PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone/ plans

3G
10-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Hmm i want something that's not digital...something like analog or something..any suggestions?

xkon
10-02-2003, 09:59 AM
telus analog Brick phone!!!

YCB
10-02-2003, 10:01 AM
why would u wanna get a analog phone?? batteries will proabably last like 3 hours standby... if u still want a analog.. get the old vadar.. they look cool. haha.

3G
10-02-2003, 10:03 AM
I dont want something too old

YCB
10-02-2003, 10:07 AM
i think analog phones are old man... actually.. try telus.. i talked to some rogers guy.. and he says that telus just recently changed to digital... rogers went from analog to digital now to gprs...

the old vadar i think still looks pretty cool..

ryder_23
10-02-2003, 10:38 AM
rogers still has analogue. newer style phones, but run solely on analogue. My friend has one of the phones, really shitty service, but it seems u only get reception when ur out in the boonies, but in town u get nothing, hahahah.

GTS Jeff
10-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by YCB
i think analog phones are old man... actually.. try telus.. i talked to some rogers guy.. and he says that telus just recently changed to digital... rogers went from analog to digital now to gprs...

the old vadar i think still looks pretty cool..

huh!?!?!? that rogers guy doesnt know anything, or u didnt understand him correctly, or he was just bsing to make rogers look better. telus has been digital for a long time and gprs is not like some sort of step about digital, its a data protocol, which telus also has in the form of 1x.

anyway, u can get analog service with every single phone provider, (even fido cuz they roam off telus' net). the trick is to find an analog only phone that is still on the market. u will have a hard time doing that, so maybe look for an old one from someone that you know.

why do u want analog? the only advantage of analog is that it will still have reaaaaalllly staticy reception when a digital phone cuts out completely.

u do realize that u can buy tri-mode (digital and analog) telus phones for around $100, or $0 if u go on a contract...so why use analog?

3G
10-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

why do u want analog?

so why use analog?

personal reasons man :)

GTS Jeff
10-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

personal reasons man :) huh?? religious beliefs?

3G
10-02-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
huh?? religious beliefs?

wtf lol no just personal reasons i will not disclose on a public forum

szw
10-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Maybe he's amish?

roopi
10-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by szw
Maybe he's amish?

:rofl:

if you want analog just go on ebay and buy an analog startac for $20.00. just decide who you want service with and sign up month to month.

go with either telus or rogers. personally if i was to go analog i'd choose analog. and if i had to pick any analog phone i would either get a zac morris brick (i saw one last week at the flea market for $20 and it was pimp) or a startac if you want something that fits in your pocket.

3G
10-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by szw
Maybe he's amish?

wtf iis Amish?:confused: :dunno:

B17a
10-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

wtf iis Amish?:confused: :dunno:

It's a culture where members do not adopt new "technology". Menonites are similar. One however is worse, I can't remember which. One will use vehicles at least and phones, but the other not even.

hash
10-08-2003, 12:23 PM
i think ur thinking of 'Hutterites' ... not menonites.
correct me if i'm wrong tho.

ryder_23
10-08-2003, 12:31 PM
you dont want analogue, cause this way people like me can listen in to your conversations :thumbsup:

thich
10-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by hash
i think ur thinking of 'Hutterites' ... not menonites.
correct me if i'm wrong tho.

yeah i think hash is right.
there aren't any oldschool mennonites here in Alberta.
I saw them when i went down to Pennsylvania; the oldschool mennonites use machines, phones etc though.

Amish won't use any form of technology.

and I think Hutterites also use some forms of technology as well...

eur0
10-10-2003, 12:59 AM
yea i dont think he would be posting on a forum let alone be on a computer