PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

Jim Rome99
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I wake up on weedays at 5:35am, and I usually leave the house around 6:15-6:25am. What are good, nutritious foods that I can eat for breakfast? For the past few months I've been eating a large bowl of Vector cereal with skim milk. Any suggestions as to what might be better? Is Vector actually good for me or am I just as well eating crap like Lucky Charms or Sugar Crisp? Thanks.

A790
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I believe vector is decent. A fair amount of nutrients and protein and all that.

I have a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries. Has around 15g of protein and lots of fibre :)

ExtraSlow
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Try throwing your vector into a bowl of yogurt. Tastes awesome, and it's a nice change from the milk and cereal thing. Quick too.

EK 2.0
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Or heat up the milk before adding it to your cereal...

You will have to eat fairly quickly to avoid the mushy cereal syndrome...Unless like me, you enjoy soggy cereal...

Davetronz
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I usually take a plain tortilla and spread about a tbsp of low-fat peanut butter on it, then I take a banana, place it in the middle and make a wrap out of the entire thing. Takes less than 2 mins to make, isn't horribly bad for you, tastes good and gives decent energy.

Swank
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
I often add some protein powder to my cereal too. Tony's Turboz are pretty good too if you're after some early day protein. I hate eggs so that pretty much screws me out of buying a hot breakfast anywhere.

no_joke
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by A790
I believe vector is decent. A fair amount of nutrients and protein and all that.

I have a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries. Has around 15g of protein and lots of fibre :)

Do you eat frozen blueberries at this time of year? I mean, where do you buy your blueberries? I believe I read that frozen or not, the nutritional value of blueberries stays the same but not sure.

JRSC00LUDE
01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by no_joke

Do you eat frozen blueberries at this time of year? I mean, where do you buy your blueberries? I believe I read that frozen or not, the nutritional value of blueberries stays the same but not sure.

^

And that, is no_joke.

Redlined_8000
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Vector sucks.... You might as well be eating kids cereal. 44 grams carbs per serving with a wopping 3g fiber and 5g protein.... wow thats great. Most boxed products are crap.

Oatmeal would be better... cook it up with blueberries and milk. its great.

Steak and eggs with some whole grain toast will do ya too, there are tons of possibility's.

Isaiah
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Cottage cheese on toast with a poached egg and a glass of OJ. You hit all the food groups, get your fiber and nutrients, and it tastes terrific with a good energy punch.

A790
01-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by no_joke

Yessir, berries are Europe's Best, definitely frozen :P

kerry
01-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

^

And that, is no_joke.

Awesome.

pinoyhero
01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Sugar/carb load .... helllllls no, haha

eggs, meat, berry and nuts

Jeremiah
01-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Rice Cake With Almond Butter and Apples Cut up on it, with some milk.

I like that banana wrap idea though!

Dumbass17
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
i usually have 2 eggs on a whole wheat english muffin, with maybe a slice of bologna or 2

or either a bowl of vector or oatmeal

civicrider
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
im usually in a rush in the mornings so i eat a bowl of oats cereal, either yogurt or cottage cheese, a glass of 2% milk with some quick mass and some OJ

Darkane
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
When bulking:

2scoops whey with 10G Bcaa's for protein, 2 Bananas, 2 apples and a tsp fish oil.

When cutting:

4-6 hardboiled eggs, 10G Bcaa's, 2tsp fish oil.

I live an exciting culinary life I know.

Wildcat
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
For those who may or may not be interested in what i eat for breakfast (typical bodybuilding breakfast):

-16 egg whites
-2/3 cup of cream of wheat
-A fistfull of vitamins
-1L water

Darkane
01-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

-A fistfull of vitamins

Ah yes lol.

Jim Rome99
01-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Sixteen egg whites? Seriously? Is that healthy? What do you do, fry sixteen eggs and just cut the yellow part in the middle out or something?

How many grams of protein are in one egg white?

Oz-
01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
A typical breakfast for me is just an omelet

- ~250 g of egg whites
- 100-150 g of eggs
- 30-50 g of cheddar cheese

Weigh and mix the eggs the night before in a bowl for quick and easy cooking in the morning. Of course this is not a breakfast that I have every day, but you can alternate it with dry oats and some sort of berries.

Wildcat
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
Sixteen egg whites? Seriously? Is that healthy? What do you do, fry sixteen eggs and just cut the yellow part in the middle out or something?

They come in half litre cartons in 3pks, theres 16 egg whites per carton. I split it up into two bowls and microwave it, takes 3 mins.

Darkane
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99

Lol dude.

1egg white = 5g protein. Yes it's healthy.

They sell them in Cartons. Fuck my brother drinks, yes drinks egg whites out of cups. Maybe he'll chime in here :)

Redlined_8000
01-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Lol dude.

1egg white = 5g protein. Yes it's healthy.

They sell them in Cartons. Fuck my brother drinks, yes drinks egg whites out of cups. Maybe he'll chime in here :)

O man dont talk about the egg whites :drool: But they are actually not that bad.... unflavored Brached Chain Amino Acids, now those are bad!!!!!

Stephen81
01-06-2009, 01:03 AM
I usually split a carton of egg-whites between breakfast and a post-workout meal and just scramble them up on the stove (kinda wary about microwaving stuff but that's another topic)...any suggestions on preparation or good, healthy additions to the EW's other than the obvious cheese and such?

bashir26
01-06-2009, 01:24 AM
who has tried Eggs+Milk+Honey? Super tasty, and healthy!

A790
01-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
I usually split a carton of egg-whites between breakfast and a post-workout meal and just scramble them up on the stove (kinda wary about microwaving stuff but that's another topic)...any suggestions on preparation or good, healthy additions to the EW's other than the obvious cheese and such?
Red/Yellow/Green peppers.... NOM NOM NOM.

kutt3r
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL I love when the big guys talk eggs :nut:

I am 3-4 eggs max
I typically have a carton of hard boilded eggs for quick anytime protien.
Costco is great for egg whites.. scrambled or microwaved with a little cheese, pepper, chilli powder and whatever veggies are cut (mush, peppers, onions).
Whole wheat toast/nat peanut butter.

Weekend Smoothies!! (High Carb)
Scoop whey
Scoop greens
Scoop glutamine
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1 banana
1/2 - 1 cup of water/ice

Blend.
Add 1/2 cup raw oats and serve.