PDA

View Full Version : Darkane gets RIPPED!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkane
01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Starting weight Jan 1 - 245lbs Morning weight after piss.

Update 1: Weight Jan 14th - 238lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=247689&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

Update 2: Weight Jan 28th - 236.5lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=247689&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=5

Mini-Update: Weight Feb 2nd - 232lbs

Update 3: Weight Feb 19th - 228lbs Thoughts: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2825683#post2825683

Update 4: Weight March 12th - 226lbs Thoughts on last post.

Mini-Update: Weight March 15th - 223lbs Sweet!

Update 5: Weight March 30th - 220.5lbs

Ok, maybe not 'ripped' but cut :D

Going to start a thread about my plans. This is not going to be a log, but hopefully some of you could take a thing or two from this and apply it your own plans.

So what have I been doing prior to this cut? I was simply lean-bulking and had a successful 6.5 months (June 15th-Dec25th). Body weight went from - 228lbs @17% body fat to 244lbs @18% body fat. The plan was simple 4500cals/day with a macro's of 425g pro, 250g carbs, and 200g fat.

Now, some of you might ask why was I bulking at 17% body fat in the first place? Well to put it simply, I had a crashed metabolism. I wasn't losing much fat, I was having mood swings (kept under control most of the time however), and my endocrine system was slowing down (Dropped test levels confirmed with blood tests).

This is a major problem among dieters who don't have much idea what they're doing. In my case although I knew what I was doing, I pushed my cut to long. I started my training journey quite large, and ended up losing around 70pounds. I could have pushed through but I was not making any new muscle and preserving what muscle I had was taking from the fat oxidization.

Anyway, on to the plan. I'm going to categorize this into Diet, Supplements, and Routine. The Routine part is going to be quite bland, I can't go into detail because of my Trainer.

Diet:

With a decent muscular base already what I'm looking to do is maintain muscle here. If I gain a pound or two of lean mass that's a bonus. As you become advanced it's more difficult to lose fat while building muscle.

So I've decided on this for the time being (Note: This is not my trainers guideline, it's something I'm going to run to ween off the higher cals)

Non training Days: 325g pro, 50g carbs, 150g fat = 2850 cals.

Training days: 350g pro, 100 g carbs, 150g fat = 3150 cals.

On non training days carbs are either consumed right in the morning, or if I happen to get the carbs strictly from veggies/nuts I tend to space them through out the day. I count nuts as a fat source and therefore don't worry about the carbs from them to much. I always eat the protein portion first, then the veggies, followed by the nuts or other fat source. Meals are split into 5-6/day depending if I'm on night shift, or day shift. If I'm on days off I'm hitting the gym and eat when it's convenient around the gym schedule.

Supplements: I know this will be everyone's Favorite so I'll go into depth here.

Some of you guys have probably read some stuff I posted when someone asks for Diet advice and I usually tell them to ignore "Fat burners" and thermos. Well I still stand by that, but this go around I've employed one for myself.

Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme. Info can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/new_hotrox_extreme

The primary reasoning behind this is for one simple ingredient, Forskolin. Biotest's version is Carbolin 19. Info for Carbolin can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_ultimate_anabolic_bridge

Biotests Carbolin 19 is a pure version of Forskolin. Forskolin is usaully sold in a 10-20% purity version and can cause some digestion issues and leaky gut. So I opted for the ester.

Forskolin has been shown to burn fat while BUILDING new muscle. Sounds to good to be true? Perhaps, at least in an advanced athlete, but as an intermediate I still could see some of that.

So, here will be a list of Supps to aid me.

-Fish oil (Obviously, see here: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/218876/reasons-for-fish-oil-supplementation-/) Going to intake 30g/day spread evenly through out my meals.

-Whey (Going to try post workout only. Lean meat is much more thermogenic and should work better for fat loss)

-BCAA's (These will be consumed probably everyday. 10g on non-workout days and 45G on workout days. I'll use 10g in the morning before my fasted Cardio and 35g during my work outs. More on this later)

-NAC (N-acytelcyeide or some shit like that lol. It's a powerful anti-oxident. 600mg/day) EDIT (Feb3rd): Almost done the bottle, gonna discontinue NAC use.

-Now brand Digestive enzymes (Mostly HCL in these bad boys to break down that meat!)

-Vit C (2000mg [2g]/day on top of my multi pak. Keep the immune system healthy)

-Hot Rox (see above)

-Super Pak multi's (Good multi Vit is crucial)

-ZMA (Zinc helps as an Aromatase inhibitor. Basically prevents androgen's from being converted to estrogen and supports testosterone production.)

-Tribulus (Although I'm almost out and might not get any more. Not convinced it works)EDIT(Feb 3rd)No longer using this

That's pretty much it there. The high fish oil dosage is primarily for insulin sensitivity, cortisol (stress) control, joint health and feel good factor. Helps alleviate seasonal depression. I'll throw in Green tea, about a liter a day.

I'll add to this section as I recall more.

Routine/Cardio

Gonna run a GVT (German Volume Training) 10x10 routine. Can't say much more than that.

For cardio I'll be doing it fasted for 30 min at a time. Fasted cardio is usually done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I will be @60-65% of max heart rate (120-125bpm) doing a swift walk. You don't want to be doing anything intense during fasted state as it will lead to muscle catabolization. So before my walk I'll down 2 Hot Rox, 10G BCAA boost and go. This will only be done on night shift and days off. During day shift I'll be doing cardio in the evening after work.

Good articles on Fasted cardio here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_fasted_cardio_roundtable

That's basically it for now. I'll add more as I see fit.

One more thing to touch on is my goals. I'm 6'3" and wouldn't mind hovering the 205-210 area. Doing some calculating 8% of 244 is roughly 20 pounds. I'm carrying 10 pounds of water at least, so mathematically I should end up in that area at 10% body fat. Although to tell the truth I think I'm about 20% body fat. I carry more fat in the estrogenic areas like upper chest, hips and back. But the calipers don't lie and I do have 2 upper abs sorta :D.

I also plan to have these as strength goals:

Bench - 275 1RM (Half second pause on chest powerlifting style. My arms are to long for me to be good at this lift lol)

Squat - 405 1RM (Going to use an 18" box for depth clarity)

Deadlift - Not sure. My herniated disc limits me here. I might do some Sumo deadlifts and wouldn't mind seeing mid 3's or a 405 by May.

KRyn
01-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Go hard Drakane! I would like to thank you for all of your advice, input and help. I am subscribed! What are your goals as far as body weight and body fat?

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Damn that's weird going from 228 to 244 and only going up a body fat percentage. Kinda cool actually.

