PDA

View Full Version : Rant Quality Transmission/Rave speedy muffler

Black Gts
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
So Ill start with my rant about quality transmission on Hubalta Rd. S.E I had a problem with my 4x4 about a month ago, and I took it here for a free diagnosis:banghead: :banghead: . These assholes told me I needed a transfer case motor, and possibly a transfer case control module. The problem with that is I was originally told they were gonna put on a new one and test it. The mechanic never did that(someone else got caught in his lie) and proceeded to tell me this needed to be done, but couldn't guarantee this would solve my problem. I decided that this was a load so I had them manually shift the t.c into hi range again for me. For $600(Starting parts only) you should fix that shit imo..

Now my Rave. Last night I was driving and something popped on my front end, I pulled over and nothing looked too weird so I kept on. Only 2 mins later I heard some dragging/rubbing so I decided I was going to a shop. I had heard good things about the Aapollo speedy brake and muffler on Macleod tr by Mr. detail. So I dropped my truck last night, and went to get it in this morning. I arrived and they got my truck in right away. The shop called me 1hr later like they said(Unlike the previous shop) and told me what needed to be done. Well an idler arm, a hub assembly, and $800 later, my truck runs right and...... MY 4X4 SYSTEM WORKS:clap: :clap:

Should the tranny shop not been able to tell me that in the first place? I mean the hub assembly is a part of the system.

dj_rice
01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
This was a couple years back when I first got my 240sx and was a noob to the automotive stuff, let a friend test drive my car, he did a 5000RPM clutch drop and broken car, at the time I didn't know if it was clutch or tranny problems or etc. so I took it to Quality Transmission....got a call back, need a brand new clutch, master cylinder and flywheel resurfaced....after all said and done, the damage to my wallet was $980 IIRC....took it home, parked it, drove it the next day and the clutch started slipping already, took it back to Quality, guy came and did some adjusting to the pedal and then it worked fine but I noticed the clutch was VERY light, there was no give at all, you can push it down with ur hand easy and you barely needed to press down on the clutch to shift gears....I always thought that was normal with a new clutch but I guess I was wrong :thumbsdow