PDA

View Full Version : UPS and broken stuff!

old&slow
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=056_1230760051

Hope he don't live around here!!

86max
01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Down with Brown.

They've damaged so many things I've shipped through them, even when they are very safely packaged. And then they have the balls to deny any wrongdoing and slap you with all their brokerage fees.

Garbage company, do not use.

wardpr68
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
hahahah. That video is awesome. That would make for a great bust when their CSR says "we are not responsible for damages... we handle everything with extreme care"

But ya.. the company is garbage. I know when I am bidding on Ebay if the seller ships using UPS I do not bid, same with many websites. Its just a garbage company and all their fees are crap.

They once wanted me to pay brokerage fees on a product I never got. God they are dumb. :banghead:

nismodrifter
01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow. I don't think the paperboy could beat that throw.

D'z Nutz
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Doesn't dj_stylz work for UPS? I think we should get him! :whipped:

TACO.VIDAL
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
the truck was still rolling when he hopped out.

black13
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Jesus, I'm getting a computer shipped to me by them. Here I thought they were a trusted service, ttat's fucking ridiculous.

old&slow
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
You should email UPS that video and ask them to not throw your box to the ground!

Tik-Tok
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
big lol at anyone who thinks any other courier service doesn't have sh!t like this going on as well. Many a night i wish i had a video camera on the ramp...

ianmcc
01-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Here's a set of springs and dampers I received from UPS...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/02ztsian/100_0146.jpg
Nice. At least they couldn't really damage them, except for some paint scratches.

gatorade
01-06-2009, 01:06 AM
dhl is good but expensive

revelations
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by ianmcc
Here's a set of springs and dampers I received from UPS...

Nice. At least they couldn't really damage them, except for some paint scratches.

Those are a PITA to ship and not get damaged as they are heavy and have sharp edges = cardboard box fail

Yes, UPS are dolts.... I know guys who would do that, but they would only do that to a light, soft package - other ones are too heavy to throw.... :rofl:

adidas
01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
My turbo back exhaust came in today! By the time i went from my room to the door the guy was already in the van ready to dip!

He left both my boxes infront of the door! Boxes are noticable to a blind person from 200ft away! Luckly i was home and was able to bring em in! UPS is garbage and i never liked dealing with them, it licks balls that 70% of the online companies in the US use them as a shippin source!

rumeo
01-06-2009, 01:46 AM
im a big fan of purolator, haven't let me down....so far...

DeeK
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by rumeo
im a big fan of purolator, haven't let me down....so far...

"so far".... you are one of the lucky few. I worked at purolator for over 2 years. The game we played EVERY night was to see how much stuff we could destroy.

Examples:

- We turned a BMW door into a horseshoe using the forklift.

- Car windshields, I don't think we ever let one go unbroken.

- 6 million dollars worth of poker chips is probably still to this day missing a few chips as we scattered them about the warehouse.

- Beautiful french doors, snapped in half.

- Custom fitted dentures, run over by forklifts.

- Plasma TV's + a forklifts forks = A pretty show.

I would say, all companies will throw, break, damage, etc etc. but the one that does it the least is probably DHL or FedEX. I'm sure people have stories to tell about their broken stuff from either company. But having been through their Calgary warehouses, their setups make for fewer chances to have things broken.

On top of that, since I have moved to Vancouver, UPS has not made a succesful delivery to me yet. Saying that they didn't have access to my building and sent everything back as return to sender. Especially considering, I have a door buzzer with my name on it that allows me to let them in. They have their own keys to my building, I've seen them used by other UPS couriers. They could have failed to deliver but left a note in my mailbox saying "pickup here...". There is a phone number on the label. Not to mention I specifically asked for each company I deal with to put a Call for pickup option, just so they wouldnt get sent back. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my stuff, as the companies I deal with refuse to use anything but UPS.

eblend
01-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

"so far".... you are one of the lucky few. I worked at purolator for over 2 years. The game we played EVERY night was to see how much stuff we could destroy.

Examples:

- We turned a BMW door into a horseshoe using the forklift.

- Car windshields, I don't think we ever let one go unbroken.

- 6 million dollars worth of poker chips is probably still to this day missing a few chips as we scattered them about the warehouse.

- Beautiful french doors, snapped in half.

- Custom fitted dentures, run over by forklifts.

- Plasma TV's + a forklifts forks = A pretty show.

I would say, all companies will throw, break, damage, etc etc. but the one that does it the least is probably DHL or FedEX. I'm sure people have stories to tell about their broken stuff from either company. But having been through their Calgary warehouses, their setups make for fewer chances to have things broken.
z

don't think you have much to bitch about since ur one of em dickweeds who damages peoples shipments...you admitted to it urself

revelations
01-06-2009, 01:51 PM
^ I dont think its intentional - when you work in a warehouse for eg. you drive the forklifts as fast you can....sometimes on 2 wheels (unloaded)....and you end up breaking shit from time to time without even trying.

Dj_Stylz
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Doesn't dj_stylz work for UPS? I think we should get him! :whipped:

Whoa haha. I don't deliver packages i work with customs lol. I should show the supervisor's this video though haha

em2ab
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I ordered a computer last month, half through UPS and half through Canada Post. If I remember correctly, Canada Post got from Calgary, Alberta to Mount Pearl, Newfoundland in 11 days and UPS got from Mississauga, Ontario to Mount Pearl, Newfoundland in 12 days. It was a shorter distance and took more time.....do not want.

shakalaka
01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I have had problem with UPS in Scotland as well. Similar to the flat door buzzing one...and most of the times they are unable to find a perfectly correct address and say it was the customer who provided an incorrect address. Invest in a freaking TomTom or something for fucks sake.

shakalaka
01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I have had problem with UPS in Scotland as well. Similar to the flat door buzzing one...and most of the times they are unable to find a perfectly correct address and say it was the customer who provided an incorrect address. Invest in a freaking TomTom or something for fucks sake.

nobb
01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I think things like that could happen with any delivery company. In the end, it comes down to whether the driver is feeling like a jackass or not.

Personally, I dont have any issues with UPS other than their stupid brokerage fees for USA to Canada.

GOnSHO
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by nobb

Personally, I dont have any issues with UPS other than their stupid brokerage fees for USA to Canada.

QFT!!

rumeo
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM
i hate how rogers uses ups to ship bbs/phones to and from you...always gettting lost/delivering to the wrong place