Good thread though. I'll probably be posting in it once school starts (tomorrow). First weight training day of the new year should be tomorrow or thursday. yay.

JAYMEZ
01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz
Damn that's weird going from 228 to 244 and only going up a body fat percentage. Kinda cool actually.

Good thread though. I'll probably be posting in it once school starts (tomorrow). First weight training day of the new year should be tomorrow or thursday. yay.

Muscle build :thumbsup: .

How tall are you dude?

7thgenvic
01-06-2009, 03:40 PM
good job friend! Still at the Y?

1-Bar
01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
wow.....this is going to be quite useful to a lot of people on here. Are you doing this just for shits and giggles? Planning to compete??

hockeyguy
01-06-2009, 04:27 PM
keep it up!

Wildcat
01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I want to hear the rest. Who's your trainer? I may be motivated enough to also post some of my results over the next couple months.

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Muscle build :thumbsup: .

How tall are you dude?

I'm 6'4'.....

I could see a shorter dude doing it, but me being my height, I find it a bitch personally. 6'4'' 230 8% body fat......is probably my ideal height/weight dimensions.

JAYMEZ
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
I want to hear the rest. Who's your trainer? I may be motivated enough to also post some of my results over the next couple months.

:werd: , Ive been taking pictures for about 3 months now , and its funny to see the change.

A790
01-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

:werd: , Ive been taking pictures for about 3 months now , and its funny to see the change.
I feel you on that one bud. I look at my before pics and my early dec/latest pics and just laugh.

civic_rida
01-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Trouble with being tall is you gotta weight a bit to look huge.
Layne norton is around 230 and 5'10
So someone 6'4 will need an extra 30 pounds probalby to look the same.

kutt3r
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Subscribed.

I am sure this will be a good'r seeing as I am starting my cut here soon, and about the same bf%, get posting!

Hmmm.....I have a few friends starting their cut right now...
ABBA-Southern Alberta Bodybuilding Championships
June 13 Red Deer

Going to don the banana hammock?
:D

Good Luck!
:thumbsup:

Wildcat
01-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
Subscribed.

I am sure this will be a good'r seeing as I am starting my cut here soon, and about the same bf%, get posting!

Hmmm.....I have a few friends starting their cut right now...
ABBA-Southern Alberta Bodybuilding Championships
June 13 Red Deer

Going to don the banana hammock?
:D

Good Luck!

24 weeks out? That's a little much. 16-18 is generally the norm for comps, never heard of anyone doing more than 20.

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
good job friend! Still at the Y?

No. I live in McMurray now so I work out at the college gym. mmm little girls :D

Added more too.

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida

Yup i'm not huge but i'm pretty "big" right now at about 215 lbs. Another 15 lbs and i'll be happy enough to apply to some fitness Mag. Kidding but you get the picture, lol lol.

i love my height, but that's the only thing that pisses me off about it. That and hitting my head and tripping over just about everything. it's a healthy trade off :P

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
wow.....this is going to be quite useful to a lot of people on here. Are you doing this just for shits and giggles? Planning to compete??

Well, I want to basically take my body to my genetic limits naturally. I want to be mobile, strong, and look good Naked. Who doesn't?

Little side story, I nailed this broad when I was back in Calgary a week ago and she kinda got emotional. She wants a relationship or something blah blah.. So I told the guys at work and they're like well that's good you can take it easy on the diet now you get easy pussy.

So I said, fuck that. This is when I'll take it to the next level! If I got a decent looking bartender like this, I could have a 9 or 10 If I looked my best. So yeah I hate settling.

I'll never compete. I can appreciate a good bodybuilder, but greasing myself up and posing in front of a bunch of dudes while smiling is not my thing :)

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:20 PM

24 weeks out? That's a little much. 16-18 is generally the norm for comps, never heard of anyone doing more than 20.

yeah 24 weeks.....what the hell, lol. Don't most of the guys do only about 8 weeks for the olympia? Granted they are always in great shape from doing other competitions such as the arnold classic, but still....i think 2 and a half months to 3 months should be sufficient to get conditioned.

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM

That's what a natural bulk should be like. Dirty bulking is ok when assisted.

Another indication of the muscle were strength gains. Constant progression is needed. If you're bulking and not getting stronger or gaining muscle, stop make a new plan and eat cleaner.

Wildcat I'm being trained by Wesley Silviera, the head macheesmo at www.Ironaddicts.com

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Well, I want to basically take my body to my genetic limits naturally. I want to be mobile, strong, and look good Naked. Who doesn't?

Little side story, I nailed this broad when I was back in Calgary a week ago and she kinda got emotional. She wants a relationship or something blah blah.. So I told the guys at work and they're like well that's good you can take it easy on the diet now you get easy pussy.

So I said, fuck that. This is when I'll take it to the next level! If I got a decent looking bartender like this, I could have a 9 or 10 If I looked my best. So yeah I hate settling.

I'll never compete. I can appreciate a good bodybuilder, but greasing myself up and posing in front of a bunch of dudes while smiling is not my thing :)

Smiling? You got it wrong dude......you gotta dance Ronnie Coleman style. Check the link, hahaha.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dM8SlAlLAQ

For the record, anyone else notice alot of the hardcore BBers in the gym are generally douchebags? I've met a few and just because they have a brachialis muscle, or have their serratus anterior muscle showing they think they are king's shit and god's gift to women.

again, not to generalize, but i see this a helluva lot. let's hope OP doesn't turn out this way, haha. Bodybuilding's a weird sport. Brings a unique blend of perfection mixed in with narcissism and arrogance.

ecstasy_civic
01-06-2009, 06:25 PM

yeah 24 weeks.....what the hell, lol. Don't most of the guys do only about 8 weeks for the olympia? Granted they are always in great shape from doing other competitions such as the arnold classic, but still....i think 2 and a half months to 3 months should be sufficient to get conditioned.

10-14 weeks out min.

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida

Arnold was around 220 when he did Movies like Predator, Commando etc. 6'2".

Muscularity also is highly genetic.

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM

That's what a natural bulk should be like. Dirty bulking is ok when assisted.

Another indication of the muscle were strength gains. Constant progression is needed. If you're bulking and not getting stronger or gaining muscle, stop make a new plan and eat cleaner.

Jaymez I'm being trained by Wesley Silviera, the head macheesmo at www.Ironaddicts.com

yeah i've been working out on and off for a long time. I prefer to dirty bulk because i'm undisciplined when it comes to a diet standpoint. I have SOLID genetics and was born pretty ripped. A little unproportioned ripped, but still ripped, lol. I think that's why i've never hardcore payed attention to diet.

