PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still racing trucks around here?

CalgarySS
01-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I have not been on beyond for awhile. Anyone still racing trucks around here?

I concentrated on the SS last year ( after keeping it in storage for a few years) and with some help, it finally hit the 12s.

For those that don't know the truck. It is a stock bottom end 4.3 liter v6 with a cam, boltons and spray.

Best ET = 12.9 Seconds
Best Mph = 103 MPH
Best 60ft = 1.6 seconds

CalgarySS
01-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Next year I will concentrate on "The Ugly Truck"

corsvette
01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
you have a syclone? i cant say i have ever seen one on the roads around calgary,my father in law has a sick one sitting around (3 bent conecting rods) just waiting for a rebuild,he just needs some motivation!

Justin_Inc
01-06-2009, 02:35 AM
right here

after building my GenI 383 small block chevy a couple years back, last year I decided to change things up.. ALOT

Currently doing a 'prostreet' build on my 89 Chevy Silverado Stepside. Currently working on the chassis (4link, Mosier K9 rear, box the frame, fuel cell in the back, all new brake lines + steel braided fuel lines, Big disc brakes all around with 4piston calipers, tubular upper and lower control arms, convert to rack and pinion steering and bolt on the ginormous 20"x16" Intro Twisted Matrix rims. Hope to have the chassis done this year, do the cab/box/interior next year and do the rest the following year. Doing a fully built 370 cubic inch LSX, and a PT106 turbo. The goal is 1000+ on pump gas and 1500+ on C16 fuel.

CalgarySS
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
you have a syclone? i cant say i have ever seen one on the roads around calgary,my father in law has a sick one sitting around (3 bent conecting rods) just waiting for a rebuild,he just needs some motivation!

Any chance that he wants to sell his?

I could always use a third Syclone...

If he wants some motivation, tell him to check out syty.net , There is a Canadian forum there where we all spend a fair amount of time.

Every year we have the Canadian SYTY nations in Edmonton. A weekend of dragracing/networking/partswapping.

T-Dubbs
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
ive got a trailblazer SS, if that counts.... id love to get some numbers this year!
speaking of typhoons, my buddy from ontario has a red (phonie) rwd+ 6 speed typhoon, that will be in calgary this summer.
maybe a meet is in order...
heres a link to his build
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62370&page=4

corsvette
01-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySS

Any chance that he wants to sell his?

I could always use a third Syclone...

If he wants some motivation, tell him to check out syty.net , There is a Canadian forum there where we all spend a fair amount of time.

Every year we have the Canadian SYTY nations in Edmonton. A weekend of dragracing/networking/partswapping.

I doubt he would sell it,he wants to stuff it in a sea can for 20yrs!he's from the old days,all he understands is V8 engines with carburators,he wanted to put a 350 in that syclone,i told him it would be worthless that way.thanks for the link,i will check it out.

Darell_n
01-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like there's a few trucks still around. I am doing upgrades on my 2003 Dodge Ram this winter. I've been at Race City the last few years with it. (Caltracs, Edge torque converter, upsized headers and turbo, undetermined engine & transmission controller, proper drag rims)

corsvette
01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Sold my duramax in june,i want another badly,it had a banks six gun tuner,speed loader,wastegate controler,and dual exhaust,man was it a fun truck with all that power!