip in March/April of 2007. It has never been an issue in the morning, only sometimes at night (i remember the first occurance when I went to cheese cake cake at about 11PM with some friends) shortly after I came back.

I don't think its heartburn as my symptoms don't seem to match what that wiki page describes.

Really I would say this started happening about 3-4 month ago when this whole thing started happening. I almost think that maybe it has something to do with my car and I get motion sickness (mornings only or late at night) as it seems to happen more often when I drive my car.

natejj
01-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Dude, I had the exact same feeling last night. I wanted to burp so bad, because I had just drank a beer... but all I could do was push up tiny bits of vomit, it was gross. Finally went away 2 hours later, but it was not pleasant.

I think I ate too much starch... 3 slices of pizza, a ton of spinach dip on bread, countless chips?