PDA

View Full Version : anyone with experience moving large aquariums?

bksze
01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I will be moving my tank soon. Fortunately for me, I'm moving from one phase of my condo to another phase. However the last time I moved my aro, he passed away the next morning. Not sure what was the cause as he was the only guy to go out of the bunch so that leaves me a bit wary.

Aside from that fact, this will be the first time where I'm moving the fish and original tank. Prior to that, I had the luxury of transferring fish from an old tank into a new already established tank, which in my opinion is definitely a lot easier.

So I will be moving my 260 gallon tank stocked with the following:

2 rays (10" - 12")
6 clown loaches (4" - 5")
1 pleco (5")
1 aro (11")

The tank is drilled with 4 holes in which I have 2 FX5s. Heater is an external one that connects to one of my FX5. Stand is just a plain iron stand with skirts. No canopy, just glass top and 2 t5 light fixtures.

Any tips?

TIA

sk8r3124
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
PM Loweg

revelations
01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Some fish stores will take care of your fish for a fee.

Golds comes to mind, not sure how big they can go though - depends on time of year.

sk8r3124
01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Forgot to mention he won't be available for 2 weeks cause he is getting married in costa rica, leaves tomorrow morning.

If you can wait, it will be worth it. He has lots of experience with large tanks and high end service calls.