PDA

View Full Version : Weightlifting Chalk

liquidboi69
01-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Does anyone know where to get chalk for weightlifting in Calgary? I thought of MEC, but I don't know if this is the cheapest place to get it. Anyone know where to get the best deal on chalk?

kutt3r
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I would probably check with Samsons/Popeyes, their prices are usually pretty competitive and I would imagine cheaper than MEC.

Make sure that your gym allows chalk...

mazdavirgin
01-04-2009, 02:02 AM
The best deals for chalk? :\ I donno man I think you may be penny pinching just a bit too much. It is like 8$ for a liter/0.5kg of chalk at MEC...

Denslayer
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM
last time i bought some..it was in a store in brentwood mall... cant remember the exact name... "papaya something??"
it wasnt that expensive but wouldnt know if its best deal in town

ZorroAMG
01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Many gyms don't allow it, as mentioned....do check with yours.

liquidboi69
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Many gyms don't allow it, as mentioned....do check with yours.
I THINK my gym allows it. I work out at U of C, and I see guys with chalk there probably once every week or so.

Originally posted by Denslayer
last time i bought some..it was in a store in brentwood mall... cant remember the exact name... "papaya something??"
it wasnt that expensive but wouldnt know if its best deal in town
MangoFitness?

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
The best deals for chalk? :\ I donno man I think you may be penny pinching just a bit too much. It is like 8$ for a liter/0.5kg of chalk at MEC...
That's true it's pretty cheap. I'll be honest with you, ONE of the reasons why I don't wanna go to MEC is cause it's hella cold out and I'd be training it too =(

Originally posted by kutt3r
I would probably check with Samsons/Popeyes, their prices are usually pretty competitive and I would imagine cheaper than MEC.

Make sure that your gym allows chalk...
Will do. Never thought of Popeyes. But i'll check there.

elite
02-20-2013, 09:22 PM
hate to bump an old thread but anyone know where I can get some chalk locally? Somewhere in the north would be best. I know fitness depot has liquid chalk but I'd rather use the normal stuff. I have a popeyes near me so if they have it I can grab it from them but I'm not too sure they will.

shakalaka
02-20-2013, 09:58 PM
I used to have this liquid chalk stuff in the UK. Pretty much white paste that came in a bottle and you rubbed it in your hands like a moisturizer. Within seconds it would become dry and act as a chalk. Good thing about it was that it never stained clothes or created a mess. Anyone has any idea what I am talking about and where I can get it from?

iron_man888
02-20-2013, 10:02 PM
i bought a case of it recently.. haha.. probably overkill.. i would be willing to get rid of a couple if anyone is interested.. just pm me

suntan
02-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I used to have this liquid chalk stuff in the UK. Pretty much white paste that came in a bottle and you rubbed it in your hands like a moisturizer. Within seconds it would become dry and act as a chalk. Whoa, it's my ex-gf in a bottle.

theken
02-20-2013, 10:42 PM
samsons sells it, purchased recently, not positive on popeyes but they probably do

ExtraSlow
02-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Whoa, it's my ex-gf in a bottle.
I like this.