All i know is that when i'm on a cut i'll be on brown rice, skinless chicken breast, and a salad. Won't be good....actually it's gonna suck. There's nothing i like more in this world then that cheesburger value meal they got at DQ.

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Arnold was around 220 when he did Movies like Predator, Commando etc. 6'2".

Muscularity also is highly genetic.

Yeah Arnie was 6'2'' 230 from what i remember. Wasn't Zane like 185 or something? That's incredible.

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Yeah Arnie was 6'2'' 230 from what i remember. Wasn't Zane like 185 or something? That's incredible.

Arnie competed @240 yes. Zane was 185 on stage.

kutt3r
01-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Beyond my knowledge man, I just know the basics, not the details... You are probably right on the timelines. From what I have been told yes, starting his cut now, something like this, if it makes sense:

Finishing bulking diet
Clense
Reduced Cals/Maintence diet
Clense (I think)
Full cutting diet

I think there are different cycles that go along with each stage as well, got lost in all the different vitamins though.

I do know of the person who is giving him his diet advice and I think he is in pretty good hands. That is why I am interested in how it turns out.
:)

But this Darkanes post and we really shouldnt be clogging it up :)

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Smiling? You got it wrong dude......you gotta dance Ronnie Coleman style. Check the link, hahaha.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dM8SlAlLAQ

For the record, anyone else notice alot of the hardcore BBers in the gym are generally douchebags? I've met a few and just because they have a brachialis muscle, or have their serratus anterior muscle showing they think they are king's shit and god's gift to women.

again, not to generalize, but i see this a helluva lot. let's hope OP doesn't turn out this way, haha. Bodybuilding's a weird sport. Brings a unique blend of perfection mixed in with narcissism and arrogance.

I agree with the Narcissism of the sport. I'd like to think because I've been on the other side of the fence as well I'm ok. I've always been sort of an asshole, but that's because I'm a realist.

I got a great friend network that I've known for the last 15 years +. If I get out of hand they'll bring me back down so quick I'll forget who I am lol.

I'm still a banger at heart too. I love my metal and playing metal. I sometimes pull off the douche look at the bar just for the chicks. I don't know why they dig it but they do.

But I'm also at the point in my life where I don't care much what other people think. I do things for myself mostly.

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM

I agree with the Narcissism of the sport. I'd like to think because I've been on the other side of the fence as well I'm ok. I've always been sort of an asshole, but that's because I'm a realist.

I got a great friend network that I've known for the last 15 years +. If I get out of hand they'll bring me back down so quick I'll forget who I am lol.

I'm still a banger at heart too. I love my metal and playing metal. I sometimes pull off the douche look at the bar just for the chicks. I don't know why they dig it but they do.

But I'm also at the point in my life where I don't care much what other people think. I do things for myself mostly.

the douche look? lol i think that may be because douche chicks end up usually hanging out at bars 2-3 times during the week, ha ha.

anyway yeah i usually lift at around 8ish. I work out on campus so it's a bitch from 10-6. Right around 4 o clock all the douchey annoying kids leave so it's good from there. The only drawback is there's not usually many hot women. oh well......

Darkane
01-06-2009, 06:52 PM

the douche look? lol i think that may be because douche chicks end up usually hanging out at bars 2-3 times during the week, ha ha.

anyway yeah i usually lift at around 8ish. I work out on campus so it's a bitch from 10-6. Right around 4 o clock all the douchey annoying kids leave so it's good from there. The only drawback is there's not usually many hot women. oh well......

Haha. Well maybe not the look so much as the attitude. I have worn the odd polo shirt with a fauxhawk :rofl:

NOT often though

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 07:00 PM

Haha. Well maybe not the look so much as the attitude. I have worn the odd polo shirt with a fauxhawk :rofl:

NOT often though

did you pop the collar, sport a right bicep tatoo, have a flashy belt, have 2 earings, and white shoes?

:eek:

Darkane
01-06-2009, 07:08 PM
No, I'm an apprentice douche :(

wiggaplz
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
No, I'm an apprentice douche :(

lol lol sweet. what trade? i'm looking to start work again in the summer again as an electrician......gonna work out of town, so life should hopefully be good. 8 months should do the trick me thinks.

ZorroAMG
01-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Subscribed! Working on my new body as well.

bashir26
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
How do you eat more than 2000 cal a day? I find it hard.

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. How much more am I supposed to eat, and what am I supposed to eat?

I also take multi-vitamins, Cod fish oil and Creatine.

ZorroAMG
01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
5 or 6 smaller meals, that's how.

Darkane
01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
2000 cals is easy man. You probably get more than that anyhow.

Fast food meals have over 1000 cals.

ecstasy_civic
01-06-2009, 10:07 PM
2000 cals is easy man. You probably get more than that anyhow.

Fast food meals have over 1000 cals.

My buddy showed me that a double quarter pounder alone is 750cals. lol

So 2000 is a piece of cake, you probably just dont realize it.

civic_rida
01-06-2009, 11:15 PM
especially if you drink pop.

CivicTunr
01-07-2009, 12:01 AM
yah for darkane :clap:

im 6'0, 180lbs, 10% BF.

By feb i want 7% BF, but im going to dominican, so no bulking this year. Next summer i want to be 200lbs 7% BF.

civic_rida
01-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Darkane keep a log of your progression .

James
01-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Sounds like a good plan :thumbsup:
I've been hovering around the 200-215 range for the last 3 years, and its time to cut the excuses. I Started going hard on the cardio a few weeks ago, and I've committed to getting back to a slimmer, more cut 185-190 that i was a few years back and back into my 32" jeans lol. I should really get my body fat checked as i have no idea, but i would guess around 17-20%. :dunno: ...i already feel much better, Just need to resist the junk food.

bashir26
01-07-2009, 01:04 AM
how many calories do you have to eat per day to actually gain weight while your working out?

A790
01-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bashir26
how many calories do you have to eat per day to actually gain weight while your working out?
Depends on a lot of things man. You need to know:

+ Your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Basically, how many calories does your body burn just to stay alive?

+ How many calories you burn during your workout.

Then, once you know those values, you can design a diet that affords you a healthy surplus so you'll gain weight :)

bashir26
01-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by A790

Depends on a lot of things man. You need to know:

+ Your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Basically, how many calories does your body burn just to stay alive?

+ How many calories you burn during your workout.

Then, once you know those values, you can design a diet that affords you a healthy surplus so you'll gain weight :)

how do I find out this stuff?

A790
01-07-2009, 01:18 AM
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

^^ It's an approximation, but better than nothing :)

s dime
01-07-2009, 01:18 AM

how do I find out this stuff?

quick google search

*beat me to it*

A790
01-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by s dime

quick google search

*beat me to it*

:rofl: same link and everything :P

7thgenvic
01-07-2009, 01:26 AM
I should post some old pictures :) quite the change, and I have been gone from the country for 7 months.

bashir26
01-07-2009, 01:57 AM
wow i need to consume 3300 calories to gain weight including working out 3-5 times a week. That's a shit load of food. I think I'm going to invest in a serious protein shake.

A790
01-07-2009, 02:31 AM
wow i need to consume 3300 calories to gain weight including working out 3-5 times a week. That's a shit load of food. I think I'm going to invest in a serious protein shake.
Eat more. Eat dead animal. Devour that shit like it's your job man.

kutt3r
01-07-2009, 09:53 AM

^^ It's an approximation, but better than nothing :)

This is good if you are average, not so good if you are obese or muscular (which apparently are the same thing :nut: )

I prefer the Katch-Mcardle formula based in LBM if you are either of the above as it is a little more accurate, but if you are average, there might be a 100cal difference which is a couple of farts at day.

http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie-needs-katch-mcardle.htm

If you are having trouble taking in calories remember this:
Protien: 4cal/gr
Carbs: 4cal/gr
Fat: 9cal/gr

I am not suggesting sucking back fat, but I am a fan of higher pro/(good) fat diets. Try it and see what works for you.

JAYMEZ
01-07-2009, 10:02 AM

Thats easy man , I eat more than that to keep my weight stable lol.

kutt3r
01-07-2009, 10:26 AM

Supplements: I know this will be everyone's Favorite so I'll go into depth here.

Some of you guys have probably read some stuff I posted when someone asks for Diet advice and I usually tell them to ignore "Fat burners" and thermos. Well I still stand by that, but this go around I've employed one for myself.

Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme. Info can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/new_hotrox_extreme

The primary reasoning behind this is for one simple ingredient, Forskolin. Biotest's version is Carbolin 19. Info for Carbolin can be found here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_ultimate_anabolic_bridge

Biotests Carbolin 19 is a pure version of Forskolin. Forskolin is usaully sold in a 10-20% purity version and can cause some digestion issues and leaky gut. So I opted for the ester.

Forskolin has been shown to burn fat while BUILDING new muscle. Sounds to good to be true? Perhaps, at least in an advanced athlete, but as an intermediate I still could see some of that.

For those that care this seems to be the most quoted study:
Obes Res, 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43.
Decent summary:
http://fatnews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/3226/

Really curious about how this works for you Darkane, although the studies I have read are promising, I really did not like the subjects selected for the testing.

- 30 obese men... fat loss is ussually greatly exaturated in obese individuals, thats why they are used.

- What I found really promising was:
Total Testosterone
Total Testosterone: +17% in the forskolin group vs -1% in the placebo group
Total testosterone levels increased by 16.8 percent in the forskolin group versus a decrease of 1.1 percent in the placebo group.

Free Testosterone
Free Testosterone: +3.5% in the forskolin group vs -4.1% in the placebo group
Free testosterone levels increased by 3.5 percent in the forskolin group versus a decrease of 4.1 percent in the placebo group.

I think that this is worth it alone.

Yohimbine is fun... have you taken before?

Oz-
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice work Darkane. I know that you are working with Wes, but sort of routine are you doing for the next bit? (no need to do an outline, just high level stuff)

Any plans on using thermogenics if you start plateauing? How about cheat meals and any plans on shitloads? Your macro's are very similar to mine too and I love it, much easier for me to follow then a strict re-comp.

As for the 2000-3000 kcals per day comment. Use fitday.com to track your calories for a few days, that will give you an idea of how many you are consuming. From there you can determine are you gaining/losing/maintaining with that food intake and you can roughly determine if you need to eat more or less.

EDIT

Yes should have you re-read your original post, Hot Rox for a thermo. Forskolin is great, but you have to be careful if taking it pure as if you read the instructions wrong (like me) you get the shits pretty bad.

And Routine, still interested in what program Wes puts you on.

Darkane
01-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Oz-
Nice work Darkane. I know that you are working with Wes, but sort of routine are you doing for the next bit? (no need to do an outline, just high level stuff)

Any plans on using thermogenics if you start plateauing? How about cheat meals and any plans on shitloads? Your macro's are very similar to mine too and I love it, much easier for me to follow then a strict re-comp.

As for the 2000-3000 kcals per day comment. Use fitday.com to track your calories for a few days, that will give you an idea of how many you are consuming. From there you can determine are you gaining/losing/maintaining with that food intake and you can roughly determine if you need to eat more or less.

EDIT

Yes should have you re-read your original post, Hot Rox for a thermo. Forskolin is great, but you have to be careful if taking it pure as if you read the instructions wrong (like me) you get the shits pretty bad.

And Routine, still interested in what program Wes puts you on.

Oz,

Haven't gotten the Routine yet. Tomorrow or the next day.

I've been on the Hot Rox for 7 days now. No GI issues. The Forskolin is an active ingredient in the Hot rox so I don't have to take two separate items.

Also to those interested, I will be keeping a personal log. I'll periodically post my weight in this thread, but I won't have body fat until feb 20th or so when I'm back in Calgary.

Darkane
01-07-2009, 09:48 PM

3300 cals can seem like a lot if that's the most you've eaten cleanly.

Some things to help with consuming a lot of clean foods:

Nuts, Olive oil, cheese, eggs.

Make a 6 egg omelet with 2 oz Cheese, assorted veggies then eat a hand full of almonds 2oz. Fitday says 1k cals for that. Throw in 2 cups homo milk and 1tbsp olive oil to fry it in and you got a muscle building breakfast if I've seen one.

Oz-
01-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Oz,

Haven't gotten the Routine yet. Tomorrow or the next day.

I've been on the Hot Rox for 7 days now. No GI issues. The Forskolin is an active ingredient in the Hot rox so I don't have to take two separate items.

Also to those interested, I will be keeping a personal log. I'll periodically post my weight in this thread, but I won't have body fat until feb 20th or so when I'm back in Calgary.

When I was taking a Forskolin and Sesamin stack, I made the mistake of overdosing a bit on the Forskolin. Only need 1/3 of a 1/4 teaspoon for a daily intake. Read the dosage info on the container wrong and thought I had the stomach flu for a couple of days :banghead:

If you find that Hot Rox isn't your thing, you can try Forskolin and Sesamin or TTA stack also. Did the TTA for a bit, but lost too much strength at the time, which I later found out due to the nature of TTA being a decoupler.

bashir26
01-08-2009, 03:19 AM
for breakfast I usually eat 4 scrambled eggs mixed with mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.

or I eat 5-6 packs of oatmeal hot cereal. The hot cereal usually gives me 1080 with homo milk its about 1280 and a glass a milk its about 1400? I usually eat this for breakfast if I'm serious.

but I find eating the same things everyday makes my stomach bloated with gas? anyone else have this problem?

