PDA

View Full Version : Guest Access...

Ben
08-14-2002, 02:34 PM
I've been thinking, maybe it would be wise to make it so that guests cannot view specific forum headings such as Events and Meets, and the Lounge/Ask Leo section.

This would probably benefit the site, because it would keep the po po from viewiung stuff anonymously frequenting a meet location...and wrecking everyones fun, as well as it would present a tamer image of the site when guests browse on and read the horrificly insulting info in the ask leo section (to members its funny, but for people just browsing by, it creates a false image of the site...

This is my opinion though...

rage2
08-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Good idea. I think "Ask Leo" is the only forum that really needs to be hidden...

Ferio_vti
08-14-2002, 02:41 PM
That'd be a good idea.
Also, there should be some changes to the buy/sell. What's point of people from the US or Australia trying to sell us stuff??

Ben
08-14-2002, 02:43 PM
well I know some people surf the board as a guest (why?) but i think it would just solve any possible headaches...

I remember the AlbertaCars Big Bucket meet...how Ironic a police car showed up right when it was to start and he came out and ticked one of us just as we left...

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 02:45 PM
But the problem is, they can just sign up and then see the hidden board..

Ben
08-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
But the problem is, they can just sign up and then see the hidden board..

yes but for alot of people they wont take the time...plus at that point when they sign up, thier identity is a bit more revealed through IP...

I'm just talking about people surfing through or police...

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Benny

yes but for alot of people they wont take the time...plus at that point when they sign up, thier identity is a bit more revealed through IP...

I'm just talking about people surfing through or police...

Yeah, I guess it makes sense..

legendboy
08-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Buy and Sell, Meets and Events and Ask leo should me members only I think

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 02:51 PM
To be more safe, we could make it so they must be neutral to see some of the boards.

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Buy and Sell, Meets and Events and Ask leo should me members only I think

And suggestion/comment box.. So they would know they'd have to sign up to see the boards.

Ben
08-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

And suggestion/comment box.. So they would know they'd have to sign up to see the boards.

Whoa...someones thinkin...hahahaha:thumbsup:

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Whoa...someones thinkin...hahahaha:thumbsup:

I've got nothing else to do.. hehe

kenny
08-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Trouble is, if you hide all those forums, guests don't realize what they're missing out and don't register to see we actually organize events and such... :dunno:

[GaGe]
08-14-2002, 08:22 PM
Well.. We have 2 choices then.. Less members, or messed up events. and I'm sure less members is better than messed up events.

redline_13000
08-14-2002, 08:32 PM
great idea:thumbsup: