PDA

View Full Version : coco brooks take n' bake membership kit

nonlinear
01-04-2009, 11:53 AM
we were in coco brooks the other day, and i started reading about their take n' bake club. the guy told me that for the take n' bake club, you had to buy a membership kit that included some utensils (including a pizza cutter, etc.) to ensure a quality product at home, cause he said the take n' bakes can be kinda tempermental. is anyone a member of the take n' bake club? what utensils are included in the kit? i'm just curious what they would give you to avoid screwing it up. maybe something to help transfer the fresh dough onto a pizza stone?

EK 2.0
01-04-2009, 12:44 PM
I thought the take and bakes were frozen??

And then when frozen why not just throw it onto a pizza or cookie sheet for baking??...tools??

I have a bridge I can sell you...really great price if interested PM me...

nonlinear
01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
oh i'm sorry, the take n' bakes are totally different from the frozen pies. the frozen pies are, well, frozen, but the take n' bakes are made fresh to order and are uncooked - you do that at home. i'm not sure if they parbake the crust first, but i'm guessing they don't and that's why they give you the kit to help you deal with the transfer to the stone cause that can be a bitch. but i haven't done their take n' bakes yet, so i have no idea. hoping someone on here could lend some insight.

eb0i
01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Did you find out what the take n bake kit involves? You've got me really interested in now. I know a kid who works there, I'll ask him next time I see him.

EK 2.0
01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
posted on the Coco Brooks Website

As our food products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee we request you have one of our Take 'n Bake kits to ensure proper preparation of your pizza & Calzone. The kits may be reused over and over and are reasonably priced. Take 'n Bake Kit - $5.99 Oven thermometer, Black pizza server, Large pizza cutting wheel, 2 pizza screens, and laminated preparation instructions.

Helpful Preparation Tips for Your Enjoyment
1 - Move wire rack to middle of oven Hang new thermometer from middle of wire rack
2 - Preheat Oven to 450 F, using the thermometer supplied To check oven's accuracy
3 - Remove lid keeping pizza in pan Place pan on rack in middle of oven
4 - Set Timer
# Pizzas 1 to 3 At one time For 20 - 22 minutes
# Pizzas 4 to 6 At one time For 22 - 25 minutes
# Calzones 1 to 3 At one time For 18 - 20 minutes
# Calzones 4 to 6 At one time For 20 - 22 minutes
5 - After 18 minutes, check pizza, if done remove Or continue to bake until light golden brown
6 - Pizza / Calzone will be done When the crust and/or cheese are light golden brown
7 - Remove pan from oven And set on a hot plate
8 - Remove Pizza/Calzone from pan quickly Too long in pan will cause the crust to become soft
9 - Using black pizza server, lift Pizza/Calzone from pan Place on cutting board
10 - Let Pizza/Calzone cool for 1 minute This allows the cheese to firm up making a nicer cut
11 - Using the pizza cutting wheel Cut pizza into 4 pieces or Calzone in half
12 - Set pizza on screen, on the plate you will serve to the table
Hold Calzone like a pocket with the cut part upright Cool for a minute and enjoy
13 - Slide pizza off the cutting board onto pizza screen This will eliminate soggy pizza
- CRUST NOT BROWN? Set the pizza pan on cookie sheet, this will keep more heat at bottom

This is what comes with the kit...it took me 30 seconds to take a look in the Coco Brooks site for the information...

hrdkore
01-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I used to work there, basically you're paying for a pizza cutter. You could always buy frozen, but if you want pizza right away then tank & bake is the way to go.

babiedoll
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't get suckered into this....I fell for the deal and bought the stupid kit that I have only used once. I didn't think it made a difference with baking the pizza either....total waste of money and marketing scam if you ask me :thumbsdow

5000Audi
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
all this for coco brooks pizza :barf: gross...

TDFTW
01-19-2009, 03:42 AM
With the pizza kit you would get a cutter, a spatula to lift the slices, a thermometer, instructions, a coupon for a free pizza and a little hot plate that you could cook/lay the pizza on after it's done cooking.

not a bad purchase if you have none of it.

I've worked there too, as well as family who used to manage it and a sister who still works there.

Free pizza coupons ftw

Jlude
01-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

This is what comes with the kit...it took me 30 seconds to take a look in the Coco Brooks site for the information...

Better take a break.