PDA

View Full Version : Who works two jobs?

calgarys_finest
01-07-2009, 01:34 AM
I was wondering if there are any people here that work a full time job and a part time job? I seem to have alot more time on my hands now and dont want to spend it at home doing nothing. I dont want to go out to the bars or anything i just want more money :) . What jobs do you have one the side if you work a full time job. Trying to figure out what there is other than 7-11 or something like that.

EK 2.0
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
ONE JOB?!?!...

You only work ONE job??!!??

Jpu5_3qk4KM

Destinova403
01-07-2009, 02:44 AM
im a full time student... and work 36 hours a week... does that count for anything?

there is another forum member on here who works with me... (your welcome for the job hookup :P) hes doing it as a side job... ill let him speak up with his experience

something retail in the malls or something? they usually are pretty chill for hours.

Gabe182
01-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
ONE JOB?!?!...

You only work ONE job??!!??

Jpu5_3qk4KM

:rofl:

WTF is this from?

You lazy lima bean :rofl:

Antonito
01-07-2009, 08:41 AM
^ In Living Color

msommers
01-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
im a full time student... and work 36 hours a week... does that count for anything?

How many classes are you taking?? Any with labs or anything? That is pretty intense, props if you're keeping your marks up as well, wow.

The Cosworth
01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
there is another forum member on here who works with me... (your welcome for the job hookup :P) hes doing it as a side job... ill let him speak up with his experience

How do you get your big head into that little prelude. haha :poosie:

yeah I work with Destinova 2 or 3 days a week at a Part Time job. I also work full time downtown.

Going to be working tonight actually.

To be honest I dont mind it, the only thing I hate is that I get up for my normal job at 5:30 and I am usually working until 9:30 at night. If I could leave at 8:30 I would like it much better

Kloubek
01-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Hell no. We're all millionares on Beyond. Didn't you here?

Trini
01-07-2009, 09:48 AM
work around 3 days a week a part time job in addition to my full time one.

a social dsease
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I've worked full time, plus worked at the liquor store by my house for a little while (dont anymore). It was pretty fun, but I got tired of never having any free time in the evenings between working and going to the gym.

Pros of working in a liquor store: pretty easy, mostly cashier work, get to learn about wine and booze, free stuff
cons: crappy pay, boring on weekday nights, working until midnight on friday/saturday (although some close early)

good luck

EK 2.0
01-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Hell no. We're all millionares on Beyond. Didn't you here?

"hear"...;)

LadyLuck
01-07-2009, 09:57 AM
My full time gig is as a Volunteer Services Manager by day, and by night I am an assistant Events Manager.

most of my days consist of 18hr shifts, but I'm used to it.

Kloubek
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

"hear"...;)

Aw shit. You know - I NEVER used to make mistakes like that when I was younger.... guess I'm gettin old.... :)

mdeluxe
01-07-2009, 10:11 AM
2 jobs for me too.

Shell Canada and Boston pizza on weekends

cityhunter2501
01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
FT IT for o&g
PT 10-15hrs IT for a SMB client

money is good..but too much stress now

WWJAI
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Every summer I usually work two jobs since being a student is tough to save up some money. Would be working two jobs right now but can't seem to find full-time employment for the day in my field.

Wehbeast
01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
I work 2 part time jobs and am a student. What else can you do, Id like to get out of college debt free!

Destinova403
01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by msommers

How many classes are you taking?? Any with labs or anything? That is pretty intense, props if you're keeping your marks up as well, wow.

5 classes, no labs but one tutorial, 2nd year, double major... 3.6 GPA

Jeremiah
01-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I work 8-4 and i have thought of getting another job, for some extra money, but i'll probably be taxed more than half of what i make

GQBalla
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
earl you were suppose to hook me up !!

cityhunter2501
01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
haha matt ill let you know when i need a hand.
setting up a cisco asa5505 for them right now and vpn to their Vancouver and San Jose sites, if you still remember how to setup vpn let me know!

drtoohotty1
01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Enmax during the day and security for concerts and events at night

ZorroAMG
01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Now I know where halls got the idea....

pVKBwVOBOh8

rumeo
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Now I know where halls got the idea....

pVKBwVOBOh8

first thing i thought of when i found this thread...just couldnt think of the product that used the commercial...tooo funny

max_boost
01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Does working 70 hours a week at one job count as two? lol

Graham_A_M
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I do some Chauffering some odd weekends (as in drive those enormous SUV limos), whenever they need the help. A couple of friends own the company so I just help out whenever they need me. The spare cash on the side certainly makes it worthwhile too
:bigpimp:
but its a lot of fun at times. Last weekend it was a party bus full of 18-20 year olds. Some nice talent there to be sure. :drool:
...but it didn't work out as planned. Still had an absolute blast though. WOW that was awesome.

Antonito
01-08-2009, 10:48 PM
When I was a drafter I would work construction on the weekend.

