PDA

View Full Version : NHL game @ Wrigley Field

frozenrice
01-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Anybody watching this? Just turned the TV on it was the first thing I came across. :thumbsup:

calgarys_finest
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I am its a good game. I love the jerseys for both teams

rage2
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
been watching since 2nd period. I was hoping the weather would play a larger role here (it's retarded windy in Chicago), but it doesn't really look much different than a normal NHL game.

frozenrice
01-01-2009, 02:40 PM
LOL, didn't realize it was the 3rd. I just caught them dropping the puck and assumed the game just started.

S13_Ryan
01-01-2009, 02:49 PM
i wish detroit wasn't so god damn good. and chicago's jerseys accually look pretty good. they should use that as a 3rd jersey

D'z Nutz
01-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Both jersey's look good. I have a preference for the Red Wings one myself.

D'z Nutz
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Hahaha @ Conklin running off the ice to take a piss! :rofl:

rage2
01-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Has Conklin played every winter classic? It seems like I see him at every outdoors game haha.

justincalgary
01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
He sure was, played in net for Edmonton, then Pittsburgh and now Detroit.

JRSC00LUDE
01-01-2009, 04:20 PM
fuck i just woke up. missed it.

vipstyle2
01-01-2009, 04:57 PM
I already have BOTH jerseys =] Woot ! so sexy , I'm loving the detroit throwback soo nice ! =]

88CRX
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Was actually a decently entertaining hockey game.

Hope there's a Calgary/Vancouver one soon.

Mibz
01-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary
He sure was, played in net for Edmonton, then Pittsburgh and now Detroit. That's crazy.

Rocky
01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Kind of silly that Conklin has played in all three of them.

Game looked like a lot of fun. I caught the end of the third period. Detroit shouldn't feature in these games though, they're too damn strong, haha. That shootout finish last year with the Pens/Sabres was an awesome way to finish a Winter Classic. Overall I love the Classic, I hope they continue to do it in a meaningful way (exhibition game would be pointless).

I hear the new Yankee Stadium or Fenway might be the site of the next one. That could be pretty cool. Maybe NYR/Bruins?

hockeyguy
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
calgary or vancouver wont get one anytime soon, it will be teams that the league is trying to get back in the popular colum, so boston would be an ideal choice, maybe the islanders etc.

88CRX
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Rumours are a Pitts/Philly game or a NY/NY game or Boston/? game.

dezmarez
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
i don't think a canadian team will ever be in it
the whole point is to draw the americans and they could care less about a toronto/montreal game or van/calgary game

drewboy
01-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
i don't think a canadian team will ever be in it
the whole point is to draw the americans and they could care less about a toronto/montreal game or van/calgary game

dude the first one was in Edmonton.... Get your facts together

Team_Mclaren
01-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by drewboy

dude the first one was in Edmonton.... Get your facts together

yes but that was the heritage classic not the winter classic. The whole point of the first one is a trial. Because it was in EDM, it cant possibly fail. Now the whole point of the winter classic is to draw fans from the US. Not to mention not too many Canadian cities has the venue to host an outdoor game that sits 40,000 +

from tsn:

A return to Canada is also unlikely next year, although the Montreal Canadiens have expressed interest in a game at McGill stadium in November to wrap up centennial celebrations.

Toronto and Ottawa have long term interest.

With expansion to BMO Field the Maple Leafs would happily host the outdoor party. However, at the moment, there are no official plans to expand the 20,000 seat facility, so Toronto doesn't appear to be a fit.

Ottawa also has venue issues and while some believe the city could transform the Rideau Canal into a suitable ice surface, the costs of constructing a stadium atmosphere capable of seating 30,000 or more would be far too expensive.

The Calgary Flames say an outdoor game isn't on their radar.

Vancouver will be consumed by the Olympics next year, so the Canucks aren't expected to make a pitch and considering that the Oilers started what has become a tradition with the 2003 Heritage Classic, Edmonton may be out as well.