PDA

View Full Version : Acura RDX

Stringz
01-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Does anybody own a 2009 Acura RDX ? I'm thinking of buying one and just looking for some feedback. i suppose 2008 would be good too for some feedback.

Anything would be much appreciated

harv91
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
WTF is an AQURA? :confused:

Canucks3322
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
HAHAHA...Acura.

I love these things, only in Black though. Personally I would pick an Infiniti EX45 over this though, newer, looks better, more plush inside.

Xtrema
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
EX35 > RDX. Both are a bit feminine it their own ways.

Redlyne_mr2
01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
The EX is a bit gaudy looking.. RDX has nice sharp lines. Prefer the engine in the RDX as well, much more efficient.

dj_rice
01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
HAHAHA...Acura.

I love these things, only in Black though. Personally I would pick an Infiniti EX45 over this though, newer, looks better, more plush inside.

There is no such thing as EX45 just FYI

Kloubek
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
The EX is a bit gaudy looking.. RDX has nice sharp lines. Prefer the engine in the RDX as well, much more efficient.

Where are you getting this info from? Everything I've read says the mileage is very similar?
Originally posted by dj_rice

There is no such thing as EX45 just FYI

I'm guessing he meant FX45? I LOOOVE those.

friends who own and drive them.. the ones with Ex's seem to constantly complain about gas mileage in the city.

I think maybe just they complain more. That's hardly a scientific study! It's almost the same. www.fueleconomy.gov says the EX35 is 17mpg city, 24mpg highway. RDX: 17/22.

Redlyne_mr2
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Where are you getting this info from? Everything I've read says the mileage is very similar?
friends who own and drive them.. the ones with Ex's seem to constantly complain about gas mileage in the city.

Xtrema
01-04-2009, 10:47 PM

Same with RDX, it's hard to keep in under 14L/100km in the city. Turbo come on early.

Godfuader
01-04-2009, 10:48 PM
My Sis-in-law just bought one a month back. I think it is an awesome SUV. She got it will all the options (Navi, Speech, Camera, etc.) Definately more roomy than it looks, and solid to drive. She compared it to the Lexus RX 350, BMW X3, Infiniti FX, and the RDX came out on top. She is an MD and needed a solid and safe car that she could drive comforatably on a slippery highway.

Canucks3322
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
EX35 my apologies.

rc2002
01-04-2009, 11:20 PM
The ride quality is quite poor - It's loud and not that smooth. Power delivery doesn't feel the same as any of the other cars in it's class.

Test drive the RDX back to back with the RX, EX, and X3 and you definitely won't buy it.

rc2002
01-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Same with RDX, it's hard to keep in under 14L/100km in the city. Turbo come on early.

From a stop, I found that the turbo was on pretty much anytime you stepped on the gas no matter how lightly you went on the throttle.

Redlyne_mr2
01-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
My Sis-in-law just bought one a month back. I think it is an awesome SUV. She got it will all the options (Navi, Speech, Camera, etc.) Definately more roomy than it looks, and solid to drive. She compared it to the Lexus RX 350, BMW X3, Infiniti FX, and the RDX came out on top. She is an MD and needed a solid and safe car that she could drive comforatably on a slippery highway.
Hmm Im not sure how the RDX would compare to the RX, different class of vehicle.

Canucks3322
01-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Infiniti EX, Acura RDX, BMW X3...I love this mini luxury SUV's...is Lexus coming out with something?

kwazy
01-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Ok, so what exactly are you looking for in a SUV?

For me, the reason why I got the RDX over the competitors was because I needed a car that was a winter beater and to lug around misc items. Also, I needed a car that would carry my dogs (German Shepard) around without worrying too much about the leather etc. So far the car has been great to me this winter especially with all the snow we have been getting. I rarely drive this car, but for the past month or so i've been driving this car every day while in town.

Reasons why I went with this over the competitors.

-EX, drives great, has cool gadgets but is too small, basically you can think of that car as a G35 with a more shallow trunk (but allows you to stack things) So why not just get a G35 if you don't need the ground clearance?

-X3, A similarly priced car in the X3 would be much more money. Approx 5k more. Also, it's coming to the end of the model year and the car is started to get dated. Doesn't have as much power as the RDX

Pros of the RDX
- Good handling for a SUV with the SH-AWD
- Decent amount of space in the back, more if you fold down the back seats
-Good amount of power, you can put this car up against the other SUV's in the 0-60 in the 6 sec range
-Best bang for buck in it's class

Cons
-Turbo lag, almost got in an accident when i first got this car merging on the highway... *press gas*, lag lag lag lag *car comes closer* lag lag lag VRROOOOMM and get honked at LOL
-Even with the upgraded sound system, it's not that great
-Car can get loud from the engine.

Hope this helps.

Aleks
01-05-2009, 07:47 AM
I've been looking at these types of SUVs and I am amazed how small these vehicles are inside. I don't get it :dunno:

The EX35 has less legroom in the back than the Mini Cooper S :confused:

heavyD
01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I've been looking at these types of SUVs and I am amazed how small these vehicles are inside. I don't get it :dunno:

The EX35 has less legroom in the back than the Mini Cooper S :confused:

These vehicles are frauds. They have no more interior room than compacts like Civic's and Corollas with the exception of the trunk. Automakers love them because they make better margins because the public will pay more for them but outside AWD/4WD they provide nothing you can't get in any compact car for alot less money.

nj2Type-S
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
i picked up a 2008 RDX with tech last summer (i wanted a g35 sedan but the wife wanted the RDX...bahh!). anyway...

basic pros:

- i like how it looks (it's preference but i personally like it. i own a white one)
- easy to use navigation package
- can be fun if in sport mode
- has a solid feel to it
- decent sound system
- SH-AWD!

basic cons:

- fuel consumption is terrible
- turbo lag is amazingly annoying and disappointing
- yes, it's basically a chick car....LOL..but it'll be my wife's car soo it's ok
- automatic transmission needs work

overall, i think the rdx is an ok crossover. it definitely doesn't have a huge interior like other suvs do but it's comfortable enough for our needs. i looked at the x3, ex35 and a 2005+ fx35 before deciding on the rdx.

the rdx w/ tech costs around 46k while the x3 w/ the nav costs wayy more than that. the ex35 - - let's face it...it's a STATION WAGON. the only other suv that i had considered was the 1st gen fx35 but sadly, the interior space in the fx35 felt much, much smaller compared to the rdx's interior.

some may say that the rdx is underpowered (240hp / 260lb-ft of torque) but i think it's just the transmission. i have a blast driving it in sport mode but i have to remember that it's VERY thirsty.

if i were to go back in time and pick up a smaller suv, i would probably pick up the rdx again...but that's because of the lack of variety to choose from.

psycoticclown
02-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I'm guessing he meant FX45? I LOOOVE those.

No 2009 FX45 either anymore. FX50 :love:

dj_rice
02-01-2009, 03:50 AM
FX50S :drool: :bigpimp:

Team_Mclaren
02-01-2009, 03:59 AM
^^ an RDX starts at 43K for a base and 47K for a tech . the FX50 is STARTS at 59K. Even the FX35 starts at 53K for a base model... good comparison for sure... :facepalm:

Hmm Im not sure how the RDX would compare to the RX, different class of vehicle.

whys that? they cost relatively the same (base to base). The RX is somewhat bigger but overall, its very close.

OP: have you looked into the GLK? i know its not the greatest looking but looks to be fairly well equipped for 42K.

bignerd
02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Really nice ride, but I found it retarded that the seats in the back do not fold flat. Made the whole SUV useless to me as I was looking for a vehicle with more space.

bignerd
02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

These vehicles are frauds. They have no more interior room than compacts like Civic's and Corollas with the exception of the trunk. Automakers love them because they make better margins because the public will pay more for them but outside AWD/4WD they provide nothing you can't get in any compact car for alot less money.

I looked at the RDX, CRV but noticed the same thing. I needed space to load stuff in and out of. Ended up buying a Honda Element, while not the coolest car out there (I like it) you can't deny it has ROOM on the inside. Take the backseats out and your options for what you want to haul are endless. Square does equal good sometimes.

atgilchrist
02-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe check out the Murano:dunno: It's the same size as the FX35 (bigger than the mdx), good power, about the same price. Mine's an 03 and still runs like new.

ps: I'll second the FX50S :drool: :bigpimp: