PDA

View Full Version : Fireplace help

2.2vtec
01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
My fireplace does not want to ignite at all. When I push the spark button nothing happens and it appears that the blue flame that is always there is gone.

Any ideas on who to get it going again?

TomcoPDR
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Furance companies or a gas fitter

RY213
01-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Is there instructions on how to light your pilot light inside the door panel of the fireplace? If youre in a newer area where all the houses are made by the same homebuilder you can try asking your neighbors as they probably have the same fireplace...

BigShow
01-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Read the instructions on how to prime it.

autosm
01-02-2009, 06:49 PM
you need to relite the pilot flame or the thermo coupler is NFG.

big A
01-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Like they said.It sounds like your pilot light went out.If you take off the panels on the bottom there is usually instructions on how to relight it.

frozenrice
01-02-2009, 09:28 PM
What brand of fireplace?
I know on ours you need to turn the gas knob a little past the high setting and hold it while you push the ignitor. Kind of like when you start you car, you turn the key to "Start" to turn it over and let it go back to "Run" once it gets going.

adidas
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Had to do this at the ex's one day! Cant rmr fully on how it went but i know that i had to turn the knob and then press the ignition light while still holding the other one and then turning it into the "on" position! But not letting it click out if that makes any sense!

There is instructions online and should explain it better then i just did!

HondaRice
01-02-2009, 10:48 PM
You have a auto pilot light fireplace, pretty common on fireplaces and furnaces for the last 20 years.

Check your igniter.

If it does light up but turns off. Check the Flame sensor, may want to clean it with sand paper or replace (some fireplaces have it just like a furnace)

The flame sensor is to make sure the gas is burning after the igniter coil turns on by electric current.

As suggested earlier, just make sure you don't get price gouged, call many places first. Sometimes they come out and bill you 200 and not do anything or even tell you whats wrong with it.

Also since its a gas appliance, be careful, make sure you only perform user serviceable maintanece.

Also, a carbon monoxide (CO) detector should also be installed in your home if you do not have one.