Darkane
01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

When I was taking a Forskolin and Sesamin stack, I made the mistake of overdosing a bit on the Forskolin. Only need 1/3 of a 1/4 teaspoon for a daily intake. Read the dosage info on the container wrong and thought I had the stomach flu for a couple of days :banghead:

If you find that Hot Rox isn't your thing, you can try Forskolin and Sesamin or TTA stack also. Did the TTA for a bit, but lost too much strength at the time, which I later found out due to the nature of TTA being a decoupler.

Originally Wes recommended the Sesamin etc. I read up on it and didn't think it worthy, but I wasn't as well read then. I'll take another look if the Hot rox don't perform.

Darkane
01-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Updated some supplement info and a routine teaser.

I might have to reconsider my strength goals. This might end up being a Mass cut lol. If that makes sense, I'll explain later ;)

Oz-
01-10-2009, 01:04 AM

I might have to reconsider my strength goals. This might end up being a Mass cut lol. If that makes sense, I'll explain later ;)

Holy crap GVT!!! hahah good luck. After that 10x10 squat session have a feeling that you will be taking a nap on the floor after the last rep.

Wildcat
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM

What gym are you currently training out of? I checked your update, make sure you get the timing right for all your supplements. ie. combo the whey with the bcaa, fish oil, and digestive enzymes 3 times a day between meals. Also look up vanadyl sulphate and chromium piconate, you're going to want to add those to your shakes aswell.

All the vitamins can be taken at breakfast, maybe throw in some vitamin D during winter months. The ZMA should be taken right before bed, maybe with some melatonin to increase your total sleep time.

I wouldn't bother with the tribulus or nac. Consider adding creatine and glutamine to your shakes, a small caff/eph dose before workouts on those 'slow' days. Add some sort of kidney/bladder complex, lower bowl complex and cranberry complex at your 4th or 5th meal.

Everything looks top notch. These are just a few little tweaks that will help you on your way.

Darkane
01-10-2009, 10:04 PM

What gym are you currently training out of? I checked your update, make sure you get the timing right for all your supplements. ie. combo the whey with the bcaa, fish oil, and digestive enzymes 3 times a day between meals. Also look up vanadyl sulphate and chromium piconate, you're going to want to add those to your shakes aswell.

All the vitamins can be taken at breakfast, maybe throw in some vitamin D during winter months. The ZMA should be taken right before bed, maybe with some melatonin to increase your total sleep time.

I wouldn't bother with the tribulus or nac. Consider adding creatine and glutamine to your shakes, a small caff/eph dose before workouts on those 'slow' days. Add some sort of kidney/bladder complex, lower bowl complex and cranberry complex at your 4th or 5th meal.

Everything looks top notch. These are just a few little tweaks that will help you on your way.

Good post man thanks.

For the most part I'm on the same page as you. Tribulus is out for sure, it's nothing. NAC I might ditch too.

I'm considering adding more Vit D, but maybe not just yet. I think I might alternate my fish oils with a cod liver for the Added vit D.

ZMA is taken 20min before bed without, or trace calcium from last meal.

BCAA's are taken in the morning during fasted cardio. When I'm not doing cardio I add whey as well for the complete protein. For my last month or two (depending on progress) I might hammer the old BCAA protocol. 15G in between meals x4/day. I will only do this if I need to drastically cut cals (<2000/day). I would probably add some glycerine to my post workout shakes and supplement with dopamine for potential adrenal fatigue with cals so low. If you ask me adrenal fatigue is a myth. But who knows for sure.

As for creatine... muahah, I've never used it. Ever.

I'm saving that bad boy for when I'm truly stuck or at a plateau. My virgin receptors will love it, especially with a good base already. Lol I'm talking about it like I'm hitting a cycle for the first time :rofl:

Thanks for the post Wildcat, I'll look into the chromium and vanadyl.

ZorroAMG
01-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Faaack.... I am reading this thinking I don't have the TIME to dedicate my life to eating like it sounds like one needs to haha.

I am starting by making sure I have at least 4 solid meals a day (sometimes I have 1 when too busy/forgetful), working on the cardio and weight training and doing yoga for the off days to keep limber.

I applaud those of you that can make this happen...I will get there....

Darkane
01-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Faaack.... I am reading this thinking I don't have the TIME to dedicate my life to eating like it sounds like one needs to haha.

I am starting by making sure I have at least 4 solid meals a day (sometimes I have 1 when too busy/forgetful), working on the cardio and weight training and doing yoga for the off days to keep limber.

I applaud those of you that can make this happen...I will get there....

Not necessarily my friend. I've been blessed with less than stellar genetics lol.

Maybe you're like me, I don't know, but I have to do things this way by the book to even see results.

My path would have been powerlifter, but my back had other plans. So now it's look the best I can.

I just have TERRIBLE insulin sensitivity. Like real bad.. I get fat looking at food. I'd much rather be a skinny fuck because I know all I'd have to do would be bulk to stay big! And yes, skinny guys who are reading this all you have to do is eat like a horse and lift HARD. You'll get big.

Example: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/roundtable_the_cure_for_skinny

Darkane
01-13-2009, 10:00 PM
So yes, I will be doing a 10x10 GVT routine.

It's going to lick balls, but it will allow me to push past my comfort zone, past my mental limitations.

I also plan to puke maybe once or twice lol. I've come close but never let go in the gym.

I'm pretty excited about this for two reasons:

1) I've never done a GVT routine before and I'm curious to see how I react to it. I might even see some size newb gains while cutting! This could only work in my situation seeing how I rest for a full 5 days after my 5 days of the gym (work schedule)

2) I also must carb up after every gym session. The grueling number of reps will suck the glycogen from the carbs like a sponge. I should almost be back into Ketosis (or close) within the day. I got Ketostix to check anyway.

Questions, comments let em fly. Gonna post a weight tomorrow too, lets just say 2 weeks in I'm pleased.

Mibz
01-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I puked after my first ever gym session. I haven't had a Wendy's salad since.

B20EF
01-14-2009, 06:07 AM
[B] I just have TERRIBLE insulin sensitivity. Like real bad.. I get fat looking at food. ]

Haha, I rememeber those days for you J-lo, you've come a long way, good luck with the new plans :thumbsup:

Darkane
01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by B20EF

Haha, I rememeber those days for you J-lo, you've come a long way, good luck with the new plans :thumbsup:

Thanks dude :D

Updated main page with 2 week update.

So, 8 pounds in two weeks. That's pretty good I'd say.

However it's not all fat lol. I'm calling AT LEAST 5 pounds of it as water.

The way my trend went is like this for the first 4 days:

Jan 1 - 245
Jan 2 - 242.5
Jan 3 - 240
Jan 4 - 238.5

So basically I dropped weight that quick, which was water obviously and maybe a pound of fat. Took me another 10 days to do 1.5 pounds. So now I'm in my groove anyway.

After my workout sessions these next 5 days my weight should jump back into the 240's because of the carbs needed after my GVT sessions *shudder*

All in all looking goooood. :thumbsup:

Wildcat
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Thanks dude :D

Updated main page with 2 week update.

So, 8 pounds in two weeks. That's pretty good I'd say.

However it's not all fat lol. I'm calling AT LEAST 5 pounds of it as water.

The way my trend went is like this for the first 4 days:

Jan 1 - 245
Jan 2 - 242.5
Jan 3 - 240
Jan 4 - 238.5

So basically I dropped weight that quick, which was water obviously and maybe a pound of fat. Took me another 10 days to do 1.5 pounds. So now I'm in my groove anyway.

After my workout sessions these next 5 days my weight should jump back into the 240's because of the carbs needed after my GVT sessions *shudder*

All in all looking goooood. :thumbsup:

Good job, what is your height for these numbers?

Darkane
01-14-2009, 05:49 PM

Good job, what is your height for these numbers?

6'3".

Just got back from my first session.

Arm day, but one movement was compound. So it worked a good amount of musculature.

Did 200 reps in about 15 minutes followed by 15 minutes low intensity cardio while finishing my BCAA's. Time to eat!!

bashir26
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
So I was doing T-bar rows yesterday at the gym and I feel like it worked out my arms more than my back?

Darkane
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
So I was doing T-bar rows yesterday at the gym and I feel like it worked out my arms more than my back?

Keep your back straight and pinch your shoulder blades at the top.

But yes, you will feel it in your arms because it's a compound movement. That's why isolation is not needed all the time.

Advanced yes, but beginner/intermediate can skip Isolation exercises as long as they hit good compound movements.

bashir26
01-15-2009, 11:38 AM

But yes, you will feel it in your arms because it's a compound movement. That's why isolation is not needed all the time.

Advanced yes, but beginner/intermediate can skip Isolation exercises as long as they hit good compound movements.

Got it. Thanks man!

kutt3r
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM

Just to add to this...
Your arms might feel it a little more at the begining just becuase they need to catch up to your back (BIG muscle group).
If this becomes a problem with your grip or forearms then strap up. I try not to use them often, but I will at the end of my workouts when my back is crying for more abuse than my arms/grip can provide.

semograd
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Darkane are you eating lots of pastichio now that your working out hard? how many calories does that stuff have? ;)

Darkane
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
^^ lol? alrighty...

Anyway, I said this wasn't gonna turn into a log and it won't but I have to post up about my leg day today.

It really tested me mentally. I've experienced nothing like that in a long long LONG time.

I only managed 75 reps on Squats with a modest 195 pounds. That is fucking nothing. Puts into perspective how much work I still need :)

Regardless, the sixth and seventh set were sheer torture and I almost quit on the sixth set at 7th rep. I had a mirror in front of me and I could see the anguish, fear and weakness in my face and it pissed me the fuck off!

Through sheer force of will and determination I put up 3 more reps. My form was breaking down something fierce, but I was still hitting my depth. I had to take 3-4 deep breaths between every rep just to stay aware. I had music blaring and I couldn't even hear it. I was completely lost within the lift. Crazy fucking shit.

So the next set I had nothing and couldn't put up anything past the 5th rep. I racked the bar and clung to it just to stay standing. 30 seconds after I regained composure and I walked away from the rack.

Yes, mentally I wasn't prepared for this, but next time I'm going to fucking kill it.

wiggaplz
01-15-2009, 10:43 PM
this threads still up and running, nice.

anyway, I just had my 1st workout in about 4 months back. Holy shit i didn't realize how out of shape I was. I ended up RACK PULLING 225 like a pussy, 4 months back I was ending my sessions off with 405 x 5. Epic failure.

Oh well.

Tomorrow I get to work the beach muscles (chest). Pretty stoked about that haha.

kutt3r
01-16-2009, 09:25 AM
^^ lol? alrighty...

Anyway, I said this wasn't gonna turn into a log and it won't but I have to post up about my leg day today.

It really tested me mentally. I've experienced nothing like that in a long long LONG time.

I only managed 75 reps on Squats with a modest 195 pounds. That is fucking nothing. Puts into perspective how much work I still need :)

Regardless, the sixth and seventh set were sheer torture and I almost quit on the sixth set at 7th rep. I had a mirror in front of me and I could see the anguish, fear and weakness in my face and it pissed me the fuck off!

Through sheer force of will and determination I put up 3 more reps. My form was breaking down something fierce, but I was still hitting my depth. I had to take 3-4 deep breaths between every rep just to stay aware. I had music blaring and I couldn't even hear it. I was completely lost within the lift. Crazy fucking shit.

So the next set I had nothing and couldn't put up anything past the 5th rep. I racked the bar and clung to it just to stay standing. 30 seconds after I regained composure and I walked away from the rack.

Yes, mentally I wasn't prepared for this, but next time I'm going to fucking kill it.

Volume training sucks... plain and simple, it makes men of boys.
Thats why I avoid it at all costs now... that and it sucks having to carry a bucket around with you on leg/back days....

Question for you though... Any concern with the volume training while 'trimming'? Looking at your cals and it looks like you are cutting some as I am hovering at 2500ish and that is a 500cal cut.

I am trying to decide from a powerbuilding routine vs. a 5/3/1 right now and I am not sure which to go to as the powerbuilding starts with high volume, only 5x10's for the first 2-3 weeks working down to 5's, 3's and topping off at 1's deload with 5's and cycle.

My main concern is the volume and lower cals chewing up my LBM. I have considered going to 0 cal deficit on training days with BCAA's of course...but really not sure which to choose....

Darkane
01-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by kutt3r

Volume training sucks... plain and simple, it makes men of boys.
Thats why I avoid it at all costs now... that and it sucks having to carry a bucket around with you on leg/back days....

Question for you though... Any concern with the volume training while 'trimming'? Looking at your cals and it looks like you are cutting some as I am hovering at 2500ish and that is a 500cal cut.

I am trying to decide from a powerbuilding routine vs. a 5/3/1 right now and I am not sure which to go to as the powerbuilding starts with high volume, only 5x10's for the first 2-3 weeks working down to 5's, 3's and topping off at 1's deload with 5's and cycle.

My main concern is the volume and lower cals chewing up my LBM. I have considered going to 0 cal deficit on training days with BCAA's of course...but really not sure which to choose....

Yes, I'm in a caloric deficit. The only difference is on Training days I carb up (150G). This is more of an experiment while cutting to see how the GVT will work.

The protein is still good and high, and BCAA's intake is around 45g on workout days.

Darkane
01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
So shit is still going good. Had my second planned cheat meal last night. Last night shift of the set our crew at work cooks a big dinner.

Cheat meals are actually beneficial as they can restore leptin levels. Leptin basically tells the body how much fat to burn.

The rule here is once you're done your cheat meal you must go right back to the diet. The problem people face with cheat meals is once they have one the meal turns into a cheat day. Not good.

I also didn't exactly go overboard, so today I'm feeling pretty good and I should be nice and carbed for my gym session today as well.

Stay Strong.

bubbley
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey Darkane wicked thread, where can i pick up this fat burner Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme locally?

How do you feel on it?

When do you take it?

Are you taking 2 capsules?

Thanks

Darkane
01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
Hey Darkane wicked thread, where can i pick up this fat burner Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme locally?

How do you feel on it?

When do you take it?

Are you taking 2 capsules?

Thanks

Yo,

Well first off just gotta say I'm very strong again stims. With that being said 'I' feel almost nothing with the full dose of Hot Rox x2 pills x2 daily.

I don't even know if you can get them locally, although I think Popeyes could order them in for you.

I take them first thing in the AM, complete empty stomach. When I'm not working I do Fasted cardio and they'll be in me without food and just 10G of BCAA protein for upwards of 35-40 minutes. This can be enough to get people really jittery and anxious, but I cope. Shit I barely feel them (Did I get duds?). I take the last two about 7 hours later.

Full dose as said above. I'll need more time to fully asses the product as I've never taken a thermo before, but I know how I cut without any stims. So far so good however.

Darkane
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey,

4 weeks in. What can I say? On paper it looks like I've stalled.

Only managed 1.5lbs last 2 weeks. This in itself would cause most people to quit a diet/routine, but let me tell you something I've learned.

FAT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR.

It will come off fast and then slow almost to a halt, and then come off again. I don't know why.. Well I do for the most part but I won't get into it here.

Another thing I wanted to mention is I swear to god I've gotten leaner, like at least 2-3% body fat worth. My quads are starting to separate just a bit, I'm getting a little bit of cold calf vascularity too. Before I'd only have the veins when pumped.

Also another thing to note, this is again only my third day on super low carbs. The last few days were training days and therefore more carbs. Carbs bring in water, scale goes up. It's a mind fuck if you don't know lol.

Salt also effects weight, salt retains water. Scale goes up :D I accidentally mini-salt loaded and didn't realize it till today. Oh well.

Just to confirm my suspicions (I think In the next two days I'll drop 2 more pounds) I'll make a mini-update In a few days.

Cals are coming down to 2450 on non-training days and around 2700-2800 on training days. Down 400/day for this next month. That should keep me going good. Up until now I've still been eating enough to actually build some mass, and I might have. 1-2 pounds of lean mass might have snuck in because of the new routine, and the Carbolin 19 in the Hot Rox. I can't confirm this until around Feb 20th because of no Calipers up here. oh well.

That is all,

Stay Strong.

Darkane
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
So there we go. 232lbs morning weight post piss.

13 pounds so far including water. Everything is still going smooth.

Just wanted to point out some interesting stuff I stumbled across, or was just a coincidence. After my cheat meal and my regular workout days when I consume carbs, my body is obviously not in Ketosis. This time it only took 6 days for me to get into Ketosis. I know this because I used Ketostix I picked up from the pharmacy. I got trace Ketones the 6th night.

What's interesting about this is that same day for shits and giggles a couple friends and I tried to see how much water we could drink at work. At work I drank 9L, and throughout the rest of the day consumed another 2. 11L total, and at night I was down 2 pounds.

I'm just wondering if the increased water consumption aided in the Ketosis. If so this could be a neat little trick to jump start it. I gotta experiment more.

I've also added 5 minutes to all low intensity cardio sessions except right after workout. That will stay at 15min.

35min for fasted cardio and otherwise.

Stay Strong.

403Gemini
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
LOTS of good info on this thread, can a mod sticky it?

A790
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds good bro. Interesting to note about your observations on Ketosis. Definitely post an update with your thoughts in a few days.

Darkane
02-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Sounds good bro. Interesting to note about your observations on Ketosis. Definitely post an update with your thoughts in a few days.

For sure man. It's funny though, when I was eating at work I ran out of "Fats". I usually eat nuts, cheese, or eggs or something for fat with the protein.

At work I was drinking olive oil with every meal and a couple guys are like what the hell are you doing? I simply responded, eating.

They thought I was fucked, although they know my habits and what I do by now lol.

Oz-
02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Interesting observations and great progress so far. Have you been able to keep progressing from the lifting weight standpoint?

Started on Keto with a refeed when my lifts stall and can't say that it takes me that long to get back into ketosis after a refeed. I would say 36 hours max before I start darkening up the ketostix. Also, I normally drink 7-8 liters of water/green tea a day and it just never seems like its enough to keep me satisfied (pasty mouth).

But you are also doing PWO carbs and why it might take you a bit longer to get into ketosis.

Darkane
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
^^ Exactly. 150 Carbs on workout days. Up to 4-5 days in a row.

EDIT: Forgot to add.. YES! My strength has gone up a bit. This is real good news actually :)

bashir26
02-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I started doing squat exercises during the first or second week of January. I'm 5'11 and 170lbs I was squating about 95LBS when I first tried. I have gradually been increasing the weight. Today I was able to do 235x10...Its only been a month and I've increased 140LBS in squats in 1 month...Is this normal

Darkane
02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
I started doing squat exercises during the first or second week of January. I'm 5'11 and 170lbs I was squating about 95LBS when I first tried. I have gradually been increasing the weight. Today I was able to do 235x10...Its only been a month and I've increased 140LBS in squats in 1 month...Is this normal

Normal, no. Good? Yes.

Don't sacrifice form for weight. I see so many guys add pounds and do less range of motion. Most of those gains you had were neural. Basically your brain "learned" which muscles to fire with the nervous system to provide a more efficient movement.

