PDA

View Full Version : dilemma

RSeXy
10-01-2003, 03:51 PM
ok, this may sound childish...but how does one give 2 weeks notice in order to leave on good terms??

i've only been there for 2 1/2 months...and i am leaving to work with another optical company. technically i don't have to give any notice whatsoever as i am still on probabtion. if i were to give 2 wks, my last day would fall on the day of my 3months performance review. :confused:

thanks for any insight!

max_boost
10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
You can tell your boss in secret and ask him to not mention it to any of your co-workers! Then you won't be the subject of gossip and can go about your work like nothing is happening :D

RSeXy
10-01-2003, 03:58 PM
^^

with a store that is predominantely women?? haha...gossip is gonna happen.

Shaolin
10-01-2003, 03:59 PM
well i'm assuming you're already hired (or pretty much hired) for the other job, so I don't see the big deal in just walking in and giving the 2 weeks notice.. :dunno:

Kona9
10-01-2003, 04:12 PM
give the 2 weeks notice. that way you are not burning any bridges. What if the new job ends up kicking you in the junk? Then you would have fucked yerself over two times.

RSeXy
10-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
give the 2 weeks notice. that way you are not burning any bridges. What if the new job ends up kicking you in the junk? Then you would have fucked yerself over two times.

that's what i was thinking...

i will give two weeks notice regardless...i'll just have to live with them snubbing me out for the two weeks. i'm really excited to start at the other place, everyone there is awesome and they have a great reputation.

..and i don't have junk! i'm a girl! :)

thanks for the input!

lynds

Ben
10-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy

..and i don't have junk! i'm a girl! :)

Well then the female term is a kick in the box.

pinoyhero
10-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I would use your new offer as an advantage, depending on the situation you have a free option. Your obviously leaving for a reason, for example $$$. Tell your current boss that your are leaving because the other company is paying you more money. All he can do it a. congratulate you or b. offer to pay you more. However, if you have already officially accepted the offer with the other company you may not be in the situation to have this option.

RSeXy
10-01-2003, 10:15 PM
^^^

yes i've already accepted it due to more money and better hours. plus i don't get along too well with some of my current co-workers.

i gave in my notice tonite...they didn't seem to pleased..but oh well...i'm on to bigger and better things. =)