PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to WBG (Western Business Games)

R-Audi
10-02-2003, 09:23 AM
And if not, why?
For those who haven't heard of it, pretty much every University from Manitoba West come to Sunshine for the weekend, and drink and party their faces off. If that sounds like something you'd like, In would reccommend looking into it fast, as most schools are holding tryouts quite soon. (ie. UofL October 17th)

Theres gotta be someone who has been there before......There is a video floating around as well, if you want to see what its like, chances are there is a copy at your school somewhere. Be warned, the video contains nudity, and some funny shit!!:clap:

thich
10-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Aren't the interviews for the games quite competitive?

4G63Power
10-02-2003, 11:11 AM
It can be simply defined as "One Big Gong Show" :D

davidI
10-02-2003, 11:12 AM
I was thinking about going...two of my best friends go. Really it is a good time, lots of drinking and partying etc. etc. and the people from the U of Calgary are all good shits but from what I've heard the people from teh rest of the schools are nerds and losers. I'm not goin this year just cause I have a gf and a lack of money for drinking but it is a good time. It's too late now to submit your tryout form as try-outs are on Saturday. I went to the try-outs last year and it was a really good time, lots of drinking and being retarded!!!

R-Audi
10-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by thich
Aren't the interviews for the games quite competitive?
Super Compeititve, but thats becasue schools want to win. its funny that people think they are serious Business games. HA!

As far as other schools people being nerds, they typically aren't for this event, seeing that you have to be loud, fun and drunk. I am helping to run the tryouts for Lethbridge, and that is usally the farthest from the truth. We end up with super fun people, whether or not some people consider them 'nerds' or not.

It works for us, as we won the 'Spirit Cup' last year

davidI
10-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Right on, I have a couple friends that went with Calgary last year and that's just what they were telling me but I know it's a great time. I went to the tryouts for calgary last year and it was a good time but at the same time I don't have the money to go this year!

If you can find the video hook me up, my best friend was apparently runnin around naked in green paint so I want to black mail her haha

JJLuke
10-10-2003, 10:26 PM
as a former BG'er, the big rule is that what happens at the Business Games STAYS at the Business Games. Tooooooo much shit going around, and lots of schools getting blamed for things that could've been avoided if people kept their mouths shut.

Bottom line, you get the drunkest you've ever been, you party the hardest in your life, and you lose clothes over the weekend.