Keep going :thumbsup:

bashir26
02-03-2009, 12:57 AM

Normal, no. Good? Yes.

Don't sacrifice form for weight. I see so many guys add pounds and do less range of motion. Most of those gains you had were neural. Basically your brain &quot;learned&quot; which muscles to fire with the nervous system to provide a more efficient movement.

Keep going :thumbsup:

Thanks! It's only that in my squat excercise I've seen large gains. Everything else has been normal I think.

Darkane
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Phew squat day today.

100reps of 187 pounds, to at least parallel.

70second rests. My endurance is getting better, this is good.

The way I'm planning progressing is to knock off 5 seconds per week on the rests.

The first week I tried 60s rests and only hammered 75 reps. So this is good progress. I got a wicked quad pump today too which is rare because of the lack of carbs. I'm figuring it was the increased BCAA's.

Some hottie was doing stiff legged deadlifts in front of my so maybe my test spiked and caused the pump :poosie:

Everything is good, even down another pound this morning lol. For the first time ever I decided to have a vegetarian post workout meal today. It was actually quite good, mixed beans, shitake shrooms, red/green peppers, red onions, garlic, salt/pepper/cayenne for taste. Simmered that bitch for 45 min and bam a delicious meal. I ate 2 oz of part skim mozza to complete the proteins.

Stay Strong.

EDIT: Don't think I'm going soft or anything with the veggies. I got 6 1/4lb elk patties thawing in the fridge! :whipped: :whipped:

bashir26
02-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Phew squat day today.

100reps of 187 pounds, to at least parallel.

70second rests. My endurance is getting better, this is good.

The way I'm planning progressing is to knock off 5 seconds per week on the rests.

The first week I tried 60s rests and only hammered 75 reps. So this is good progress. I got a wicked quad pump today too which is rare because of the lack of carbs. I'm figuring it was the increased BCAA's.

Some hottie was doing stiff legged deadlifts in front of my so maybe my test spiked and caused the pump :poosie:

Everything is good, even down another pound this morning lol. For the first time ever I decided to have a vegetarian post workout meal today. It was actually quite good, mixed beans, shitake shrooms, red/green peppers, red onions, garlic, salt/pepper/cayenne for taste. Simmered that bitch for 45 min and bam a delicious meal. I ate 2 oz of part skim mozza to complete the proteins.

Stay Strong.

EDIT: Don't think I'm going soft or anything with the veggies. I got 6 1/4lb elk patties thawing in the fridge! :whipped: :whipped:

Good stuff!

Lately I've been eating less because I'm just too tired after work and school to make some food to eat. I think I'm going to make a bunch of food from now on and just freeze it.

Anywho since January I've gained about 6LBS now I'm 171 not bad. I also finally hit the 200 mark on dead lifting! I can do 205x6 reps now. I'm pretty happy. Now that I can do more than 1x my body weight in both squats and dead lifts I should be seeing some good gains soon.

I've also noticed that since I've been doing squats and dead lifts my bench has increased, I can do more dips, I can do my tricep weights, more bicep weights. I can do everything with more and more weights. The interesting part is since January I haven't ONCE done any isolated workouts.

If anyone is still considering doing squats and dead lifts do it, it really works!

Darkane
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Good stuff!

Lately I've been eating less because I'm just too tired after work and school to make some food to eat. I think I'm going to make a bunch of food from now on and just freeze it.

Anywho since January I've gained about 6LBS now I'm 171 not bad. I also finally hit the 200 mark on dead lifting! I can do 205x6 reps now. I'm pretty happy. Now that I can do more than 1x my body weight in both squats and dead lifts I should be seeing some good gains soon.

I've also noticed that since I've been doing squats and dead lifts my bench has increased, I can do more dips, I can do my tricep weights, more bicep weights. I can do everything with more and more weights. The interesting part is since January I haven't ONCE done any isolated workouts.

If anyone is still considering doing squats and dead lifts do it, it really works!

Great job. Squats and Deads are amazing. Keep progressing and just watch your body transform.

No updates from me, I let my diet slip lately.. It's tough to stay strong sometimes :( Went to wendys and ate some shitty food...

HA! yeah fucking right. Everything is still 100% go.

Going to update in 4 days or so after my third planned cheat meal with thoughts, directions and possible weight. The weight will be altered because of the cheat meal so I may keep it out.

ZorroAMG
02-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Dark, what are your thoughts on Creatine? I haven't touched the stuff for years, nor have I been on it since the new year's new training program with Nate's BFS program. Should I progress naturally and hit C when I reach a plateau or just fuck C all together? Water retention = gay.

bashir26
02-08-2009, 01:22 AM

Great job. Squats and Deads are amazing. Keep progressing and just watch your body transform.

No updates from me, I let my diet slip lately.. It's tough to stay strong sometimes :( Went to wendys and ate some shitty food...

HA! yeah fucking right. Everything is still 100% go.

Going to update in 4 days or so after my third planned cheat meal with thoughts, directions and possible weight. The weight will be altered because of the cheat meal so I may keep it out.

My issues are right now just eating. Going to the gym is not so bad I usually go for about an hour max after school at the school gym. I need to focus on eating more and more a day. I think my weight has stabilized. I highly highly doubt I'll gain another 6LBS this month. I would be happy with 2LBS.

Also I should add i've been taking creatine lately. The container says I should be taking 4-6 for the first 5 days and 2-3 for the next 21 days. I find it hard to drink that much creatine even if its 3 cups per day. I've just been taking 1 cup or sometimes 2 cups per day for the past month.

bigbadboss101
02-08-2009, 10:55 AM
People say with the new technology in creatine you don't get water retention but I definitely feel clothes tighter, and the waistline bigger. Some water at skin level, and also in muscle cells.

Now how much gluatime and BCAA is good? There is something called Extend which has both, plus other stuff but plain BCAA and Glutamine powder is cheaper.

So lot of BCAA, glutamine, and mega load fish oil i a staple?

I am gonna go to the store and pick up lot of can beans, spinach, tuna.

Darkane
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Dark, what are your thoughts on Creatine? I haven't touched the stuff for years, nor have I been on it since the new year's new training program with Nate's BFS program. Should I progress naturally and hit C when I reach a plateau or just fuck C all together? Water retention = gay.

Hey,

How is Nate's program going anyway?

As for creatine.. I don't know lol. I've yet to take it.

I'm "Saving" some supps until I think I've reached a stall point. I doubt that will happen for the next while anyway as long as everything else is still tight. The next while I mean like 2 years lol.

Water retention isn't gay, it's awesome! Water retention = PR's! :)

Aesthetically, not so much hah.