Now I'm in construction and work construction on the weekends.

I think I'm doing this backwards :rofl:

pinoyboy88
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm full time student and I work 28 hours a week at my part time job, marks are average

Dumbass17
01-09-2009, 07:05 PM
i was thinking of getting a part time job but it just doesn't seem worth it to me :dunno: work 7-4:45 and then don't get home til 7:30 or 8 after the gym and shower...

Rocky
01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I used to do that back in the RX7 days, but I don't really owe any allegiance to Civic or Integra drivers... mainly because there's millions of those on the road. If a nice tuned EG/EK/DC is running beside me, I might shoot a glance, but then again there's so many cocky and unfriendly Honda owners that it's just ridiculous.

I miss my rotary

WWJAI
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
I used to do that back in the RX7 days, but I don't really owe any allegiance to Civic or Integra drivers... mainly because there's millions of those on the road. If a nice tuned EG/EK/DC is running beside me, I might shoot a glance, but then again there's so many cocky and unfriendly Honda owners that it's just ridiculous.

I miss my rotary

WTF are you talking about??:dunno:

Graham_A_M
01-09-2009, 10:37 PM
^ Word, what the fuck was that?

eur0
01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
While I was at SAIT full time I was also doing a full time job for a graphic design company. Needless to say, I didnt do so well with my classes...

copynpaste
01-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Get a job at the airport as a baggage carrier - $21+ /hr. But the shifts are all 12 hours and go up to 15. Min 5-6 days a week.

copynpaste
01-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
i was thinking of getting a part time job but it just doesn't seem worth it to me :dunno: work 7-4:45 and then don't get home til 7:30 or 8 after the gym and shower...

Not worth it dude (at least wasnt for me), you only live once and enjoy your these years while youre still young. Life is too short to be working 12+ hrs a day, 5, 6, or even 7 days a week. I have a couple friends who do it and I'll give them props alright but I have no clue how they manage. I used to work 2 jobs plus school when I was 17-20, 70+ hr weeks and it was just too much. It was roughy physically and mentally working on 3-4hrs sleep a night.

40 is enough for me, I like to just go home right after work and relax.

jwslam
01-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I work 8-4 and i have thought of getting another job, for some extra money, but i'll probably be taxed more than half of what i make
serving jobs ftw

rumeo
01-10-2009, 01:05 AM

I miss my rotary

guy im sorry man but im just so confused

Antonito
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing right about now Rocky is wondering why the hell that post didn't show up in the thread he thought he was posting in

sullygully
01-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste

Not worth it dude (at least wasnt for me), you only live once and enjoy your these years while youre still young. Life is too short to be working 12+ hrs a day, 5, 6, or even 7 days a week. I have a couple friends who do it and I'll give them props alright but I have no clue how they manage. I used to work 2 jobs plus school when I was 17-20, 70+ hr weeks and it was just too much. It was roughy physically and mentally working on 3-4hrs sleep a night.

40 is enough for me, I like to just go home right after work and relax.

I'm with you. 40 hours is enough for me to live a good life. In the winters i get to snowboard before work everyday, and in the summers i get to golf after work everyday.

badatusrnames
01-10-2009, 04:40 PM

I miss my rotary

Maybe it's metaphor...

95RSzy
01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Accounting in the morning and wireless representative in the evenings and weekends, its not that bad. :)

Canmorite
01-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Worked two in the summer, one during school right now. Looking for another part-time job though.

copynpaste
01-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by sullygully

I'm with you. 40 hours is enough for me to live a good life. In the winters i get to snowboard before work everyday, and in the summers i get to golf after work everyday.

And the thing that most people tend to overlook is the fact that no matter what jobs you are doing, in the long run it will just run down your overall health and well being.

skyline19
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
i work 40 hours monday to thursday and then on friday, saturday i work up at the local hill for 16 hours as a liftee.

Dont really consider the liftee job as an actual job, its more fun then work, cause i pretty much just snowboard half the time :D

Denslayer
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
full time downtown then work nights at the bar on thrusday and fridays... needless to say i dont really sleep before going to work on friday morning but hey.. thats life :thumbsup:

malcolmk14
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Was doing it last year for about 4 months.

Got sick of the 65 hour work weeks and now I'm back to one job.

alloroc
01-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I miss my rotary

frequented before serving it, drain it cook it filleted, ask for five inches by a tomato put in grated cheese, and add water, with some slices of three to be stuffed with water, and cover it with the left hand, adding tarragon vinegar, adding it simmer it to the fresh raw while you happen to a couple of butter. Let all together. OX TONGUE Cook two days. Then add a good purée round and before taking care that it in halves long-ways, and a little cream. Take a few drops of grated and mix it. The three hours; you may

http://johno.jsmf.net/knowhow/ngrams/index.php

Beerking
01-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I work 45 hours a week with my biotch company. I spend another 50 hours a week listening to whining and complaining that comes along with being a husband:thumbsup: